Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 05, 2004

Old    xtremebordgurl            08-28-2003, 8:05 PM Reply   
I'm not a very happy camper right now. My Belmont has seen more of my room than it has the water . I get out once a week or less due to Sh*tty weather! The most days I have ridden consecutively this year were four and that only happened once. So what I wanna know is does your geographical location affect how often you ride? (I'm look'n for an excuse to move to Fl, will i REALLY have that much more riding time?). So my question to you all is how often do you ride, where are you from, and what has the biggest impact on how often you get to ride (family, work, weather.. etc.)?
Old    wes_the_gimp            08-28-2003, 9:48 PM Reply   
Bess sorry to hear that. We are in the LA area, and since we bought our boat, 4 months ago, we've put 140hrs on her. Thats A few hrs. in the mornings over the weekends, and a few hrs. in the evenings during the week. Also a couple of trips. Work and family have been extremly supportive, but they are the only reason Im not out more. (the kids wont wake up at 5am every Sat.& Sun. of the summer!haha)
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-28-2003, 10:41 PM Reply   
Once a week!!! I'd kill for that!!!
Old     (cas)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-29-2003, 1:48 AM Reply   
I am out as much as possible. It can from once a week to almost every day. The only things that stops me, is the weather (it can be really sh*tty in Denmark) and not having someone sailing my boat. Luckely my girlfriend is really supportive and she sails it sometimes.

Now the cold seasson starts, so the last two weeks I have only been out three times .

So a good advice! Don't move to Denmark if you are looking for more riding time
Old    pete82            08-29-2003, 2:29 AM Reply   
And defintely not Norway, ride once a week if I am lucky. Lacking a boat also affects how much I ride since I am dependant on others. Get to snowboard in the winter though.

Wakeboarding for the last time this season on Saturday. Getting cold.....
Old     (king360720)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-29-2003, 3:36 AM Reply   
I ride in upstate NY from April to Oct. First two months and the last month in a dry suit. I ride three times a week at a minimum; knees permitting. Just took up kiteboarding which might cut into the wboarding time.
Old     (noneya)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-29-2003, 6:43 AM Reply   
Texas..3-4 times a week, April-Dec then only about 1 a week. South Texas is even warmer
Old     (tdeneka)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-29-2003, 7:02 AM Reply   
Another upstate NY. All year baby!!! Drysuit below 50ish water. Summers usually get two or three times/wk. Fall we ride a little more because all the weekend warriors/wallys stom coming up. Winter at least once a month, as long as we can find liquid water!!!
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-29-2003, 7:43 AM Reply   
I come from the water, dunt dunt, I come from the water. Toadies.
2-3 times a week
In Floda we skin it till late December and use extra skins in Jan-Feb and sometimes in March.
Are you sick to your stomach yet?

Kristian, I feel for you man. I know you're hurtin' for certain.
Old    tarks            08-29-2003, 8:07 AM Reply   
UK, Pine Lake 2-3 times a week equating to 4-6 10 minute slots (usually get just over that but you cram some serious wakeboarding into those precious minutes. I do a 90 mile round trip to where I do it....... well worth the trip and the guys at Pine Lake are seriously supportive dudes! Pine Lake rocks..... Wake Surfing is on the up!
Old    wake_junkie            08-29-2003, 5:24 PM Reply   
We ride 3-6 times a week in MS from March to Oct. Gas and Injuries are what keeps us off the water. We made it 10 days in a row 1 time.
Old     (ryin)      Join Date: May 2002       08-29-2003, 8:55 PM Reply   
Im from Western Mass, i try to go out 1 time a week, i usually get up early and hit the morning glass before work or after work, but it also depends on when im working. It also doesnt help when i dont know any other people that ride where i live. Also not to many people my age have there own boat, so i try to get my dad to take me out once a week. Im sure it would be more times if there were others that rode and had a boat to use. o well its better than nothing at all.
Old    josh_tn            08-29-2003, 9:02 PM Reply   
I'm from West Tennessee. We usually ride at least once during the week and both saturday and sunday weather permitting. Pin Oak Lake, Beech Lake, Tennessee River.
Old     (wakeboysmom)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-30-2003, 5:57 AM Reply   
South Central Texas- (Canyon Lake) At least 40 hours per week during the summer when school's out (high School) Then during school, 20 hrs per week. All year long with the exception of late December to First of Feb. then my son will ride with a "chill skin" top on and go out maybe 8 hours a week. It's always ridin' weather here.
Old    awlang            08-30-2003, 6:38 AM Reply   
I ride on Conneaut Lake in PA. The weather this summer has been terrible, so I have only boarded about 10 times. Our gas bill for the month of July was only $22.00!!! That is completely unheard of!
Old    gina            08-30-2003, 8:37 PM Reply   
Sacramento, California, I ride as often as I can find a pull....a few days a week, (2-3) on the Delta or sac river.....the only thing that stops me is if I can't find a pull!
Old     (identiti_rider)      Join Date: May 2003       08-31-2003, 7:07 AM Reply   
Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, UK. About 3hrs a day 6 days a week in the summer... but thats on a cable. behind the boat down in cornwall only about 3-4 times a season due to the sea not always bein that calm etc... (cold too ;-))
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-31-2003, 7:10 AM Reply   
Leo, do you ride on at whitecap?? I saw the cable when I went to compete at Nationals this year.
Old    wakeboardjo            08-31-2003, 10:00 AM Reply   
once a week, sometimes every other week. If no one else is as into wakeboarding as I am, its my loss due to lack of boat; it really sucks
Old     (tonys)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-31-2003, 11:56 AM Reply   
Livingston, Montana. With nine months of winter, this is not a wakeboarder's paradise. I only get out four, or five times a year, (it would be more if I didn't have such a demanding job), But I make the most of every trip, and ride til I can't stand up the next day!. Most of the die hards put on a dry suit starting sometime in late September and go til it freezes up.
Old     (pjdave)      Join Date: Oct 2002       08-31-2003, 11:21 PM Reply   
Brisbane, Australia I try to get out at least twice a week all year round, The coldest it gets here is a long sleve top, for about a month.
Old     (identiti_rider)      Join Date: May 2003       09-01-2003, 9:53 AM Reply   
Yea the whitecap cabletow at willen lake.