Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       04-03-2012, 11:26 AM Reply   
For those of you that chill in a cove after you finish riding, what kinds of toys do you have with you?

Things like the liquid force island, a paddleboard, I have seen underwater dive scooters. What else? anything to keep up the entertainment?
Old     (ReSession)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-03-2012, 11:44 AM Reply   
I can tell you one thing I WON'T be buying this year...the Sub Wing - it looks like a lawsuit just waiting to happen! Nothing like pulling divers under water from your boat and wondering if they hit anything submerged?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VgA32p_6fE
Old     (mastercraf)      Join Date: Jul 2009       04-03-2012, 11:48 AM Reply   
^^^^^^^^^^^that looks EXTREMELY hazardous!
Suffocation number one, but hitting an underwater feature!
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       04-03-2012, 12:10 PM Reply   
Ice luge, shot ski, funnel, funnel ski, party island = good times at the cove.
Attached Images

Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       04-03-2012, 12:17 PM Reply   
Oh, and a stand up jetski and a frisbee are tons of fun.
Attached Images

Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       04-03-2012, 12:25 PM Reply   
Ever since I saw this at my boat ramp, I've been considering getting a paddle board. Must be a good workout...
Attached Images

Old     (nautiquesonly)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-03-2012, 2:12 PM Reply   
^^^ dear lord
Old     (rbeckei)      Join Date: May 2007       04-03-2012, 2:28 PM Reply   
^^^ YES, You called my son! LOL LOL. She has a very nice paddle
Old     (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       04-03-2012, 5:27 PM Reply   
That ice luge would last about 3 mins before it was completely melted in our area.
Old     (992envy)      Join Date: Jul 2011       04-03-2012, 11:10 PM Reply   
Cool topic, I need some new toys
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       04-04-2012, 5:56 AM Reply   
Dave, you'd be surprised. We've done about 5 of these now. The ice blocks cost $50 and last about 5 hours in direct sun at 95 degrees here in south Tennessee.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       04-04-2012, 6:29 AM Reply   
Chattt you guys look like you have a kickass time.. I love that you have the cooler full of energy drinks in the one pic.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       04-04-2012, 6:52 AM Reply   
Yeah, some of those pictures were taken at Board Bonanza near Nashville, TN. Unfortunately, they cancelled that event this past year because Old Hickory lake and/or the Corps. was going to require the people who ran the event to pay thousands of dollars for on water security to "police" the floatilla. Really makes no sense whatsoever. We always had a sober driver, and I never saw anyone receive a BUI in the 7 years that I went to that event. Hopefully, they get something figured out for 2012.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       04-04-2012, 7:20 AM Reply   
I bet the participants in the luge fell off quite a bit after that dude used it as a slide.
Old     (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       04-04-2012, 7:44 AM Reply   
Looks a lot like the Parker sand bar out here. You're better than I am with a camera, I don't ever bring one. Any photos i'd have to track down some chicks who had them. Then again, as long as there is no photographic evidence to hurt me when I run for president
Old     (snowslider76)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-04-2012, 7:55 AM Reply   
Bring a few pumps for this set up.
Attached Images

Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       04-04-2012, 8:34 AM Reply   
Hahahahahaha DAAAAAMMMMMNNNNN! WTF is that thing called? I bet it's like 20 grand.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-04-2012, 8:49 AM Reply   
You'd need a barge to tow all of those things out and then half a day to inflate!
Old     (DealsGapCobra)      Join Date: May 2010       04-04-2012, 10:12 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReSession View Post
I can tell you one thing I WON'T be buying this year...the Sub Wing - it looks like a lawsuit just waiting to happen! Nothing like pulling divers under water from your boat and wondering if they hit anything submerged?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VgA32p_6fE
Back in 2000 we has some amazing clear water in Cheat Lake (the river part) and I built something exactly like this...it was a total blast! If you have clear water, build one (I used two pieces of 1/8" ply and a copper tube) and give it a try. Idle speed and a lookout ahead for obstructions (from both drive and diver) was in order but it really was a good time.
Old     (lukus)      Join Date: Jul 2009       04-04-2012, 11:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DealsGapCobra View Post
Back in 2000 we has some amazing clear water in Cheat Lake (the river part) and I built something exactly like this...it was a total blast! If you have clear water, build one (I used two pieces of 1/8" ply and a copper tube) and give it a try. Idle speed and a lookout ahead for obstructions (from both drive and diver) was in order but it really was a good time.
My cousin and I built something like this as well when we were around 12 years old! We copied it from something our dads made when they were kids. It was in the shape of an "airplane" (and that's what we called it) and we used it every summer for a few years.

Now that I think about it...we built 3 of these with power tools in our granfathers shop and drug them behind a pontoon or a fishing boat all summer all without any supervision. I don't even think we kept life jackets in the boat! Man, times have changed (at 33 it feels wierd saying that)

/hijack over

to stay on topic: The inflatable climbing walls look like they could be fun
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-04-2012, 11:34 AM Reply   
Paddleboards & inflatable islands are about all we've done so far. While I will never look as good as the paddler above, I do get a ton of use out of it. Not just partying, but evening/weekend workouts too. Takes me 30 minutes to bust out 3 miles.

