Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old    biggsie            12-19-2013, 9:17 PM Reply   
Getting ready to put together a system for the boat this spring. I want the sub in a small sealed box that will be the part of my passenger seat. I was looking at an alpine type r and the recommended enclosure for that sub is huge. I don't need anything expensive or marine grade and I'm thinking 10" pushed by about 200-300 rms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old     (Elliottsx80)      Join Date: Feb 2012       12-20-2013, 7:05 AM Reply   
i put a marine jl 10w5 in the bow of my old x80 and it worked really well, it was in a small sealed box with 300watts going to it
Old     (Greeko)      Join Date: May 2013       12-20-2013, 9:18 AM Reply   
Any entry level sub will work to be honest.
If you want something with a small box id suggest the Alpine Type E sub

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...-SWE-10S4.html

250 WRMS and only requires a 0.5 cu ft box...
On top of that its only $65.

If you are going to buy a cheap mdf box...Make sure you coat it with epoxy or rhino liner of some kind. If you build your own, use marine plywood.

Good luck