Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2008

Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-01-2008, 11:45 AM Reply   
Welcome to the 2008 New Jersey Riders thread!

2007 was a great year for the New Jersey wakeboarding family. The second annual New Jersey Wakefest
in Bordentown was amazing, and New Jersey pro shop Surf & Offshore held a grassroots wakebording
contest in Lavallette. We even had two premieres! Transgression and Push Process.

The 2007 live blog addition to wakeboardnj.com is really cool too! And EVERYONE reading this can join-in
the fun! Simply take wakeboarding pictures of you and your crew with your cell phone and then text message them
to wakeboardnj.ridersblog@blogger.com and they'll instantly post-up onto the blog! Then once you're
back home go to http://wakeboardnj.com/ridersblog.htm and check-out the pictures that you and everyone else have posted.
It's a really cool feature and, as far as we know, unique to www.wakeboardnj.com

Looking ahead, 2008 should be another great year for New Jersey wakeboarding. Be sure to frequently
check www.wakeboardnj.com www.njwakefest.com and right here to keep your finger on the pulse of everything
that's happening with the ever growing New Jersey wakeboarding scene.

See you on the water!
Old     (chrisnj)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-01-2008, 12:49 PM Reply   
woohoo, 2008!! Thank GOD i dont have to let 1217 posts and however many pics load any more, lol.
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-01-2008, 2:57 PM Reply   
ahhhh
Old     (summerryder)      Join Date: Apr 2004       01-01-2008, 4:54 PM Reply   
Is it too early to start mooching pulls?
It was an outstanding year for wakeboarding here in the Garden State. There were more on water and off water events than ever before and more faces becoming full fledged and committed "members" of the New Jersey riding scene. All of which were our goals some years ago when we all started meeting and getting to know each other in this online forum. Again, we gotta pay homage to Dave Williams for putting this all together. WakeWorld has grown the sport, industry and scene in so many ways, and Jersey is a shining example of the value of WakeWorld!

Here's to a great 2008 on tap! Here's to more people, more events and a growing place in the global world of wakeboarding.

And, selfishly, if a few more people show up with tower equipped boats, I'm always ready to ride! I plan on being another huge wake-mercenary in 2008 as well, hunting down rides where there's one to be had. But maybe it's time to pull the trigger on boat. But that means a step towards adulthood and responsibility, something I've feverishly avoided all these year!
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-01-2008, 5:07 PM Reply   
Jeff, not too early for mooching pulls! You know we have dry suits! We're the first boat on the water for the season and one of the last to close the season!
Let the count down begin!

Happy 2008 Everyone!
Old     (scilost)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-03-2008, 6:26 AM Reply   
Hi everyone-
i figured I should say hello in the New Year; based on some late night text messages and calls it appears that everyone had some pretty good New Years nights.

Doug
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-03-2008, 8:44 AM Reply   
Hi All!
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-03-2008, 11:56 AM Reply   
We missed you Doug....Happy 2008!!
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-03-2008, 5:39 PM Reply   
Hmm, am I in the right place?

Happy New Year all NJ wakeboarders!!! 2000 and ate! WOW!

Looking forward to another great year on the water.
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-04-2008, 8:05 AM Reply   
Nice to see everyone checking in on the 2008 thread! Still a few we haven't heard from. Michele, Brian, JimB, Dave, George, Woody....to name a few!
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-04-2008, 10:30 AM Reply   
Ah yes! 2008 ~ Happy New Year everyone, only a few more months till we start this whole cycle again. I'm really looking forward to this season as Ant really started to get more comfortable behind the boat towards the end of last year. Additionally I'm anxious to try out his new hardware I picked up at the end of last season.

ckeck„Ï
Old     (summerryder)      Join Date: Apr 2004       01-04-2008, 2:17 PM Reply   
Alright, I decided to hit Blue Mountain to get some of my boarding riding needs out of the way. Holy crap did it ever suck! Only half the runs were open, the upper snowboard park was closed and the lower one was completely flat. And, since I'm complaining, the wind chill dropped the temperature to -9. But I had the right gear on and I wasn't cold at all. Got to make a few turns and had some fun, but was over it in 2 hours.
I'm counting the days until one of you boat owning heroes drops in for the first time in 2008. Who wants my $20 now for a pull in April?
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       01-04-2008, 2:45 PM Reply   
Happy New Year everyone! I hope everyone had a nice time ringing in 2008! Wow, can't believe another year has come and gone. Time flies.

