Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 15, 2009

Old     (dxii)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-04-2009, 8:44 PM Reply   
I'm thinking about picking up a used v210. I've never actually seen one in person, but based on my DXII barefooter's performance over the last 10 years and the reviews I've read on here, I don't think I'll be disappointed. I've done some searching but still have a few questions:

1. Is the 315hp 350 mag enough, or will I be sorry I didn't find one with the scorpion?

2. Will I be able to enjoy an occasional barefoot run at 44mph behind it?

3. Does anybody from a warmer climate have time to take a fellow Sanger enthusiast for a ride in one sometime in the next week? The one I'm looking at isn't set up with ballast and is packed away in storage. I'll obviously take it for a test drive before buying, but I probably won't have the time to check out the wake with a little weight in it.

If there's anything else I should know, feel free to speak up. Thanks!
Old     (davidggriffith)      Join Date: Sep 2008       02-04-2009, 8:56 PM Reply   
you should get the black scorpion my uncle has a 99 v210 all they do is ski great boat
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-04-2009, 8:57 PM Reply   
I am sure there are plenty of people willing to give you a pull if you can get down to The Bay area. You are going to hear pretty much nothing but good things to say about the V210. From what I have heard the 315 should be fine. The V210 is a skinny light boat compared to most newer wake boats. The biggest downfall I have heard is that the V210's with the 315 have more of a hump on the sunpad.
Old     (dxii)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-04-2009, 9:06 PM Reply   
Thanks Brett. I can actually get to the bay area with a few hours notice. I'm in Salt Lake City and work for an airline, so I can fly pretty much anywhere.
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-04-2009, 9:16 PM Reply   
John,

I own a 2002 V210. All things equal, I second the Black Scorpion with less hump in the sundeck. I own the 315 HP and while it doesn't really bother me, it would be nicer without it. The extra horses would be benefit.

My boat is primarily set up for wakeboarding. The 315 HP's are just fine. I like to short-line barefoot off the boon several times a year and can get the boat up to 41-42. A little different prop (3 blade) might help on the top end a bit.

The boat is very versatile - wakeboarding, slalom, footing - I like a bit of everything.
Old     (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-04-2009, 9:27 PM Reply   
There is a guy on our river that uses Sanger V-210's for his barefoot camp, I'm thinking there is a reason for that.

We have the Black Scorpion in ours, and it is awesome, but 15 hp really shouldn't make a lot of difference, although you do get the hump on the sunpad with the Mag 350.

90" beam, (same as early CC 210's) means a lot less weight needed.
Old     (bshipley)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-04-2009, 10:17 PM Reply   
John,

Scott Pellaton from Sanger will be at the Utah Boat show this weekend. Scott just might be one of the best barefooters in the business and would be happy to answer any of your questions regarding the V210. If Utah Lake was not frozen right now you would be more than welcome to take a ride in my 210. We love the boat and the 210 loves the extra weight up front. I went with the Black Scorpion as well. Good luck and I hope you get one. http://www.barefootcentral.com/WATN_scott_pellaton.htm
Old     (magnusm)      Join Date: Dec 2003       02-05-2009, 12:15 AM Reply   
You won't be disappointed with the V210. I have an '03 with the 315HP engine and it's more than adequate power even when weighted down. As others have said this is a fairly small, light boat (by today's wake boat standards), so plenty of power with either. The hump on the sun pad doesn't bother me, but that is a noticable difference.
If it wasn't for the crappy weather rolling into the Bay Area (San Jose area) you could come out on mine at some point, but doesn't look like I'll be out this weekend.
Old    walt            02-05-2009, 5:51 AM Reply   
I have the 315 HP in my boat and it plains out just fine when slammed. (@ 1800 feet elevation)
It would be nice not to have the hump on the sun deck though.

If I remember right it will do 47 MPH on the GPS but it starts to porpoise a little. That might be all the lead that I still had in the boat though ?

The V210 is one of the best handling boats out there. It will turn on a dime even when weighted.

The wake is great too.

The only negative thing I can say about the V210 is the low freeboard.

Upload
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-05-2009, 6:02 AM Reply   
Every boat manufacturer does something with their boats that makes you say, "What the #$&% were you thinking!". For Sanger, it's the hump in the sun pad. There must be no women that work at that company.
Old     (dxii)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-06-2009, 7:40 PM Reply   
I just got back from the Utah boat show. I was looking forward to asking Scott Pellaton a few questions, but he had left for another show already and won't be there for the rest of the weekend. The v210 that Sequoia Motorsports had at the show looked great, and I'm more confident that the v210 is the way to go. Now I just need to get a ride in one (I have gas money!). Anyway, thanks for all the responses.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-06-2009, 8:04 PM Reply   
John, you're welcome to come out on mine anytime. Hour north of SF.
Old     (bobby_and_mikey_dad)      Join Date: Nov 2008       02-08-2009, 10:14 PM Reply   
I was at Z-Marine this weekend and they have a clean 2006 V-210 they are trying to sell, the guy that owns the place Steve was really cool give him a call he's lookin to move some boats.

Steve 775-329-4666
z-marine@gbis.com
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-09-2009, 8:26 AM Reply   
Long Tooth, do you know what he if trying to get out of that v210? I am not looking to buy but just curious.
Old     (socalsurf)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-09-2009, 12:03 PM Reply   
John, I was at the LA Boat Show yesterday and they had new 2008 V210's with the 330hp Black Scorpion for $29,500. I bought my V215 from Sun Country Marine in Castaic there last year and they've been great...
Old     (brett564)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-09-2009, 12:15 PM Reply   
I second the low free board issue. That was the deal breaker for me. Even on a river, with wakesurfing becoming more and more popular, those huge wakes can potentially cause alot of problems, that I just don't want to have to think about.

I've never met a Sanger owner who was disappointed in their boat however, and 30K for a brand new V210 is awesome. I can't imagine the V215 would be a ton more. I would go with the V215 for the larger interior comfort issue
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-09-2009, 12:38 PM Reply   
The V210 is surprisingly dry. We very rarely take water on anywhere and we run HEAVY. We do run the bow cover tho which keeps everything out of the front.