Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 29, 2010

Old     (outboardin)      Join Date: Apr 2004       12-18-2009, 9:31 AM Reply   
I just tried a tramp to learn some better air awareness last night...I know Im slow. I have been learning all of my inverts on the water, but want to move to whirlys and some bigger stuff without all the hard falls.
-I keep seeing stuff about the guru boards, however they seem to have gone out of business.
-There is also a voda out but I havent heard anything about it
-last there is the original trampboard -but it seems like its not the same feel as the wakeboards and I heard the stance is a little narrow

Please help...
Old    shooter_08            12-18-2009, 9:40 AM Reply   
Why dont you just save some money and make one or find a old trashed board and bindings.
Old     (devildog_ra)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-18-2009, 9:56 AM Reply   
i have a guru and almost never use it. i jump on the trampoline a lot and it has improved my muscle memory on tricks, my air awareness, and confidence. Without the board i can do(hs backroll, hs front roll, tantrum, scarecrow, ts front roll,....But when i put the guru on i dont get enough pop. I have a circular tramp, and im 6'2 215 lbs. I can use it for grabs and spins but not air tricks. To me it would not be worth purchasing.
although i have not used a Voda board i have checked one out at OWC and it looked and felt the same as my Guru board.
-if you are much smaller than me (which you probably are) and or have a better/tighter trampoline then i think it is a great SAFE way to practice tricks on a tramp

p.s. if anyone has any ideas of how i can tighten my tramp i.e. by adding more springs or what not i would love to be able to use my guru to progress.
thanks
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       12-18-2009, 10:27 AM Reply   
voda's are cool. very helpful. i learned most of my inverts the old fashion way, behind the boat. About 4 years ago I got a tramp and really think it help spinning more than flipping. I think it really help you learn how to pull yourself off axis and what not. With a Voda you get the real feeling of the spin because your legs are aprat and attached its a lot more real. I mean I can spin a 1260 without a board on my feet no problem, with a board totally different story.

All that said, i made my tramp board out of an old set up, I just rounded off the edges then wrapped the board in high density foam.
Old     (petew)      Join Date: Dec 2008       12-18-2009, 10:29 AM Reply   
stick some trainers to a skate deck (with no trucks or wheels) as wide as thell go. its about the same width as a standard wake stance. and it doesnt affect your bounce.
Old     (outboardin)      Join Date: Apr 2004       12-18-2009, 12:20 PM Reply   
Thanks for the feedback so far...

I heard that using an old board can make some of the falls ackward and dangerous, since it is stiff and has no flex.

Also, I was told you dont get nearly the bounce due to the lack of flex.
again, thats just what I heard.

Ryan, Im only 5'6 160. so Im not sure if that makes a difference.
There is a gymnastics gym right near my house and they have the huge tramps and they are awesome. - ridiculous height

anybody try both the voda and the "original trampboard" feedback....

Thanks guys...
Old     (outboardin)      Join Date: Apr 2004       12-18-2009, 12:24 PM Reply   

I heard that using an old board can make some of the falls ackward and dangerous, since it is stiff and has no flex.

There is a gymnastics gym right near my house and they have the huge tramps and they are awesome. - ridiculous height

Thanks guys...
Old     (outboardin)      Join Date: Apr 2004       12-18-2009, 12:24 PM Reply   

Thanks guys...
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       12-18-2009, 12:34 PM Reply   
If you are right near a gym... that is probably the way to go.
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-18-2009, 12:34 PM Reply   
+1 on the request to tighten my tramp mat for more bounce. Mine is a 15 foot circular and it bounces okay... but I'd like to get a little more pop out of it.
As for the tramp boards, I use an old skate deck. It does the job pretty well.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-18-2009, 1:22 PM Reply   
they are fun if you have a really bouncy trampoline, otherwise prepare for back pain
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-18-2009, 3:44 PM Reply   
just get use a gripped skateboard deck. sooo much fun. great work out too
Old     (hyperlite4life)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-18-2009, 4:26 PM Reply   
Best trampboard Integrity TNT
Old    wakejjboard12            12-18-2009, 9:26 PM Reply   
I duct taped tennis shoes to one of these:

Upload

$15 @ Walmart.
Old     (perfski)      Join Date: Sep 2004       12-18-2009, 9:28 PM Reply   
Heres some info on it...might be helpful.
Explain design / concepts etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7yNIHoDoUI

Also we do have them to ship right now.
Bill @ perfski.com

http://www.perfski.com/cart.cfm?cart_action=item_info&category_guid=C019D C6B-AA28-4C5E-82F0-AE29C10B271F&item_guid=1A2469CA-FFB2-22AF-2606-6A01E8727395&CFID=17279877&CFTOKEN=71bac5fd74ac3bb 7-99C618ED-FFB2-22AF-266AF5D0388941CB
Old     (supernatural)      Join Date: Jan 2008       12-19-2009, 1:00 PM Reply   
I believe that the people behind Voda are some of the same people that used to make the Guru boards. I hear that they are much safer than the other options because they are so flexible, so no awkward landings. Does anyone know of anyplace to try one before you buy?
Old     (irishrider92)      Join Date: Jun 2009       12-19-2009, 3:20 PM Reply   
To those guys looking to get better pop off a circle trampoline, try putting your springs with 2 in every second ring of the mat and 1 for each hole on the outer bar eg: Outer bar 1,1,1,1.... Mat:2,0,2,0,2,0.
It should look like \/ if you're standing on the mat looking at the springs, if you kinda get what i mean. Its pretty hard to explain....

This will wear out your springs slightly faster but not that noticeably and I've had the same set on my tramp for a couple years now and despite the springs being a little stretched I still a good bounce from it.
Old    supraguy            12-19-2009, 4:32 PM Reply   
MORE POP ON YOUR TRAMP.. WELL IF YOU HAVE A TRAMP WITH SPRINGS CROSS THEM AND WILL MAKE A BIG DIFF..... ONLY WAY TO GO. I USE AN OLD SKATE BOARD DECK IF I WANT TO WORK IN GRABS . jUST TAPE SOME OLD SHOES ON IT AND YOUR SET. IT CAN BE A LITTLE SLIPPERY BUT JUST COVER TO BOTTOM WITH A LITTLE DUCK TAPE AND YOUR SET....
Old     (devildog_ra)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-19-2009, 10:56 PM Reply   
So Vs or Xs? i think im gonna try the Vs thanks deegan, and howard.
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-20-2009, 12:13 AM Reply   
Yeah, thanks guys. I'll try V's and X's too... see what works best.