Not to wish away the weeks and/or months, but I too am ready for warm weather activities. JB, I'll be ready in april as well including extra ballast (X-mas gift) and hot water shower!

I'll be hitting the NYC boat show tomorrow around 2pm so if anyone else will be there give me a call.
Old     (michelelef)      Join Date: Aug 2005       01-04-2008, 5:56 PM Reply   
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!

I too am looking forward to a great season ahead. Of course getting together in the off season is always a good time, but nothing beats the summer months of relaxing, drinking, and boarding with great friends.

JB, sorry to hear about the conditions. Justin and I are dying to go (I got new snowboard jacket and pants I need to break in). This weather is just so beat. We thought with the cold week maybe we'd be good for the weekend, but then it's gonna be in the 50s...there goes that. We are thinking of a trip out west in March...anyone interested??

Also, everyone I am in search of a Roam. I really just want like an '05 or a great deal on a newer one (Size 139). If anyone comes across anything, please let me know. Thanks guys!!

Michele-checked in!!
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-04-2008, 6:28 PM Reply   
Doreen and I have hit a few boat shows over the years, and with the exception of: 1)having a conversation
about wakeboarding with Paul O'Brien without knowing it was Paul O'Brien, 2)being presented with
The Blast Master 5000, and 3)being photographed with Twiggy the waterskiing squirrel, we've never found
boat shows to be particularly interesting or fun. But you know what? Because I'm an incorrigible
wakeboard activity robot, the same involuntary drive that had me: 1)driving the boat in THICK fog to check-out
water, 2)made me sit-out pouring rain under the 295 overpass and 3)causes me to throw money down the drain
to put-on a wakefest, now has me going to this year's New York City boat show! Yep...here we go again!

Unlike the afternoon crew, however, we're probably going to get there early, be out of there by
noon or 1:00, and then bounce around The City a bit: maybe Times Square, maybe hit Nat Sherman's at 5th Avenue
& 42nd Street, maybe stroll around my old alma mater's campus at 116 & Broadway, maybe light a candle at
St. John the Divine, and we're defintely going downtown to hit-up Chinatown for lunch. But if things don't
go as (they are loosely) planned and we're still at the boat show at 2:00, we'll head-over to MasterCraft.
And of course, I'll be sending plenty of pictures to http://wakeboardnj.com/ridersblog.htm
to document the day.

http://www.nyboatshow.com/
http://www.natsherman.com/cigarUniverse.cfm?CFID=128860&CFTOKEN=11751336
http://www.columbia.edu/about_columbia/tour/
http://www.stjohndivine.org/index.html
Old     (chrisnj)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-04-2008, 11:36 PM Reply   
Michele, you'll love the roam boards, they're sick. I've been on one since probably either 04 or 05, been super happy w/ it.

Otherwise, I should be at the show tomorrow if things go as planned. NYC bars anyone?
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       01-05-2008, 11:07 AM Reply   
Happy New Year NJ! Hope everyone's year will be healthy and prosperous! 84 days and counting till that first cool water April ride...

Go PATS :-)
Old     (chrisnj)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-06-2008, 8:23 AM Reply   
Boat show was a lot of fun. Good to see everyone again. The show definitely made me want to pick up a boat though, haha. THats why I know I should avoid places and events like that :-)
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-07-2008, 8:15 AM Reply   
Hey Everyone, you can go to the blog to see some of the pics we took from the boat show.

http://wakeboardnj.com/ridersblog.htm
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       01-08-2008, 4:30 PM Reply   
Looks like Michele went riding on the river today?????? 34 degree water.......BBRRRRR!

