Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 04, 2009

Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-02-2009, 11:04 AM Reply   
Sorry all but this really pissed me off yesterday! What is it with all the inconsiderate, it's all about me moron douches!? Went out to Pedro yesterday and on the way hit the gas stop in Waterford to top the boat. I filled up and pulled out of the way, had to back away cause some moron backed in and blocked my exit.

Any way my buddy pulls in where i was, filled his boat and flipped around to fill the truck and some total douche driving a black hummer towing an older VLX DD flew in the driveway and tried to snipe the pump before he got fully pulled up! His wife was blocking the drive until he got there so these morons whip around to the other side and smash the trailer into the pump guard! Takes them 5 minutes to un-entangle themselves! We bail the gas stop and i'm thinking i don't these idiots anywhere near me.

We launch at Pedro, and pull over by the auxilary dock waiting for the rest of our 4 boat group to launch and while waiting i see the gas douches come down the ramp, cutting off others and take 10 minutes to put the freaking boat in! They proceed to tie a donut tube to the front of the tower almost blocking all view!

So they head out while waiting for our last boat to launch but fifteen minutes later their back! Forgot the plug and damn near swamped the boat! Shoulda seen how much water came out! They tie the ramp up for 20 minutes now!

Were outta there and spend the full day on the water, coming in at 6:30pm and there's the gas douche boat tied to the dock! They're all standing on the dock, tying it up waiting for the trailer! Hummer dude finally shows at the top and goes around everyone and literally cuts off my buddies wife backing into her lane! Everyone yells at him and he says, no lie, "My boats down there!" So's everyone else's azzbag!

So check 'em out, he back into lane 4 and then drags his boat with a rope across 4 lanes behind other trailers to get on his trailer! What a freaking douche!

Sorry just had to get it out! I sure hope gas douche reads this maybe he'll get a clue, doubt it though.
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-02-2009, 11:25 AM Reply   
lmao, totally RAD!!!!!!! your painful story just made my day, sorry and thanks.
Old     (tinytdubb)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-02-2009, 11:26 AM Reply   
some people just don't get it.
Old     (chilidog)      Join Date: Dec 2007       08-02-2009, 11:28 AM Reply   
Classic....let me guess, blasting super loud gangster rap in the 5 zone, beer bong hanging off the tower, affliction shirts, and tons of powerturns??
Old     (jinxton)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-02-2009, 12:01 PM Reply   
Affliction shirts......sums it up right there!!!!
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       08-02-2009, 12:30 PM Reply   
And people pulling tubes behind I/O's get blasted. One more reason to judge a boat owner by thier actions and not the type of boat they drive. I see just as many, if not more DB's in 80K towboats as I do beater I/O's. Anyone can buy a boat and anyone can be a DB on the water.
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-02-2009, 12:34 PM Reply   
Bryan It wasn't that painfull for me, i was laughing & shaking my head most of the time until the pull out incident!

Scott, your not far off! They had more wetsounds than they knew what to do with! Blasting some obnoxious crap i'd never even heard! Had some anorexic underage looking girls with 'em that thought they were all that! NOT!

Don't think they even had t-shirts! All four were shirtless at the gas stop at 9AM and shirtless & lobster red at pull out at 6:30pm!
Old     (goinbigg17)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-02-2009, 12:53 PM Reply   
And your video camera was where? Could have made some great YouTube entertainment it sounds like.
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-02-2009, 3:46 PM Reply   
Affliction shirts....classic! Probably a few "wrong color sports team hats with hologram stickers still on the flat bill" caps in the crowd as well.
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       08-02-2009, 5:03 PM Reply   
I ride on Lake Erie so I don't get many flat days.When it is flat it's mostly when the wind is out of the south and you ride near shore using the land as a wind break,about 100 to 200 yards from shore.So where do you think everyone drives their boat in between my boat and the north shore 60 miles away or between my boat and the south shore 300 to 600 feet away?You guessed it almost every time it's between the boat and the close shore.I don't get it,I've even had boats with towers do it.
Old     (tro)      Join Date: May 2009       08-02-2009, 5:28 PM Reply   
thanks for the laugh. i bet these tools would laugh knowing that got some guy to post a thread about them on WW.

sucks that there are people that do stuff like this. sucks even more that there isn't much, if anything, we can do to prevent this type of behavior.

