Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (bac)      Join Date: Feb 2008       11-26-2009, 9:11 PM Reply   
Hey everyone. I've recently been getting some emails from some boaters curious about the regulations in certain states, PA being the biggest concern. I am in the process of writing and creating the survey. What I need from all of yall, if you can, is some links to local wakeboarding/wakesurfing sites that you use or know of. I know the majority of us spend the majority of our time on this site of other forums. I am trying to get a wide variety group to help see if I can maybe pinpoint some areas that are more problematic than others.

Also, isn't there a report someone here did where they measured CO levels at various point and, out and behind the boat and compared it to an FAE? I would kill to get ahold of that info, as I think it could be very relevant and help me in assisting a fellow wakesurfer and his family who also rides.

Thanks in advance guys and gals! Hope that you all had a safe and happy Turkey day!
Old     (bigobuck)      Join Date: Sep 2009       11-27-2009, 5:12 AM Reply   
The report your talking abut is done by Wake9. You can find it here http://wake9.com/youtube_player.php?v=7i0BjrGah2U&w=640&h=385&autop lay=1&iframe=true&width=640&height=385
Old    surfdad            11-27-2009, 5:45 AM Reply   
TXSurf - Larry Mann at FAE had the USCG (which engaged the NIOSH/CDC to) evaluate the effectiveness of FAE in reducing CO. That report, and several others, are on the FAE website.

The USCG - NIOSH/CDC report:

http://www.boatpipes.com/Reports/USCG-NIOSH-FAE_report.pdf

Earlier reports by NIOSH/CDC studying CO in various scenarios, possibly useful for you:

http://www.boatpipes.com/Reports/Report%20171-05ee2.pdf
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       11-27-2009, 6:22 AM Reply   
There are a series of CDC reports, the ones the Jeff pointed out for FAE, but also for Side Swipe. There are others for house boat and other boating related CO incidents. Check out the CDC web site.
Old     (bac)      Join Date: Feb 2008       11-27-2009, 9:33 AM Reply   
THanks for the links guys. The info I am collecting will actually be used to approach the PA Fish and Boating Commission about clarifying their surfing laws.

I plan on posting the survey on various local boarding sites to see what kind of feedback I can get and see hwere the pronblem areas are

(Message edited by bac on November 27, 2009)