(I saw your blog on www.wakeboardnj.com)
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       01-08-2008, 4:57 PM Reply   
NO WAY!!! Did she really go in the water today? If so she gets lunatic of the year award.

Happy New year all. I was down and out with the flu for the past week but I'm starting to feel better.This weather is seriuosly messing with my head.Thursday I'm finally going to see Ozzy Osbourne in concert with Rob Zombie, I can't wait.
See you all soon.
Old     (chrisnj)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-08-2008, 7:34 PM Reply   
that should be a sick show Jim! enjoy it... if you can understand him
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-08-2008, 8:11 PM Reply   
Kevin and I were text messaging each other yesterday about the unseasonably warm weather. One thing I
said was "Pops Lef doesn't Winterize his boat. We should give him a call and break-out the dry suits!"
Little did I know, Michele was thinking the same exact thing! Well done Michele. Well done.

Jim: I saw Ozzy on the Ultimate Sin tour back inthe 80s I think. Jake E. Lee was his guitarist back then.
Metallica was the opening band, and that's when Cliff Burton was still playing bass. Then Doreen and I saw
Ozzy and Black Sabbath when they did their reunion tour eight or nine years ago. I've never seen Rob Zombie.
I think the singer of Powerman 5000 is Rob Zombie's younger brother.

Finally, Doreen and I had a pretty good time at the NYC boat show. There were three wakeboard boat dealers
all in the same general area, and there were plenty of friends to hang-out and chat with. It was definitely
the most enjoyable boat show I have ever attended. Then the post boat show trip down to Little Italy
and Chinatown was great too. Good times.
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-08-2008, 9:17 PM Reply   
Man jersey camp is serious to go in 34 degree water.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       01-09-2008, 12:53 AM Reply   
Hey John, Happy New Year!

Def. have to meet-up with you on Blue Marsh sometime this year. I have fridays off, so maybe then or early sat mornings. Peace.
Old     (scilost)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-09-2008, 4:35 AM Reply   
Holy Cr@p michele, (with one l) that is so cool, i don't know what to say.

Doug
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-09-2008, 7:23 AM Reply   
Dave I am sure we can figure something out. I tried some 45 degree water...I still prefer that heated lake in VA its a 4 hour ride but well worth it.
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       01-09-2008, 3:50 PM Reply   
Michele

All I can say is "Hardcore'.
Old     (michelelef)      Join Date: Aug 2005       01-09-2008, 5:24 PM Reply   
I'm trying to attach pictures but WW is being stupid...
Upload
Old     (michelelef)      Join Date: Aug 2005       01-09-2008, 5:25 PM Reply   
Next, Pops lef and the Super Air Antique
Upload
Old     (michelelef)      Join Date: Aug 2005       01-09-2008, 5:27 PM Reply   
Yes, I am wearing a snowboarding jacket...
Upload
Old     (michelelef)      Join Date: Aug 2005       01-09-2008, 5:38 PM Reply   
last one, brrr 34 degree water..
Upload
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       01-09-2008, 6:16 PM Reply   
That is frickin HARDCORE to the extreme.
Old     (michelelef)      Join Date: Aug 2005       01-09-2008, 6:17 PM Reply   
Okay, well I have to put the after pic in.

Upload

Thanks guys! Definitely cold Ewing...I don't blame you (worth the drive). It really was a sudden decision. I was driving past Harold's Lake on my way home from work Monday and was just dying to ride. Then remembered the warm temps for Tuesday. Of course my dad is always ready to go. So Alex, if you and Kevin are up for it ever, the 1980 Invader is waiting...lol
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-09-2008, 7:23 PM Reply   
Not only is Michele the first one of us to wakeboard in 2008, she's also the first person to post
pictures on this thread! Michele...I have a wet suit top of yours at 60 Sylvia. You could have used it!
And it's always good to see pictures of Pops Lef and the Super Air Antique. Hey! Who came-up with those
catchy little nicknames anyway?
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-09-2008, 7:35 PM Reply   
Brrrr...I don't winterize my boat due to keeping in a heated garage. But this how we rode last Sunday 1/7...I think we were a bit warmer. I think it was around 10 and we had a little wind but were able to find some good riding none the less.

