Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 14, 2005

Old    head461            12-19-2004, 7:13 PM Reply   
Anyone know what the wake is like on this boat?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-19-2004, 7:31 PM Reply   
I've ridden a Tige' 20V which is the same hull. Wake was a nice shape. Smallish without ballast but big & beefy when weighted down hard out. Here is a pic with 1200 pounds & 4 peeps. Was Ok to ride but really needed a bit more to be fun.
Old     (akdoc)      Join Date: Feb 2004       12-20-2004, 7:43 AM Reply   
Aaron,
We have an 04 switch V. The wake is good, not huge but a nice shape. It is more rampy like you see in the pic above. It is not really steep. The wake gets much better with weight. We have stock ballast, then put 8 friends in the boat and the wake is great. The boat is heavy in the rear, put a sac in the front walkway and the wake gets a lot harder.
The interior on the 05 is supposed to be better than the 04. That is the biggest drawback. Other than that, we have 120hrs on ours with no problems at all.
If you are looking at buying one I would get it without ballast and then add an aftermarket system.
Here are some pics of our wake.

Wake 1

Wakesurfing

Old     (akdoc)      Join Date: Feb 2004       12-20-2004, 8:45 AM Reply   
The pic is with boat speed of 20, 70' out, 3 people in boat with stock ballast full.
Old    head461            12-20-2004, 6:18 PM Reply   
Thanks alot................for price of the boat that wake looks fine to me!