Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 05, 2009

Old     (polkadottie)      Join Date: Dec 2008       12-02-2008, 2:20 PM Reply   
Hi guys - I need help in figuring out what to get my boyfriend for Christmas! He's a wakeboarder and I'd like to get him a board for Christmas.
I have no clue what type to get him - I think it'd be cool to get him some old school one (he has a bunch of new ones) that he can like hang up as artwork, ya know?
Any ideas of what or how to get one??
Thanks!
*Dottie*
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-02-2008, 2:24 PM Reply   
someone had an old one in the X-mas give-a-way thread, just claim that and offer up something else in return
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       12-02-2008, 3:25 PM Reply   
We need a little more info if the gift is going to be something he really digs. For example...is he a wakeboard history buff and spends time watching old wake videos? Does he have a favorite rider that he always talks about? Personally, I would not want an old deck to hang on the wall, but would love a wakeboard bench using 'older' (though not necessarily antique old) boards. If he is really into wake, I'll bet you could get him talking about what he would think is really cool just by dropping a subtle conversation starter to see what would interest him.
Old     (polkadottie)      Join Date: Dec 2008       12-02-2008, 7:25 PM Reply   
Thanks Loren!
Well... he watches videos of wakeboarding stuff ALL the time, has all the magazines ect.
He owns a Nautique.
I'm pretty sure he likes Shane Bonifay.
He is in love with the new Humanoid stuff.
Also he is a really big out-doorsman - like fishing, bow-hunting, whatever - he's all about it.

I guess also I'd like to know what would you guys like from the gals you're seeing for Christmas.

And thank you to those of y'all who do respond to this... I really appreciate it!
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-02-2008, 7:32 PM Reply   
so he's seen the new humanoid stuff? cus im pretty sure they havent released anything. i think it would be sweet to get something like a humanoid board that no one has...wait a second...this post describes me...thats odd lol
Old     (polkadottie)      Join Date: Dec 2008       12-03-2008, 8:55 AM Reply   
Kevin, what I meant by the humanoid stuff was that he likes their graphics on their website and some of the boards that were submitted by folks.
Old     (devildog_ra)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-03-2008, 10:26 AM Reply   
just get him a system 2.0 i am sure he will love you forever for this one!!!!!!!!
The System 2.0 is essentially a straight-line cable system that can compliment full size cable park setups for events or as stand-alone rail parks. But the System 2.0 can also be used for private backyard setups because it is the first cable system that is actually portable. And unlike other two tower systems, System 2.0 was designed specifically for wake sports and provides a continuous ride—meaning that you won’t have to drop the handle or stop after one pull down the rail course.
http://www.thewakeparkproject.com/systems/system2.php
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       12-03-2008, 1:22 PM Reply   
Sounds like he has been wakeboarding for a while and has probably developed specific equipment preferences. In other words he is probably going to be pretty picky when it comes to wakeboard gear and wouldn't go with that, but here a couple of other ideas.

Buy a gift certificate or prepay for some wakeboard lessons or a stay at a wakeboard camp.

Line up the travel and accomodations for you and he to go to a pro wakeboard tourney.

I don't know where you live, but if he has not been to a cable park, lining up a trip to one of those would be good.

A nice size pic of you in a Reef ad.
Old     (polkadottie)      Join Date: Dec 2008       12-03-2008, 2:36 PM Reply   
Ryan, I'm sure he'd love me forever for that one... what guy wouldn't?? Maybe for his birthday

AtTheLake, we're in Texas - just down the street from TSR so he's been there, done that. Plus it still scares me to see him hit rails even though I know he's amazing at it. haha.

The picture of me in a Reef ad would be pretty awesome, I'm sure he'd just die over that one! Certainly a keepsake, although he'd have to promise not to post it in that Boat Bun thread...