(Message edited by tro on August 02, 2009)
Old     (wakeboardlasvegas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-02-2009, 5:45 PM Reply   
Pics?
Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-02-2009, 5:56 PM Reply   
Its always so funny. Where do these guys come from? They dont even know their AZZCLOWNS!
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-02-2009, 10:15 PM Reply   
vid camera is a must from now on!
clue me in since I have been in the northwest or deployed for the last 3-4 years, whats with/wrong Affliction shirts? (just curious).

to bad their boat didnt just sink while they were out.
Old     (mars)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-03-2009, 5:28 AM Reply   
black H2... go figure.
And one wonders where stereotypes come from?!?
Old     (tazz3069)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-03-2009, 6:33 AM Reply   
Hey Razz
That's why we only go there during the week. I am not saying that only idiots go there on weekends. They are there during the week also. Not as many though. On weekends, when we are there, my dad and I sit by the docks and watch the mess that goes on at the ramp. I remember, one summer, we were getting gas at the boat store down the road. A drunk guy came in with friends and flip a U in the gas station parking lot. Mind you he had a boat hooked up behind his van. Well, as the U turn started, I pulled my dad back, and witnessed the boat flying off the trailer and into the parking lot. The idiots poured themselves out of the van laughing. Boat was destroyed. They deserved it.
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-03-2009, 6:44 AM Reply   
Naw, no cam everyone forgot to take pics and nobody had a vid with them. I should know better as there's no place better than Pedro's ramp on a summer saturday!

Which reminds me i forgot all about the doofuss that came up behind me while i'm waiting to load on the trailer. I'm floating a good 200' off the dock and this pontoon abortion looking thing comes up behind me and a lady is hanging out off the bow doing a titanic recreation asking us to move 'cause their going straight to the dock and were in the way! By know i'm like you've got to kidding me so i yell back sure thing, your boat thing doesn't turn? She looks shocked that i said that and grizzly adams at the helm looks confused! What a day!
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-03-2009, 6:55 AM Reply   
Weekend boaters make me want to just stay home. I had to stop my boat yesterday while being cut off by a tuber.
Old     (otown_dave)      Join Date: Dec 2007       08-03-2009, 7:24 AM Reply   
I'll tell you what, the boat dock makes me want to blow a gasket!! ( Fools aplenty) I'm in & away under 2 min, & don't block the dock while I walk to get the trailer to load up, or park at the top of the ramp to unload the cooler ice, ETC...
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-03-2009, 8:24 AM Reply   
@ Kenny, Affliction shirts = Douche cape

It's just a brand of clothes affiliated with mixed martial arts.

ARE YOU READY TO RUMBLE?!!!

I am not sure when this trend came about, but today going forth I am saying "War on Affliction." If you aren't aware there seems to be a misnomer that wearing a graphic tee worn by a Mixed Martial Artist is a fashion statement. It is not. In fact it is a travesty.

Mom said I couldn't get tattoos, so I wear this tee-shirt
Upload

Go to a local watering hole and you might just see hoards of men wearing graphic tees that look like someone threw up Lord of the Rings all over them and stamped it "cool." These shirts range from tattoo inspired to the cliche demons and hellspawn homage. They are drab with colors combinations meant for one place and one place only in the Mixed Martial Arts ring or the Octagon.

Now I am not attacking MMA, however man-humping it might be at times I appreciate a good scrap as much as the next guy. I enjoy the skill, technique and savvy that some fighters execute, but it is not a place for taking lessons on fashion and style.

Skeletor!!
Upload

I will compromise here, you can wear an Affliction shirt...in the gym or ring. That's it. Otherwise let's burn the rags for what they are; a delve into machismo marketing that is mistakenly considered fashion.