Upload
Old     (jckamp00)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-09-2008, 7:53 PM Reply   
HEY!!! JERSEY CREW!!!

its johan here in lovely baghdad! finally got to a comp after spending 4 days just tryin to get to this beautiful resort with all the sand and loud noises you could ever ask for! :-)

JB, I went boarding at jack frost and big boulder on the 5th b4 i left and it was awesome! try hittin them up?

well i dont got much time but i just wanted to say hey and ill be writin more soon!

JIM dont hurt yourself at the concert!!!!!
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       01-10-2008, 1:38 AM Reply   
Johan stay focused and alert at all times please and bring you butt back here to NJ asap.
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-10-2008, 3:40 PM Reply   
That is great Michele! You and Pops are defiantly hardcore… 34° is cc- c- cold.

Get home safe Johan!
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       01-11-2008, 4:32 PM Reply   
Hey Johan,
Glad you are able to get on the net for a change of pace. I saw on the news today it snowed in Baghdad. So maybe you brought the weather with you!!

George
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       01-11-2008, 5:17 PM Reply   
Here is video someone else shot at last nights concert.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=E2X7jf_otNQ Zombies opening song
http://youtube.com/watch?v=PWvRVtbSFiw
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Eu5VMg6xc7Y
http://youtube.com/watch?v=0_CVxNlvVfA

Ozzy's opening song
http://youtube.com/watch?v=KFeilay1ipc
Old     (chrisnj)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-11-2008, 6:01 PM Reply   
nice jim! looks like it was a killer show.

hah, george, I was thinkin the same thing @ the snow. crazy. Glad to see you made it over there alright though bro... keep us posted on whats happenin
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-11-2008, 8:02 PM Reply   
Cool clips Jim. Ozzy's current guitarist, Zakk Wylde, has his own band going called Black Label Society.
BLS gets a lot of blast time out of the Blast Master 5000 every summer.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=MhfotGKxA9A

Hey Yohan, when you get back can I borrow you and a military cargo transport vehicle or two to haul gear
around for wakefest?
Old     (prostar87)      Join Date: Nov 2005       01-12-2008, 12:14 AM Reply   
hey guys this summer im gonna have a slider behind my dock on the delaware anyones welcome to come session it with me
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       01-12-2008, 1:33 AM Reply   
Alex, I love BLS. I always felt their song "in this river" would make a great song for a wake video. Also check out songs from the opening band that night called IN THIS MOMENT. Heavy rock band with a chic lead singer. Pretty good.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-12-2008, 4:27 AM Reply   
Gerald: A slider sounds like fun. I'm there! Maybe post some pictures here as it's being built.
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       01-12-2008, 6:18 AM Reply   
Michele, you must have Heavy Brass one's...

Johan, keep it safe!
Old     (chrisnj)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-13-2008, 7:45 AM Reply   
not river friendly... but 5-7"s of white stuff is going to drop. Anyone goin snowboarding? I gotta try to hit some place, just not sure where.
Old     (chrisnj)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-14-2008, 2:50 PM Reply   
Good thing nobody was counting on me for a weather forcast, lol. That sucked.

Other news which might be of some interest to you guys, I just started carrying 303 products, so if anyone needs anything for their boats, lemme know :-) You know you'll get a good hook up
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       01-14-2008, 4:28 PM Reply   
Chris, I need some 303 for my seats. Save me a refill bottle in the spring.

