Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 07, 2003

Old    jclorfeine            09-09-2003, 1:37 PM Reply   
Any comments on this place?
http://azwww.az.blm.gov/yfo/squaw.html
Someone recommended it to me. My friends and I like going to Parker because we can camp right on the river, keep our boats in the water right by our campsite, and our dogs are happy there, but it's a prett long drive. Can anyone describe the Squaw Lake campsite to me? Thanks a lot,
Jared
Old     (wakepaula)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-09-2003, 5:33 PM Reply   
We've never gone during the summer but the times we have gone(the spring and the fall) it wasn't bad. There are spots close to the water if you're tent camping and you can keep your boat in the water. Otherwise if you have a motorhome like us, you have to park on the pavement where you can't really keep a good eye on your boat. So, you have to launch your boat and load your boat every day AND they make you park your trailer in a designated area-You can't park trailers in the "camping" area. Other than that, we've never had a problem even though we don't really like the idea of parking our boat across the way in a different area.

All of Squaw Lake is a 5mph zone ao you can't wakeboard in there, but up the River, all the way up to Fisher's is good water. Just be familiar with those sand bars and you're set;)
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       09-09-2003, 7:27 PM Reply   
Jared, you can also camp up at Fisher's Landing. Just a big empty lot but you can park your boat right next to you, all for only $3 per person per day. The launch is right there and you can find good water just up the river in Ferguson Lake. It's much closer than Parker, usually about 3 1/2 hrs total.

If you'ver never been on that section of the river, be very careful and scout out the sand bars or go with someone that knows the river. The water level can vary up to a foot (maybe more) a day, so sand bars can pop up over night.
Old     (wakeripper)      Join Date: Oct 2002       09-10-2003, 9:59 AM Reply   
Yes Bill is correct you can get good water at Ferguson, but as he says be very careful about the sandbars. I also want to add that when you enter Ferguson stay to the right because there are some underwater trees to the left and we bent a prop there last year, you should also continue to stay to the right until you you pass the rock in the center with the buoy and then you are good to go.

Bill are you planning on going to Martinez again this year? I think that we are going to go the weekend of the 26-28. Let me know if you are interested.
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       09-10-2003, 11:36 AM Reply   
Randy, that weekend might work for me and I really want to get out to the river.
Old     (wakeripper)      Join Date: Oct 2002       09-10-2003, 12:35 PM Reply   
I am going to try and finalize the plans by Friday. I will get back with you about the plans. We may have a place to stay that sleeps like 24 and all the guy that owns the house wants is some pulls behind a "wakeboard" boat.

On a side note i did finally get a new board a '02 LF Subjekt 137 but that will become my girlfriends here in a month or so when i get my Balance.
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       09-10-2003, 12:53 PM Reply   
cool. I want to shoot some video cuz I should have a new waterproof housing to test. I'd like to try shooting from a tube as well as riding doubles.

Let me know what you figure out and I'll put it on my calendar.
Old     (wakepaula)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-10-2003, 2:02 PM Reply   
Did she ever get her bindings Randy?
Old     (wakeripper)      Join Date: Oct 2002       09-11-2003, 12:10 AM Reply   
Bill that sounds great. How are you for the weekend before we may end up going earlier? I also have a new tube inflater courtesy of Wakesports Event #2 that would work well for the tube camering. What about Todd, Ronny and the rest of the DZ crew? I bet we could coax them out too.

Paula, we went down to Wakesports on Sunday and she really likes the 04 Hyperlite Eras. I will probably be picking those up next week.
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       09-11-2003, 1:04 AM Reply   
The weekend before is boardstock and I was planning to go - but I don't have anything confirmed yet. How about a long weekend? Can you get a day off work and maybe stay out until Monday? Guaranteed glass (assuming the wind doesn't come up) this time of year during the week, and even on Sunday afternoon.
Old     (kaben)      Join Date: Apr 2001 Location: Sacramento, CA       09-11-2003, 7:39 AM Reply   
Me and my girlfriend might be heading down to Martinez on Oct 11th. Anyone still going to be riding?