Thinkin about buying one of these FM transmitters so we can synch all the stereos with one music source.

We made a shotski out of a snowski..... guess we'll have to make one out of a waterski now.

Banks Lake, WA - NW Wow 2011. We had like 8 stereos synched via the WS420 cables.

Old    LR3w8kbrdr            04-04-2012, 12:47 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattwake View Post
Ever since I saw this at my boat ramp, I've been considering getting a paddle board. Must be a good workout...
For those who havent tried standup paddling yet. You should. Trust me youll get hooked. Its a great entire body workout.
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       04-09-2012, 7:36 AM Reply   
i think the paddleboard is on my list for sure. as for that huge setup jason smith posted....bad@$$!!!
Old     (bstphen24)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-09-2012, 7:52 AM Reply   
One of our favorites.
Attached Images

Old     (newty)      Join Date: May 2005       04-09-2012, 8:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bstphen24 View Post
One of our favorites.
Thats awesome!
I see a run to the hardware store in my future
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-09-2012, 10:18 AM Reply   
What is it?
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-09-2012, 10:20 AM Reply   
Love the beer pong setup. Thats a riot.

But why do you need a dipper cup to rinse off the balls? Aren't you in a friggin lake??

And seems like if you were in a lake, it would be red solo cup carnage everytime a wave came by.

Would be great in the hot tub though!
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-09-2012, 12:26 PM Reply   
Chattwake, do you know where that palm tree pool/float was purchased? That would be awesome for my daughter at the shorehouse?
Old     (mtmoore187)      Join Date: Jul 2009       04-09-2012, 12:57 PM Reply   
anyone know anything about airups.com and their water blob? or any other blob recommendations. the op and i are trying to find some more things for the kids (meaning us) this year.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       04-09-2012, 1:05 PM Reply   
Target
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-09-2012, 1:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmoore187 View Post
anyone know anything about airups.com and their water blob? or any other blob recommendations. the op and i are trying to find some more things for the kids (meaning us) this year.
You talking this thing? http://www.the-blob.com/

Looks like an absolute riot. But spendy as can be.
Old     (ReSession)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-09-2012, 1:39 PM Reply   
ah man, Brad's post totally reminded me of the inflatable beer pong table we got last summer but haven't used yet!

http://www.portopong.com/
Attached Images

Old     (bmock50)      Join Date: Feb 2011       04-09-2012, 2:15 PM Reply   
Blobs are legit, definitely worth the money for all the crazy stuff you can use them for!
Old     (bstphen24)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-09-2012, 2:22 PM Reply   
It is to have a place to put the empty cups. And we made it so the table tops sit high enough that passing waves won't hit the cups. Sitting in a life jacket is the best way that we have found to play. The table tops aren't glued so that we can break it down to fit better in the boat.

Last edited by bstphen24; 04-09-2012 at 2:28 PM. Reason: added info
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-09-2012, 2:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_airjunky View Post
Thinkin about buying one of these FM transmitters so we can synch all the stereos with one music source.
25 days for shipping? Seems fishy! LOL! Are there other FM transmitters that might work? Someone had one at Horsetooth last year and it worked ok for the first 5 boats on each side but after that it was a little fuzzy.
Old     (flattirenotube)      Join Date: May 2007       04-09-2012, 3:04 PM Reply   
Here is ours. My buddies wife hand painted this, and holes are drilled just slightly smaller than the bottom of a solo cup so they sort of snap in place and don't tip over. Works great. The bottom is completely covered in noodles as well so it floats no problem. We play in Powell where you sit in a vest and float with it. Have gotten tons of compliments and people wanting to buy it.
Attached Images

Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-09-2012, 3:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by flattirenotube View Post
Here is ours. My buddies wife hand painted this, and holes are drilled just slightly smaller than the bottom of a solo cup so they sort of snap in place and don't tip over. Works great. The bottom is completely covered in noodles as well so it floats no problem. We play in Powell where you sit in a vest and float with it. Have gotten tons of compliments and people wanting to buy it.
That thing is bad ass!!!
Old     (flattirenotube)      Join Date: May 2007       04-09-2012, 3:39 PM Reply   
Thanks Chris. We also liquid glass the whole thing so that water doesn't affect it.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-09-2012, 4:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyb View Post
25 days for shipping? Seems fishy! LOL! Are there other FM transmitters that might work? Someone had one at Horsetooth last year and it worked ok for the first 5 boats on each side but after that it was a little fuzzy.
Yea, I imagine it's made in some crazy corner of the world far from here. Probably takes them a while to get the hooker or child labor going to make them & get them shipped out. Not to mention the slow boat to get here.
We have 2 FM transmitters of some kind, both were cigarette lighter shaped things. One would work for 5 or 6 boats in any direction. The other barely worked 10' away. It would be good to see/try one out that actually has some range. That one says .4 of a mile. Seems like that would be plenty.

PA, that beer pong setup is outrageous. I'd hate to have to store it on the Vride though.