How about tire shine....what do you recommend?
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-14-2008, 6:55 PM Reply   
I used 303 for tire shine also not too greasy and doesn't fly all over the place when you start moving. I also don't wash the tire part every time I just wash the rims. The tires are not show car glossy but they look good longer.
Old     (chrisnj)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-14-2008, 9:02 PM Reply   
You got it Dave! And you can definitely use it on the tires as well like John said.....or, try some bold n bright. That has a really nice (matte) finish, I like it a lot. The 303 is just a little more expensive by a couple dollars. 16 or 32oz sizes are available in both. We'll talk as it gets closer though :-)
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-15-2008, 6:57 AM Reply   
Hey all,
I have not posted in a while...so here goes!

New Years... WOW what a blast. Karen and I were in Key West, FL. Flew into Ft Laud then drove down the Keys, stayed a few days, rented some scooters and did the tourist thing. Was a great time. I did my best to post on the blog...but it was debauchery at it's best. We stayed with a few friends some of who you may know. My friend Matt from Avalon, he owns the orange Supra 24SSV. Heres a link to our smugmug page with the photos. http://karenandkevin.smugmug.com/gallery/4103654#239258182

Johan, Be safe man! You make us proud and I look forward to seeing you on the river soon!

Looks like we avoided a big snowstorm....awesome. There is less to melt now as we get closer to spring.

Chris N, we should talk...I need to replenish some cleaning supplies. I have been tidy-ing my shop and realized how low I am on some products.

For those that don't know...our friend Doug is going to be taking a hiatus from NJ and moving to the land down under for a few months. He got a work opportunity to go to Australia for 6 months and work with a group of guys from his company. Once in a lifetime opportunity if you ask me and I wish Doug the best of luck.

don't forget about the ridersblog on WakeboardNJ.com. Simply send a text or pix message to: wakeboardnj.ridersblog@blogger.com. Let us know what your doing in relation to wakeboarding or just in general. Then navigate to http://wakeboardnj.com/ridersblog.htm to check it out!

KG
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       01-15-2008, 11:35 AM Reply   
Wow, nice pictures Kevin.
Doug have fun,see soon.
Old     (prostar87)      Join Date: Nov 2005       01-16-2008, 12:39 AM Reply   
yeah il post pictures up when im building it i already have one but not long enough im gonna make this slider like 20 feet long
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       01-16-2008, 12:13 PM Reply   
Gerald, build it and they will come. I see pain in my summer forecast.
Old     (chrisnj)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-17-2008, 5:38 PM Reply   
Gerald, thats gonna be sick dude. If you need any help, let me know. If i'm free, I can take a ride down and help construct a little.

KG, you got it man. Gimme a call or shoot me an email and we'll talk it over.

Jim... no pain... no gain
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-17-2008, 8:33 PM Reply   
I'm employed by a wholesale distributor of pick-up truck, van and SUV after-market accessories. We sell
primarily bolt-on accessories; not hard parts or fluids. Nevertheless, reps from 303 came in a few years
back wanting us to distribute their product, they left a TON of sample stuff behind and I've been using
that stuff ever since! However, that well has just about dried-up. So Chris, I'm in for some aerospace
protectant and some high tech fabric guard. Sound good?

Pops Lef once told me why I shouldn't use any type of tire dressing on my trailer's tires, but I don't
remember the reasons he cited. You reading this Jeff?

If we're going to be sessioning Gerald's slider, a wave runner would SO be the way to go. I'd keep my eye
open for one, but I can't tow both the Super Air AND a wave runner!

Gerald: Are you planning a stationary slider or a floating towable one that you could bring to wakefest? (hint hint)
Jim had some crazy slider plans a couple of years ago. Maybe you should pick his brain. And I know the
guys at Lines End Wakeboard school built a slider on an old boat trailer using wood, PVC and 55 gallon
drums. They could tow it any where, drop it in the water and use it anywhere. They were going to bring it
wakefest last year, but Winter storms tore it apart and it wasn't rebuilt in time.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       01-18-2008, 5:51 PM Reply   
Gerald I could still get my hands on 55 gallon plastic drums if you need them.
Old     (lazypiper)      Join Date: Jan 2008       01-22-2008, 3:41 PM Reply   
Hey everyone. I'm new on the forum. Don't worry I'll only come to Bordentown once a year for wakefest. It's like a three hour pull from Long Island to get there. I hear your crowded enough on the weekends anyway. I see Jim needs some drums. I can get the 55 gallon plastic drums. The blue ones. I sometimes come across the 30 gallon ones also. If you are willing to drive into NYC for them their yours. If you can wait till wakefest I'll throw a couple in the boat if you want.