Thanks for your help guys!
*Dottie*
Old     (shon_g)      Join Date: Apr 2007       12-03-2008, 4:48 PM Reply   
The System 2.0 is SICK...I am getting one!!
Old     (otown_dave)      Join Date: Dec 2007       12-03-2008, 6:15 PM Reply   
For Christmas how about a homemade coupon book with "I won't complain when you come home from the lake late because the water turned to butter right as we were leaving & you just had to ride one more time" coupons....
Old     (polkadottie)      Join Date: Dec 2008       12-03-2008, 6:26 PM Reply   
Hahaha. That's classic David!!!! That will for sure be a stocking stuffer!!!
Old     (otown_dave)      Join Date: Dec 2007       12-03-2008, 6:46 PM Reply   
I could use some my self. We don't mean to ,it just happens that way...
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-03-2008, 8:43 PM Reply   
This boy friend wouldn't be on Wake World at all would he???

if so he is probably watching this thread going down, laughing about it

as for ideas... you could get
*coupon for humanoid gear in the future
*slingshot gear (pioneered the flex tech in wakeboards... humanoid is a flex board company)
*company wake gear- similar reasons as above, more flex tech
*Box of Fun DVD one of the newest wake DVDs coming out

OR

* IF you got MAD artistic skills, just submit a graphic to the art contest on humanoidwake.com and win him a board and some cash and stuff ;)
Old     (polkadottie)      Join Date: Dec 2008       12-05-2008, 11:20 AM Reply   
Jeremy... silly boy, don't you think I would be sneaker than that to use my actual name??
And yes he is on wakeworld but I don't think he's caught on yet...

But as for the Box of Fun DVD set - that's a very good idea! Thanks!

Also, I did find something last night while out on the town... it's a black and white photo of the Stevie Ray Vaughn memorial statue that is in Austin - I'm going to have it matted and framed for him. Think he'll like it? I know it isn't wakeboarding stuff but that's just one of his gifts.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       12-05-2008, 2:37 PM Reply   
Not much of a diehard wakeboarder if he's on WW and hasn't caught on yet. JK
Old     (polkadottie)      Join Date: Dec 2008       12-09-2008, 1:01 PM Reply   
Ryan... I wouldn't say he isn't diehard - I'd just say he's a bit oblivious!

So I've been working on gifts and I for sure used AtTheWake's Reef girl idea and David's coupon book idea... Thank you guys a bunch!!
Old    Ben Kerran            12-09-2008, 1:40 PM Reply   
Polkadottie- I should have caught on earlier!!! I already told you what I want, but I will re-itterate just in case.

1. HSE Volume control
2. Blue Inland Surfer
3. Surf rope/handle

Dottie-Sorry if you are not my wife, but I wanted to cover my bases
Old     (polkadottie)      Join Date: Dec 2008       12-09-2008, 5:24 PM Reply   
Hahahaha! Smart move! ...guess you'll just have to wait and see on Christmas morning if I am!
Old     (maxwake)      Join Date: Dec 2008       12-10-2008, 7:43 PM Reply   
Get some Ballast Bags. www.Maxwake.com or maxwakemaxfun ebay store
Old     (polkadottie)      Join Date: Dec 2008       12-11-2008, 9:10 AM Reply   
Oh, his Nauti already "slammed". We went through the whole fat sack thing last Christmas. haha. Thank you Bobby!!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-11-2008, 9:45 AM Reply   
Maybe Bobby will get a gift card for Wakeworld and can pay to advertise
Old     (polkadottie)      Join Date: Dec 2008       12-26-2008, 6:10 PM Reply   
SOO it's the day after Christmas... right??
Wondering how my gifting went??

Well I got in contact with Humanoid and Joel hooked me up like none other!!! He sent me a shirt and one of their boards for Kevin (yes, Kevin Hoye from up there - believe me guys this was the HARDEST thing to keep from him for almost a month!)
I'll try to post pictures soon!
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       12-26-2008, 6:54 PM Reply   
Cool, keep us posted :-) Happy holidays!
Old     (otown_dave)      Join Date: Dec 2007       12-26-2008, 8:33 PM Reply   
Glad it worked out well for you!!