Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 21, 2008

Old     (skatehawk11)      Join Date: May 2008       08-18-2008, 5:30 PM Reply   
i nailed my first tantrum/invert of any kind today! it was unbelievable!!!! heres the vid! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQtpimzJ7Qg
thanks everyone on wakeworld for all the support all season long! haha
Old     (loudsubz)      Join Date: Aug 2001       08-18-2008, 5:45 PM Reply   
Nice man!!

Landed my first about 2 weeks ago. Landed 5 in total now. Feels good for sure.
Old     (tcaz)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-18-2008, 5:55 PM Reply   
congrats bra, keep it up
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-18-2008, 6:46 PM Reply   
Awesome man. You are one composed dude, the first time I landed a tantrum I went nuts :-)
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       08-18-2008, 7:02 PM Reply   
nice, congrats, im next.
Old     (lseghatch)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-19-2008, 2:55 PM Reply   
Nice job man, haven't went for a tantrum yet but I landed my first front roll just the other day. Our composure is about the same too, people in the boat get more amped than me haha. Keep up the good work.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-19-2008, 3:55 PM Reply   
nice man! That feels awesome doesn't it?!? Once you get that first invert down, it gets easier and easier to learn more.
Old     (skatehawk11)      Join Date: May 2008       08-19-2008, 4:44 PM Reply   
definatly, the composure only lasted so long it was sorta delayed cuz i was just in shock that i was on my feet again riding away!
Old    murrayair            08-19-2008, 11:50 PM Reply   
Congratulations Brian! I remember the time I landed my first invert (also a tantrum). It's a feeling you will never, ever forget. Now go out there and nail a backroll while you're in the zone!
Old     (skatehawk11)      Join Date: May 2008       08-20-2008, 8:07 AM Reply   
damn backrolls are really scary though!
Old     (bsebllhglyknit)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-20-2008, 10:39 AM Reply   
haha Brian Im the exact opposite of you. I can land the backroll no problem now but Im scared to death to try a tantrum haha

I have quite a few girls coming on the boat this weekend so maybe its alittle motivation
Old     (sloshake)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-20-2008, 11:09 AM Reply   
Still working on the first tantrum here. Brian - what was the last part for you to figure out to land one?

It can be nice hearing from someone who just figured something out as they most recently know the exact same challenges you're going through.
Old     (ldebbold)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-20-2008, 11:16 AM Reply   
Too cool. Nice video record, but what about some celebration! Great work.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-20-2008, 12:40 PM Reply   
same here Ryan
working on a backroll, but I've heard to many broken ankle stories to get the nerve to try a tantrum
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-20-2008, 12:49 PM Reply   
Likewise here. Backroll = easy. Tantrum = brain block.
Old     (bjeremi)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-20-2008, 12:56 PM Reply   
Same here. Backroll pretty much dialed. Tantrum attempt ate my ass.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-20-2008, 1:28 PM Reply   
Ha ha, that was awesome. Stomps first trantrum: Cool as a cucumber - "WOT". Pro style I love it.
Old     (skatehawk11)      Join Date: May 2008       08-20-2008, 3:36 PM Reply   
haha, i guess i have to try a backroll now after hearing how easy they are. Yeah i landed and looked up and i was just in shock that i was finally back on my feet and riding. After i landed i cut out threw the rope and put my hands on my head and pretty much freaked out but my sister cut the video before that! Gerald, i feel like the biggest most important part to throwing a landing a tantrum is the cut. I had been trying tantrums all summer sorta not really concentrating on the cut (mostly out of fear). The biggest thing is too cut out nice and wide and cut in as or harder than a normal w2w jump. You really do need that speed to throw yourself all the way around and back onto your feet. Also another thing that helped was being told to pull the rope towards my body while flipping. I don't know what that does but as soon as i started it gave me a sense of control on the air and made keeping the rope in my hands on the landing easier. Good luck...ill let everyone know how my backroll goes!
Old     (wakeboardertj)      Join Date: May 2005       08-21-2008, 6:12 PM Reply   
im in the same boat, can throw tants all day long but backrolls are a block for me
Old     (mrboston187)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-21-2008, 6:15 PM Reply   
personally for me, backrolls and tannys were both really scary, until i tried them. once you get the first attemps out of the way you lose your fear. the only thing scary about backrolls is comin up short and digging your nose, which i did once, but other than that, theyre both kind of natural rotaions.

best of luck