(Message edited by lazypiper on January 22, 2008)
Old     (summerryder)      Join Date: Apr 2004       01-23-2008, 9:45 AM Reply   
I love the Wakefest buzz already!~

Michelle, I am envious of your already getting a pull under your belt in 2008. Now everyone's gonna have to play catch-up.

And Johan, do you know what day you're getting back from Iraq? I'd say that's reason for a party right there in itself.

At to our football fans out there, I guess Jeff Z from the greater Boston area is going head-to-head with both Alex and Woody, our resident Giants fans. Kevin, where do you sit on this topic?

And as an Eagles fan, I can't stand either team!
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-23-2008, 10:12 AM Reply   
Welcome Kevin McGhean!

JB,
Normally I'd say something like, Go Cowboys to show-off my knowledge of the sport. LOL

Giants/Patriots...Gotta Go Giants!
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       01-23-2008, 11:19 AM Reply   
Chris and I are thinking of a snowboard day trip this Monday if anyone wants to get in on some boarding with us. We are still figuring out where yet.

I also hate the Giants and the Pats.
Old     (jckamp00)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-23-2008, 11:45 AM Reply   
Hey just droppin in sayin hi to everyone again!

Jim im down to go ya right i wish!

JB its suppossed to be may 11, but we'll see how that goes! but there sayin we shouldnt be held over to long then suppossed to. but i cant wait to get back! cause the season should be on by then!

aight well everyone take care of themselves

oh ya i cant wait to hit that slider if it gets built!!!!
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       01-23-2008, 3:54 PM Reply   
Giants and Pats! :-(

Welcome Kevin McGhean! (do I know you?) :-)

Johan, good to hear from you again! Go bag some big game over there so all the troops can come home!

Jim, you have mail!

And some info for anyone who still needs their NJ boaters safety certification............at the AC boat show you can take the test-out option for only $25! Time to get certified everybody! Go to www.acboatshow.com
Old     (lazypiper)      Join Date: Jan 2008       01-24-2008, 6:11 AM Reply   
Hey Dave can I get a NJ boaters safety certification online. I'm going to get my Virginia boating certificate online before Brostock. It's only $20 bucks to take the test online. http://www.boat-ed.com/va/index.htm
Is my Power Squadrons safety good on the Delaware? I don't know if thats USCG or a Fish and Wildlife in that area. I like to have the right stuff. I can never seem to talk my way out of a ticket.
Dave shhh You never talk about Fight Club
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       01-24-2008, 3:24 PM Reply   
Kevin, in NJ you just need a boaters safety certificate from your home state. You have to be a NJ resident to take the NJ test, which has to be done in person not online.
Just to clarify to everyone, you need to be born before 1979 to take the test-out option. Younger boat operators have to take the safety course.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       01-24-2008, 4:09 PM Reply   
OK it looks like Dave,Chris and I will be snowboarding at Blue Mountain on Monday from 9am til when ever we can't stand up anymore. Anyone else wanna meet us there?
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-24-2008, 5:15 PM Reply   
JB did you say Wakefest??!! I love that word :-)

Johan, I hope you're hanging in thier honey, May will be here before you know it!

Hello Kevin M. welcome to the NJ thread.

Jim, I envy your working hours sometimes...I would love to go snowboarding on a Monday!

Go Giants!

(Message edited by njladydriver on January 24, 2008)
Old     (chrisnj)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-24-2008, 7:46 PM Reply   
Doreen... believe me... you do NOT want to envy these hours. Just ask either one of us after a 12 hour midnight shift, lol.