Arrggh mateys, get me some Red Bull, I need to head-butt something!

Men who wear these tees and the women who encourage them STOP. You do nothing other than promote yourself as a beer smashing neanderthal who lives daily on energy drinks and roid raging. It isn't hot or cool (two things you should always run away from) it is bad taste.

You can wear tees and graphic tees that is fine, but underneath a woven or hoodie as a casual look as viewed here.
Upload

It isn't and shouldn't be worn on a night out to impress because if the Peacock looks like a Troll, it is a Troll. So let's move beyond the Affliction and move onto a better Path to Style.

(I did not write this last blurb)
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       08-03-2009, 9:09 AM Reply   
our weekend wasn't filled with as many azzbags instances as yours but my bro was pulling the boat onto the trailer when a jetskier cut in front of him to pull onto her trailer. This caused my bro to have to slam it in reverse and smack the swim platform on the dock as he tried to avoid her. Her response?? Oh whoops didn't realize you were pulling onto your trailer..... Oh really what the hell did you think we were doing with me standing in knee deep water directing him into the trailer???????
Old     (tinytdubb)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-03-2009, 9:10 AM Reply   
^^awesome
Old     (brownclown)      Join Date: Jun 2008       08-03-2009, 9:49 AM Reply   
Hate,

I'd like to add on to your fantastic post. Let's add anything "Tapout" as well. Especially the giant rear window "Tapout" stickers.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       08-03-2009, 10:06 AM Reply   
I was surfing Sunday, when I crashed I heard a Jetski right behind me. I turned and it was about 40ft away. There was a girl riding it(pretty hot actually). She turned around a slowed to an idle, as to say something to me. I gave here the bird and yeld FO. The look on her face was priceless.
Old     (supra)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-04-2009, 2:35 PM Reply   
Here was one I experienced 2 weeks ago..

Waiting in line to load boat up,I see a larger sailboat in the number one lane, small ford ranger with a CHAIN wrapped around the ball and the chain stretched 20 feet into the water attached to the trailer somehow, they had to sink the trailer deep into the water to put the keel of the sailboat onto the trailer, It was the most unsafe thing I had ever seen. I pulled in the trailer , loaded with boat buddy right next to him, went up , wiped down boat and felt guilty by not helping these guys. I looked at the situation asked how long they had been at it, they said 30 minutes, I was sure the chain was going to break or come off, but we sat 5 guys on the back of the ranger for traction, pullued it out then it started to roll forward fast , jumped out and threw a block under the trailer wheel before it crushed the truck, walked away hoping nobody thought I was involved...
Old     (airrantz)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-04-2009, 3:00 PM Reply   
I love these ranting threads. One time out on Lake Roosevelt someone had a houseboat, I mean a 1960s 20' camper on pontoons blocking 2 of 3 lanes with the 3rd lane blocked by a Crownline that got towed in and tied off to the dock. Neither one decided it would be a good idea to use the other side of the dock and not block the lanes while there is a line of trailers 8 deep waiting to pull out with drivers in the boats. Then once the guy with the houseboat gets his trailer he has the nerve to ask if he can cut in front like there was some other option. Some people just don't have a clue.

(Message edited by airrantz on August 04, 2009)
Old     (johnny_jr)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-04-2009, 3:24 PM Reply   
Hate- could not disagree with you more.

Everyone wears clothing affiliated with something before it became the trend.. That's how clothing company's start (maybe you didn't know that) 75% of all clothing brands were born by affiliation to a sport of some sort.

Examples: Fox, Nautica, DC, DVS, Vans, Convers, HO, Hyperlite, Liquid Force, and the list goes on for ever. Check your closet if you don't see what I am taking about then maybe you are shopping for cost and not fashion. I'm no fashion freak I often shop for cost, but I do like clothes from these brands mentioned above. Man these brands are what keeps malls open and highschoolers employed.

Don't want to start a pissing match just stating my view/opinion.

