Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (repo)      Join Date: Feb 2010       11-27-2010, 6:11 PM Reply   
I've measured up the locker & it looks like a good fit with the original hard tank removed. 24 x 24 x 50 bag. Does anyone here have this bag in their Sanger? I just want to plumb it in to the stock pumps Yes/No. I'm finding the 2 x 550 + the stock hard tank a PIA. Just want a switch and go system.
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       11-27-2010, 9:00 PM Reply   
There was a thread about this awhile ago I think. Seemed to me that you could only get about 900 pounds in there.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-27-2010, 10:08 PM Reply   
I think the V215 pumps are set up do make this change easily. There was a video of Scott Pellaton showing how to do this.
Old     (repo)      Join Date: Feb 2010       11-28-2010, 11:47 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by rallyart View Post
I think the V215 pumps are set up do make this change easily. There was a video of Scott Pellaton showing how to do this.
Where can I find this video ?
Old     (mdaijogo)      Join Date: Mar 2010       12-03-2010, 9:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by repo View Post
Where can I find this video ?
On their website....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOYeB6YSiC4

http://www.sangerboats.com/factory-tour-17-options.html

m-
Old     (repo)      Join Date: Feb 2010       12-17-2010, 5:24 PM Reply   
Got the job done this morning. Just over an hour & a half to remove the hard tank & replumb the 1100# sac in. Got a nice wave happening now.
Attached Images

Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       12-17-2010, 5:59 PM Reply   
Nice. I will be doing this soon.
Old     (repo)      Join Date: Feb 2010       12-17-2010, 10:22 PM Reply   
Pic of it full. I've had to put ball valves on everything to stop it siphoning out. I put the valve on the drain line up behind the back seat so I can get at it when the Sac is full. Fits in perfectly. I also used the back partition board to cover the tow eye bolts. Just turned it upright & stood it in front of the 2 bolts. I also know where it is instead of it dissapearing into my garage somewhere.
Attached Images

Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       12-19-2010, 8:29 AM Reply   
nice clean install something to consider though is there have been many ballast threads on centurioncrew.com mine included with many trying to build the ultimate,fastest, automated system.The one thing everyone agrees on is ball valves should not be used does not matter the make of the boat.Instead check valves on all fill vent and overboard lines and run the vent and overboards to the oposite sides of the boat this will lock the water in the sack be completely automated and prevent any accidental damage to the boat or sacks I have had my boat set up like this for over a year and it works flawlessly just something to think about
Old     (taft)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-19-2010, 12:34 PM Reply   
Harold, what do you mean by the "overheads"?

I plumbed in some custom sacks last summer, but I think I will have to adjust the install for this summer. I want to try running the vent lines, like you said, across the boat.
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       12-19-2010, 2:10 PM Reply   
I think you mean overboards they are the fittings installed by the factory on the side of the boat where the water is pumped out.The design is similar whether using reversible pumps or cartridge pumps the only difference is where you place the check valve's with cartridge pumps you place the check between the pump and the sack on the fill line. then place a check on the vent and discharge line then run them to the opposite side of the boat so port ballast vents and discharges on the starboard side and starboard ballast vents and discharges on the port side this way when you have your lean on discharge and vent are higher than the sack and locks the water in the bag hope this makes sence..................H
Old     (petrey10)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-20-2010, 11:15 AM Reply   
man you can fit a lot of weight in there... any pics of the wave? How long does it take you to fill up?
Old     (no_really)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-05-2011, 9:00 PM Reply   
Could you please post some pictures of the waves? Im thinking about going this route as well.

TIA
Old     (repo)      Join Date: Feb 2010       01-06-2011, 9:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by petrey10 View Post
man you can fit a lot of weight in there... any pics of the wave? How long does it take you to fill up?
Takes under 10 min to fill but I have also plumbed up my starboard pump to fill using my vent conection point on the sac. I keep an eye on it while it fills when it gets to about 3/4 full I switch off the starboard pump. Disconect the starboard pump line & hook up the vent line to the sac while the port pump continues to fill.

no_really Could you please post some pictures of the waves? Im thinking about going this route as well.

If it ever stops raining here I'll post a couple of pics.
Old     (no_really)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-07-2011, 5:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by repo View Post
Takes under 10 min to fill but I have also plumbed up my starboard pump to fill using my vent conection point on the sac. I keep an eye on it while it fills when it gets to about 3/4 full I switch off the starboard pump. Disconect the starboard pump line & hook up the vent line to the sac while the port pump continues to fill.

no_really Could you please post some pictures of the waves? Im thinking about going this route as well.

If it ever stops raining here I'll post a couple of pics.
Right on thanks!
Old     (repo)      Join Date: Feb 2010       01-24-2011, 11:18 PM Reply   
Pics as promised. This is just front full, 1100# sac full as we can get it & me sitting on the side. New wakemakers tube sac due this week for the ski locker should finish it off.

http://www.youtube.com/user/cooperelgar2
Old     (spencerwm)      Join Date: Feb 2009       01-25-2011, 4:58 PM Reply   
Nice work Ian. Your wake is going to be amazing. I agree that the use of valves in the system can potentially cause damage.

Moomba, Supra, and Centurion owners have been moving the vent hoses to the other side for a while and it seems to do the trick. Although when wakeboarding the boat will not be tipped to one side and the fix doesn't work as well. In that case we would suggest running a long run of hose up the side of the boat as far as you can. By putting a couple loops in-line the amount of force needed to push water out of the vent is acceptable.
Old     (repo)      Join Date: Feb 2010       01-25-2011, 10:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencerwm View Post
Nice work Ian. Your wake is going to be amazing. I agree that the use of valves in the system can potentially cause damage.

Moomba, Supra, and Centurion owners have been moving the vent hoses to the other side for a while and it seems to do the trick. Although when wakeboarding the boat will not be tipped to one side and the fix doesn't work as well. In that case we would suggest running a long run of hose up the side of the boat as far as you can. By putting a couple loops in-line the amount of force needed to push water out of the vent is acceptable.
I agree the valves do have the potential to damage the pumps. Fortunately I live on a canal & it takes us 5 mins to idle out to where we surf. This is near perfect to fill the sacs I let one of the kids or my wife drive while we chug out & I keep an eye on the fill rate. Once the vent line is swapped over we are all good to go. No one else every uses my boat so I'm fairly confident we will stay on top of it. I did look at going the 12v solenoid route that activated in the open or closed position dependant on power on or off. These have a tendancy to fail so I steered away & stuck with the ball valves. I May still go the solenoid route with the solenoids all hooked up with the Fly high quick connects so if one goes bad I can just pull it out of the line to fill or drain. Might be a winter project if we ever get one.
Old     (no_really)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-26-2011, 6:31 PM Reply   
Thank you
Old     (repo)      Join Date: Feb 2010       02-06-2011, 3:01 PM Reply   
Got the tube sac installed a week ago & tried it out this weekend. Wave is working really well.
Set up is Front 500 full, tube sac under port seats about 250, rear locker 1100 sac as full as we can get it about 8-900#.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Snakeskinshoes1

Nice long surfable wave.
Old     (no_really)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-06-2011, 8:03 PM Reply   
Looking great and thank you for posting!
Old     (no_really)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-07-2011, 7:36 PM Reply   
Im getting close to doing this but... I need a minimum of 900# out of the sac to make it worth it. Right now I have 800# in lead along with the hard tank full for another 250# totaling 1050# in the locker while surfing. I suppose I will spread the lead around the boat to dial it in afterwards.