Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Other Water Sports > Other Water Sports

Old     (mcelhek)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-15-2004, 11:06 AM Reply   
tubing rocks!!! we like to get 7 tubes at a time with 2 people each and drive in circles and 8's and make really big wakes and get HUGE air... we're so hardcore that we get up at 7am to make sure the water is good for the rest of the day... during the winter we wear drysuits but then wetry to keep the "tube wars" to a minimum (jumping from tube to tube trying to knock other people off)... our favorite thing to do is to cut off anyone pulling someone on something non-inflatable, they get so mad! its really funny.

lets hear all your most extreme tubing experiences!!!
Old                07-01-2004, 1:55 PM Reply   
we go every summer twice a year to lake travis and we go Tube Wars. i thought we were the only crazy ones who did this and called it the same thing.lol
Old     (ryin)      Join Date: May 2002       07-01-2004, 8:19 PM Reply   
defenitly gotta have tube wars, none of my cousins really ski much or wakeboard, but they will tube so its a good way i can still enjoy some kind of water sport with them while whipping them off the tube
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-05-2004, 8:56 PM Reply   
Tubing rocks. I've got the triple up pattern down. Launches the riders 15' up. HOWEVER...we only break out the tube after the water is too crappy to board. This means that you really suck, Kevan, and it's a good thing you are no where near me when you pull sh_t like that.
Old                08-10-2004, 8:34 PM Reply   
for real though, i hate when people do gay stuff like that
Old     (wakeboarder123)      Join Date: May 2004       10-08-2004, 7:47 PM Reply   
sounds fun.... for someone who cant wakeboard
if the water is nice why in the heck whould you tube and make huge waves for all the other people who wakeboard. at my lake people do that kinda stuff and u have to like wait for the very right moment to go wakeboarding. like 6 in the mrnign or 10 at night or else theres only like tubers making these huge waves. And one thing that really makes me mad is when i see people come out from the boat docks with there pimped out x stars and all the do is tube all day no wakeboarding not even wakeboards with the m only tubes. makes me mad. but that would sound fun. THey should have a loke only for tubers and get them off all the nice lakes at 7 in the morning
Old     (wakeboarder123)      Join Date: May 2004       10-08-2004, 7:48 PM Reply   
sounds fun.... for someone who cant wakeboard
if the water is nice why in the heck whould you tube and make huge waves for all the other people who wakeboard. at my lake people do that kinda stuff and u have to like wait for the very right moment to go wakeboarding. like 6 in the mrnign or 10 at night or else theres only like tubers making these huge waves. And one thing that really makes me mad is when i see people come out from the boat docks with there pimped out x stars and all the do is tube all day no wakeboarding not even wakeboards with the m only tubes. makes me mad. but that would sound fun. THey should have a loke only for tubers and get them off all the nice lakes at 7 in the morning tubing is fun but as a last resort for me when u cannot absoulutely not wakeboard
Old     (wakeboarder123)      Join Date: May 2004       10-08-2004, 7:48 PM Reply   
oops srry posted it twice
Old                10-27-2004, 5:10 PM Reply   
I hurt my back last year doing barrel rolls. The most i do is 3. we don't just do air we also do what we call "land speed record" which should actually be called water speed record but anyways we go about 40-45mph and crank the wheel and we get whipped out wide untill eventually we roll and roll and roll. We got some great footage. Right now i'm working on an arial barrel roll (barrel roll in mid air off of a wave) i'm getting real close but i want to land it clean. Heres a couple pics of us tubing: ps. don't worry about us messing up your butter, were the only ones on our lake that do any watersports

Old                11-25-2004, 11:23 AM Reply   
Kevan - "...we get up at 7am to make sure the water is good for the rest of the day..."

...yet,

"...our favorite thing to do is to cut off anyone pulling someone on something non-inflatable, they get so mad! its really funny. "

From zero to inconsiderate in less than two sentences.

(Message edited by fng03 on November 25, 2004)
Old     (phall925)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-07-2005, 6:53 PM Reply   
You know I respect everyone's right to have fun on a public piece of land or water. However, For those of you who do not respect the right of wakeboarders and skiiers to enjoy a good piece of water, I hope you all break your backs from acting like such idiots. Also, if you are one of those dorks thats spends tons of dough on a huge wakeboard boat and dont have the B@LLS to try a real sport like wakeboarding find something better to do with your time. These high end boats were made for skiing and hanging out after a good ski run not or the dorks that cant ski and just tube.

Just remember when you guys are out there tubing, the rest of the lake is looking at you and thanking God that we are not you.
Old                01-25-2006, 8:22 PM Reply   
Sweet Pictures, tubing is an awesome way to spend the day! I really love wakeboarding though, but tossing the kids around on a few tubes is too funny!

http://www.faceplantwatertoys.com