I do agree that some brands get bad press, but as you stating "It's just a brand of clothes affiliated with mixed martial arts."

Emphasizing JUST, nothing more, nothing less.

I have an Affliction hat... why because it was $35 less then the Ed Hardey one and has the same visual appeal.
Old     (johnny_jr)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-04-2009, 3:27 PM Reply   
BTW, me owning a Affliction hat makes me a douch. Until today I didn't even know what the brand originated from, guess I should have check into before I decided I like the look....oh wait still don't care

Your's Trully,
Just Another Douche
Old     (saceone)      Join Date: Jan 2009       08-04-2009, 3:36 PM Reply   
lol great thread!!

HATE N PAIN for freaking prez!!!!!

same mess here in Montréal..especially with GSP being a local icon...it's crazy the amount of affliction shiet you can see in a single day..that or habs jersey. but that's cool.
Old     (otown_dave)      Join Date: Dec 2007       08-04-2009, 3:41 PM Reply   
You better watch out calling your self that it might stick, & you would not want that.It is funny though that you own the stereotypical "BU". ( Putting on flame suit now)
Old     (jcfox00)      Join Date: Mar 2009       08-04-2009, 4:53 PM Reply   
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JARA8Clufo

more affliction humor at the scottsdale bars...
Old     (h2oproaccessories)      Join Date: Sep 2007       08-04-2009, 7:49 PM Reply   
azzbag! hahaha 1st time reading that. i love it.... just awesome. should get T shirts made with AZZBAG across it... so when you see someone like this... you just throw them one.... Or bumper stickers. throw one on their bumper when they are not looking... although that would start some major crap.
Old     (ironcross25)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-05-2009, 6:03 AM Reply   
nothing drives me more crazy than people taking 10 years to load/launch a boat. That said nothing makes me happier than some who is clueless loading a boat taking ten years in one lane and me docking my boat, running to truck and backing down, then getting back into boat and driving on trailer and pulling out while the other guy has about 20 feet of rope out cranking his boat onto his trailer that is backed in way to far
Old     (black_ops_09)      Join Date: May 2009       08-05-2009, 9:06 AM Reply   
I agree, you see those shirts all over, and 90% could not even tell you how to do an arm bar or an iron triangle. They just look cool, NO grappling skills. I've been grappling for 16 years and I dont even own a Affliction...Dont be a poser!
Old     (nickbot)      Join Date: Feb 2007       08-05-2009, 9:24 AM Reply   
what's the deal with scottsdale??
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       08-05-2009, 10:05 AM Reply   
I think the negative with the Affliction shirts isn't so much where they started or what sport they're affiliated with, it's more so the type of person (the majority) who wears them. From my observations around town, and more specifically at a Maverick's game early this year, it appears to me that the type of douche, I mean dude, that wears Affliction shirts probably owns a Baja boat and a few gold chains as well.

At the Maverick game I went to earlier this year it wasn't just the Affliction t-shirts, but full on button down shirts and denim jeans all with the same type of tribal embroidery all over them. Perhaps because I'm old and married with kids I’m out of touch with today’s fashion trends, but these dudes just looked stupid. If the movie Night at the Roxbury was made in 2009 there is no doubt that Will Ferrell would have been wearing an Affliction shirt as he bounced his head to the side singing "what is love".

10 years from now the douches who wear this crap will look back at old photos and ask themselves what the hell was I thinking? Affliction is to 2009 as Z. Cavaricci’s was to 1988. Trust me.... I have photos of myself and I'm still wondering what the hell was I thinking
Old     (ironcross25)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-05-2009, 10:55 AM Reply   
z cavaricci's . I have a couple affliction shirts but they are pretty tame. they dont have tribal designs or skulls. My wife bought them for me cause i wouldnt dare spend 80 freakin bucks on a T.
Old     (ian_ashton)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-05-2009, 11:29 AM Reply   
There are a couple of people on our lake that I just don't understand.