Johan, good hearin from ya bro. keep checkin in dude!
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       01-25-2008, 7:02 AM Reply   
Doreen, I wish you guys could come with us. But my schedule isn't as great as it may seem to the naked eye. Here is my normal schedule if I don't work any OT. It's a 28 day cycle.
Fri,Sat,Sun,Mon nights 5:45pm to 6:15 am
Off Tues,Wed,Thurs.
Fri,Sat,Sun days 5:45am to 6:15pm
Off Monday
Tues,Wed,Thurs Nights 5:45pm to 6:15am
Off Fri,Sat,Sun
Mon,Tues,Wed,Thurs day 5:45am to 6:15pm
Then we come to today which is the part of my 28 day cycle that reminds me why I switch back and fourth from day to night with only 23 hours off to rest. Today starts my 7 days off before my cycle resets and starts all over again.These days off are nice but try having some type of normal eating or sleeping patteren while working this type of schedule is out of the question. My days run together like a big blurr and even when I'm off i have major sleeping problems and just feel tired all the time. I miss alot of sports and school things with my kids. Last year my cycle feel on alot of holidays that I had to work. I worked xmas eve and xmas day, Thanksgiving,labor day,4th of July,Easter Sunday and Valentines day.So my days off look good but my schedule is very tuff.But no one said life was easy.Enough about my crappy schedule,lets all go snowboarding.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       01-25-2008, 9:55 AM Reply   
Jim, eat while you drive and sleep when you die! :-)

J/K ;)

I feel for you, that is a tough schedule that is impossible to get use to I bet.
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-25-2008, 6:42 PM Reply   
Yikes, what did I say!!?? :-(
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       01-25-2008, 6:58 PM Reply   
Doreen,no you didn't say anything wrong. I was just showing that my days off are great but it comes at a price. I wasn't trying to make you feel as if you said anything wrong. Just give you a peek at what my schedule was as opposed to what it looked like.I'm sorry if I made you feel like you said something wrong. That was not my intention.
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-25-2008, 7:31 PM Reply   
Jim, no worries, it's all good....I knew what you meant. That type of schedule IS grueling though.
Hit the half pipe for me on Monday! :-)
Old     (prostar87)      Join Date: Nov 2005       01-25-2008, 11:55 PM Reply   
i got plenty of drums im still debating if i want it to be one long flat slider to ollie on or something u can ride up on but i already have a rail so i might make this one to ride up on marine police will hate me this summer
Old     (prostar87)      Join Date: Nov 2005       01-25-2008, 11:58 PM Reply   
jim il be up at blue mountain snow boarding on monday to if the weather is going to be ok
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       01-26-2008, 6:48 AM Reply   
Gerald you got mail.
Old     (holiday13)      Join Date: Mar 2006       01-28-2008, 12:18 PM Reply   
Hey guys, I have been out of the loop for a while but wanted to see if anyone was going to the AC Boat show. The wife and I are going to be working the Allstate booth in the afternoon on Friday but are going to be walking around (dreaming) in the morning. Wanted to see if anyone else was making the trip. Hope to see some one there!

Any one have a suggestion for taking little kids on a chair lift? I am taking the daughter to VT this weekend to teach her to ski, I am hoping 2 and a half is not too young, we shall find out. She is stoked about it which is cool, hopefully she doesn't mind the cold and the chair lift (mommy is already terrified of her baby getting on the lift!). Any suggestions?
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       01-28-2008, 5:32 PM Reply   
Hey Gavin, I was at Blue today with Chris and Jim. Saw a few little tykes skiing, mostly 5 and older though. No problem for them on the chair lift, parents were holding on real tight!

Stick to the bunny hill and lift, those chairs usually aren't as high and scary for kids. And hold on to her!

Two ways for coming down the hill. Either put her in front of you between your legs (no poles for her) or I've seen some use a harness around the child and you hold her up with a nylon strap coming off the back of the harness (you're skiing behind the whole time.)

Keep it fun, she'll love it!