Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2009

Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-25-2009, 10:32 AM Reply   
Andrew wins gold
Dallas wins gold
Raimi wins silver

USA Wakeboard is very very Proud of you.

Held every four years, the World Games is organized and governed by the International World Games Association, under the patronage of the International Olympic Committee. For more information on the World Games
http://www.worldgames-iwga.org/

Mens Finals
1 71 USA ADKISON Andrew 87
2 80 CAN RATTRAY Kyle 68.4
3 79 THA JAEMJAN Padiwat 64
4 74 KOR KIM Yong Il 61
5 75 KOR PARK Sung-jun 54
6 73 RSA FACCIO Shaun Vernon 30

Heat #1 Semi Finals
1 79 THA JAEMJAN Padiwat 74.4
2 75 KOR PARK Sung-jun 69.6
3 74 KOR KIM Yong Il 63.3
4 78 BEL DELEFORTRIE Quentin 53
5 76 HKG CHEUNG Ho Lung 48
6 83 FRA HERNAEZ Paul 24

Heat #2 Semi Finals
1 71 USA ADKISON Andrew 82.4
2 73 RSA FACCIO Shaun Vernon 80.6
3 80 CAN RATTRAY Kyle 74.4
4 72 GBR DAVIES Nicholas 50.3
5 81 CHN ZHANG Wei 50.2
6 85 ITA GIANINI Walter Bruno 39

Womans Final
1 61 USA FRIDAY Dallas 76.8
2 62 USA MERRITT Raimi 76.1
3 65 JPN ASAI Miku 57
4 63 BEL VENKEN Elke 51.1
5 69 ITA GENTILE Ginevra 48.3
6 66 CHN CHEN Li Li 32.8

Woman Prelims Heat#1
1 62 USA MERRITT Raimi 78.6
2 66 CHN CHEN Li Li 69
3 67 FRA TUAZ TORCHON Estelle 48
4 63 BEL VENKEN Elke 44.7
5 70 UKR LIAPINA Iaroslava 29.7

Womans Prelims Heat #
1 61 USA FRIDAY Dallas 77
2 65 JPN ASAI Miku 52.1
3 69 ITA GENTILE Ginevra 50.6
4 64 SIN CHRISTIAN Sasha Siew Hoon 38.5
5 68 AUS BLAAUW Caitlin 38.1
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       07-25-2009, 10:54 AM Reply   
Nice!!
Old     (xistential)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-25-2009, 1:29 PM Reply   
I know, or know of, 90% of the women in those 2 heats. The state of womens wakeboarding worldwide is dire. Look at the distance between Dallas and Raimi and the rest. And if they used the D.R.I.V.E.scoring system it would be greater. Much greater. Alarming!!

Congrats to the top two. I believe Raimi rode really well. Almost won.
Old     (hoosairboy)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-25-2009, 5:35 PM Reply   
why only 1 american male?
Old     (xistential)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-25-2009, 5:51 PM Reply   
Maybe nobody else wanted to go? I doubt there is any money in it. Would any top pros go to the IWSF worlds if they didn't have the world cup? Sounds cynical but it's how they make a living.

If Nicola wanted to go she would have had to pay for herself. Lot of money.
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-25-2009, 6:32 PM Reply   
Roger

The World Games is a invitational much like the Masters. Orginally the IWSF only allowed USA Wakeboard to send 1 elite from both men and woman. However after the submission deadline, USA was given the chance to 1 more athlete because the field was not filled. So this is the tough part about picking a team. Its all about getting the Gold or in this case Gold and Silver.

This is why membership and participation in the 3 USA Wakeboard events each year and IWSF World Championships is so important.

Please note that USA Wakeboard National Championship for Wakeboard, Wakesurf, and Cable are this upcoming week starting July 30th. More info here http://usawakeboard.com
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-25-2009, 7:00 PM Reply   
USA Wakeboard paid alot of the major expenses.

Things are changing on this front. The USOC will be paying any USA Wakeboard member for placement of 1st - 4th of $2500 - $1000 at the 2009 IWSF World Championship.
Old     (xistential)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-25-2009, 9:04 PM Reply   
So Chris, as a matter of interest do you think guys like Rathy,Soven, Harley, AA, etc are going to give up the chance to win the K of W by skipping the WWA Worlds? I will be very interested to see who is going to go where, come the end of August.
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-25-2009, 10:13 PM Reply   
Im sure most will stay here. That is the easy thing to do. It will be those who have not established IWSF ratings that really need get on the World Cup.
Old     (hoosairboy)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-26-2009, 10:54 AM Reply   
Interesting to see where all this goes. I would have said WWA is a no brainer a year ago but not so sure now. Both IWSF and WWA have had to reduce their world cup and world series events. The WWA is the pure play of wakeboarding with the very best riders. It has always been the one to be in for industry sponsors. But the industry is down and the sponsors have been cutting deep. Who knows how the next couple of years will be for money. I would not even bet a ton of money the the PWT will be able to get more money.

The IWSF has much larger crowds and a tie to the world games and Olympics. The World CUp has better pay-outs and they seem to have bigger non-industry sponsors. It sucks they limit the number of US Riders. At least have 5 able to go. Limiting it to 2 or 3 sucks for the sport.

I think the WWA sees them as a threat and that is why they have scheduled Worlds to conflict and Board Up and Wake Games. Trying to kill it. I was in KY and I heard someone say that Harley is going to Korea. Is that true? That would be huge. I imagine Fields is going there and hopefully one of the top 10 or 15 US rider on tour will be going also. Chris W, do you know who is repping the USA in men and women?
Old     (xistential)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-26-2009, 12:20 PM Reply   
Harley is staying with us so I will ask him.You wonder if he is 5 or 10 points off the K of W come August........? The IWSF have said that anyone who does not compete will not be eligible for the WC stops. They will never be able to stick to that. Maybe with ladies like Nicola and Amber but they are not going to blacklist Philip,Rusty, Dallas,.........etc,etc.If they do they might as well fold up their tent. If they want to showcase wakeboarding they need the best riders.

All the WWA have done, with their scheduling clash, is penalize the wakeboarders. What exactly is the point of that? They cannot support a womans tour and now they force them to choose between the two organizations, limiting their options even further. Pointless!!
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-26-2009, 12:41 PM Reply   
this has nothing to do with nothing but Chris W. your boat is friggin SICK!!!
Old     (bill_c)      Join Date: Apr 2009       07-27-2009, 11:50 AM Reply   
Harley is riding at the WWA Worlds
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-27-2009, 8:17 PM Reply   
Confirming Adam Fields and Austin Hair will be going to IWSF World Championship in Open Men for Team USA. Most of the travel expenses are pickup by USA Wakeboard.

However any rider may enter on their own. Any rider that is a member of USA Wakeboard placing 1st - 4th in open men or open woman division equally will receive a grant directly from the United States Olympic Committee ranging from $2500 to $1000 depending on placement.

FYI USA Wakeboard was only allowed to send 2 riders from each division for team selection.