Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (willy2373)      Join Date: Mar 2012       05-17-2012, 11:06 AM Reply   
What is everyone's opinion on the bungee rope for tubing? Does it put added stress on the boat? How is it's performance?
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            05-17-2012, 11:14 AM Reply   
People still tube?
Old     (willy2373)      Join Date: Mar 2012       05-17-2012, 11:24 AM Reply   
We still have little ones that still like to ride the tube.
Old     (SkySki)      Join Date: Feb 2010       05-17-2012, 11:48 AM Reply   
Do you have a link? Not sure I know what this product is. Thx.
Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-17-2012, 1:23 PM Reply   
Although I haven't used one in 10 years....the bungee rope is the best thing to ever happen to tubing. From a full stop you throttle the boat up and it literally launches the tube in the air and you can whip the holy crap out of people. We got stupid dangerous with it but it was a lot of fun as long as you weren't on the tube.
Old     (willy2373)      Join Date: Mar 2012       05-17-2012, 2:18 PM Reply   
Here is a link for it.
http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs...classNum=51116

Thats funny. I guess it's great for teenagers and adults not little ones. Mine are 5 and 9 so i guess i'll just use the standard tow rope for now.

Last edited by willy2373; 05-17-2012 at 2:21 PM.
Old     (johndk)      Join Date: Aug 2008       05-18-2012, 4:21 PM Reply   
I "get" to sometimes pull young relatives on a tube, and I think the bungee rope works well. It seems like less stress on the boat and rider since it acts like a shock absorber. It probably should be a bit longer, but it's okay. Though I don't think I ever used a non-bungee rope for that on my boat, so I'm not sure how much different it is.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       05-18-2012, 4:27 PM Reply   
if you are driving like a retard (and that's sorta the point of pulling a tube isnt it?) the bungee rope will develop a lot of slack after you whip your tubers across the wake. You have to pay attention so you don't break necks with the resulting whiplash.
Old     (tx_foilhead)      Join Date: Apr 2009       05-19-2012, 5:22 AM Reply   
Those are great fun for the driver once you learn how get the set up correct to inflict the appropriate damage on your victims. We had one 15 years ago and with the proper set up where the bungee recoils into a double up you can have some epic carnage. Great for high school and college age kids. These days we stay away from the lake when that sort of thing is appropriate and teach the younger ones to do thing that actually require some skill so they don't ask to tube since those aren't allowed on my boat ever.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            05-19-2012, 5:42 AM Reply   
Id still like to get my hands on that manta ray tube that was banned. Without spending $500+ on a tube just to try it
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-24-2012, 6:32 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by LR3w8kbrdr View Post
Id still like to get my hands on that manta ray tube that was banned. Without spending $500+ on a tube just to try it
A buddy of mine has (or had, not 100% sure) a WEGO. If you are interested lemme know and I will see if he still has it. If he does I am sure he will want to get rid of it as we used a handful of times and it never really worked right as none of us were brave enough to go over 20 mph which is when it really started to fly.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-23-2012, 2:19 PM Reply   
I would think just the opposite, it is more stress on the boat....May not feel like it but it is...