Last night; beautiful brand new Supra - started out towing a tuber in the bay I was wakeboarding in - didn't wait or anything for me to fall, just balls to the wall power turns. So, I threw in the towel and got back in the boat. As soon as I dropped they put a rider in the water and packed up the tube; go figure. This was about 8:30pm. Our lake is no wake after 9pm. So sitting in our marina (which is in the same bay) until like 9:30 they were riding, blasting the tower speakers and making all sorts of noise for the homeowners on the lake.

Another guy on our lake has an incredible brand new Malibu VLX, and is always ALWAYS doing full press power turns and blasting the tower speakers in the small bays.

It was put best up above; some people just don't get it.
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       08-05-2009, 2:31 PM Reply   
Weekends are the worst at the ramp. It's mostly all the poor folks who have jet skis. There are always at least 5 of them at the ramp tying up the docks and getting in the way. Of course they do donuts right in front of the ramp all day. Then you have all the lower socioeconomic class folks swimming off the docks/ramp and fishing/lounging on the docks. It's insane.

Doesn't help that there's not much parking in the lot and if you get there later in the afternoon on a weekend the lot is full of cars in all the trailer spaces, so you have to park your rig on the street which takes forever to walk back to the docks. Then there's the old guys who know it all but won't share any, and all the do is drive in and sit blocking the ramp, so when anyone gets there you gotta wait for them to move before backing down. The old guys need to get some baseball bats and start bustin' knees or something.

Now I'm not always the quickest to launch or load. Generally I'm in the water and parked pretty quick. The ramp I usually use is unprotected and between tide and winds it's usually a royal pain to load up. When current is mild and I can drive on it only takes me a minute or two to get off the ramp so I can finish up in the prep area. I'm generally pretty patient, and I can understand someone having trouble if conditions are bad or whatever. None of us are born knowing how to trailer a boat, but the folks who are just plain ignorant at the ramp drive me nuts. I think I just gotta find a decent ramp nearby that isn't public but doesn't charge an arm and a leg. Got tired of paying $15/per to use a local marina's ramp so now I deal with the shenanigans.
Old     (sacwake)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-05-2009, 3:57 PM Reply   
Love it Hate! Douche cape LOL! For more douchbaggery check out www.hotchickswithdouchebags.com
Old     (humboldt9)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-05-2009, 4:15 PM Reply   
Kevin, that was awesome! I love the little comment at the end by the old dude "What and A**hole." Common sense people!
Old     (supra)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-05-2009, 4:47 PM Reply   
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FshOpPqj88&NR=1
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-05-2009, 5:25 PM Reply   
I guess I am a douche for wearing the clothing froma company that supports me that their main focus is MMA.Sweet.

SINISTERBRAND.com
www.myspace.com/sinisterbrand
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-05-2009, 8:47 PM Reply   
????
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-05-2009, 9:44 PM Reply   
This thread sure turned around huh?
Old     (cameronb)      Join Date: Jun 2009       08-05-2009, 10:20 PM Reply   
dude bro!
Old     (wake_rookie)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-06-2009, 8:15 AM Reply   
I agree most guys wearing Affliction are goobers. But I am pretty sure Affliction did not start in the fight scene. I had Affliction shirts before they became known in UFC and before they were $60. I think the first shirt was Randy C. After that everyone in UFC had Affliction. And now Affliction has fights.
Old     (sailing216)      Join Date: Oct 2007       08-06-2009, 9:44 AM Reply   
Line of trailers waiting to load and a Jet Ski trailer In the Water, calling the riders on this cell phone that he's waiting to pull them out. Over 20 minutes of him standing there in the water taking up a lane---I loaded up and wiped down the boat and was pulling out when they finally loaded. My wife wanted to go tell them how much of Azzhats they were, but I said don't waste your time it's inbred
Old     (freshtracks)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-06-2009, 3:01 PM Reply   
only thing worse than an affliction shirt is an ed hardy shirt. at least affliction supports a great sport. ed hardy supports douchebags trying too hard.