Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (SkySki)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-15-2013, 6:22 AM Reply   
Started putting the new Fresh Air Exhaust. Still needs some adjustment. Not quite finished. Put everything on and I think I need a little longer exhaust hose. FAE is sending it out today. Here are some pictures of how far I have gotten.

I got lucky and was able to use a couple of screws from my swim platform to hold the bar. Once I get the new hose I will be able to cut and mount the two poles.
Attached Images

Old     (22vdrive)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-15-2013, 6:40 AM Reply   
How did the wave look with it on? I've been dying to get one on my f21. I have the same 4" single exhaust pipe.
Old     (monkey_butt)      Join Date: Sep 2011 Location: Twin Cities       04-15-2013, 6:51 AM Reply   
you still have the fun job ahead of you drilling the holes for the screw/bolt thru the stainless steel pipe ... I hated that one - especially as I cut the pipe in the first round too long and had to do it twice ...
Old     (SkySki)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-15-2013, 7:47 AM Reply   
I haven't tested the wake yet. Need the hose first.

I have a pretty good drill press for the holes and hopefully my band saw will make the cut decent on the poles. If I didn't have those two pieces, I would be dreading the job.
Old     (CarZin)      Join Date: Feb 2011       04-15-2013, 7:58 AM Reply   
What are the advantages of using a Fresh Air Exhaust on an engine that is already CAT'd and has ultra low emissions, like the 343? Were you trying to reduce the noise?
Old     (22vdrive)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-15-2013, 8:02 AM Reply   
Reducing noise and annoying vapor fumes out out of sight. This is my next upgrade
Old     (SkySki)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-15-2013, 8:09 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarZin View Post
What are the advantages of using a Fresh Air Exhaust on an engine that is already CAT'd and has ultra low emissions, like the 343? Were you trying to reduce the noise?
Both reducing the noise (#1 reason) and also getting rid of vapors (#2 - when it was cold this winter, you could see the vapors rolling back into the boat - made my hypochondriac wife say she started feeling ill. She never had a problem before, only once she could see it).
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-15-2013, 11:06 AM Reply   
you will love it, it should not affect your wave at all, (at least mine doesn't)
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-15-2013, 9:18 PM Reply   
wow! I Had No Idea yours only Needed A Couple T bolt Hose Clamps, Mine Looks Like Its Breathing BY Hose Clamps!

Also The choke hold Capability Of Using T Bolt Hose Clamps Instead Of What They send With The Kit

T bolt Choke Hold

Regular hose Clamps Choke Hold
Old     (SkySki)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-16-2013, 5:41 AM Reply   
That is a great shot DC. Breathing by hose clamps