Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 14, 2005

Old     (wakesa)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-09-2005, 10:37 AM Reply   
I am thinking about buying one of these and have heard it throws a good wake with the ballast. It would be great to hear your opinions and/or post some pics of the wake if possible. Thanks...
Old     (mbrown)      Join Date: May 2005       09-09-2005, 12:56 PM Reply   
You should ride behind it to see if YOU really like the wake. For some people the SAN 210 or 211 wake is not their favorite. For others it is the best.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-09-2005, 1:58 PM Reply   
SV 211 one of the nicest IMO.definetly in the top 3 including ALL the top WB boats...X2,SAN,etc.
Old     (wakesa)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-09-2005, 2:10 PM Reply   
So even though its a cross over boat, it can create a top standard wake?
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-09-2005, 10:52 PM Reply   
Machew,

My 211's wake is quite a bit different than a SAN's. The SAN throws a steep narrow wake that really kicks you up if you hit it correctly. The 211 has a bigger wider ramp that's not as steep, easier to hit but the better riders should be able to go bigger behind the SAN. The 211 even throws a decent wakesurf wake with stock ballast. I am able to get more air if I run the front tank at 3/4 full so the wake is a little steeper.

Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-09-2005, 10:53 PM Reply   
another
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-09-2005, 10:53 PM Reply   
Slalom mode
Old     (wakesa)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-10-2005, 1:19 AM Reply   
Mikeski, is that 211 fully loaded with stock ballast? Can it throw a bigger wake with a couple more fat sacks?Looks great for slalom with the hydro gate turned on. thanks
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-12-2005, 11:08 AM Reply   
Wake pictures can be deceiving, it should be plenty of wake to do whatever you need. I had added 500lbs to the rear when I first got the boat then removed it after I learned how to tune the wake by running the front tank only 3/4 full. It's a pretty heavy boat so it's more about tuning and less about weighting.
Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-12-2005, 5:15 PM Reply   
yes, Mikeski's wake is nice :-) He definitely know's how to get it right
Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-13-2005, 12:37 PM Reply   
Ski wake looks good. Better than I thought it would. How's the drift when skiing from the post? Have you driven in a course with it yet? Demoing one in a couple weeks, can't wait, and had to ask.
Old     (depoint50ae)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-13-2005, 1:17 PM Reply   
That wake is sick!
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-13-2005, 1:34 PM Reply   
Notidad,

The boat moves quite a bit more than a center engine direct drive when pulling slalom skiers. I ran a 28off pass through the course earlier this year. Since I was rusty I got pretty late and hammered a turn at 5 ball, hung on and refused to give up. It caught my equally rusty boat driver a little off guard and I pulled the back of the boat out of the course over the end gates killing the bouy. No kidding about it, it's a beast to drive through the course.
Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-14-2005, 11:26 AM Reply   
The wife is a great driver (taught by a friend that drives at a school). DD makes it easy. Will check it out and look for the drift when we demo one next week. Thanks for the info. Dealer keeps telling me it drives better than my 94 Sport. I don't know about that.......
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-14-2005, 12:20 PM Reply   
Maybe it drives better than your sport in open water, but not in the course!

Noticed your rack post on another topic. I am using Monster Tower racks and I just ordered a set of flight clips. My boat just barely fits with boards inside my dock's awning structure. With the Monster Racks I can just pop them off to put the boat in the slip. Also have a waterski rack from Monster so I will be able to run up to 8 boards or 6 boards with two slaloms on the tower. The ski locker holds two 68" slaloms with highwraps after a bit of struggle (if you get the U ballast tank). I have had three slalom skis with two 66s with low wraps. I got another glovebox lock for the ski locker so I can lock up the ski locker, works great. Now if I could just figure out how to lock down the passenger seats.