Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 08, 2008

Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       05-04-2008, 9:00 AM Reply   
Had a great time at the sound off on Friday. Turnout was pretty strong considering it was a "work day". This was my first year at the event but the first year I actually entered my boat. I was pretty happy with the results my "functional" boat posted (stock charging system, no loss of storage).

The single Wetsounds XS12 powered by a 4 year old HiFonics BX1500D in a sealed box posted a 141db reading.

The tower test is still not a really working. After plugging my rear subs back in, I discovered the tower test responded more to volume changes in my sub than it did to volume changes in the tower. This was obvious when some of the boats with big sub systems in the rear storage compartments ran. I found it interesting when a boat with some 6" car speakers on the tower posted bigger numbers than the boats running big pro-audio tower systems. My ears judged otherwise once I was more than 30' from the boats.

I took lots of pictures and left the camera in the bag way too much. There were some great photo moments, hopefully others were able to capture and post. I will post the photos under a different thread.
Old     (ponte_06_x2)      Join Date: Jan 2006       05-04-2008, 10:00 AM Reply   
its was a cool turn out. on friday night it was cool that you and g linked your systems together. your boat and his were pounding on till nights end. ive got to hand it to g. that dude sure knows how to have a good time. between the house music and the led's. that boat deff has to be the #1 wake party boat. hey mike. thats real impressive that your single 12 hit 141. great job. ive learned a lot from these sound off's. just because you have multiple woofers doesn't mean that your going to have a louder spl reading then someone that just has one or two.
Old     (ponte_06_x2)      Join Date: Jan 2006       05-04-2008, 10:14 AM Reply   
i believe my boat did a 142.6 on spl. i have to say this. in no way in hell did that x 80 hit a 159.9. something was real funny when the x 80 went to get judged. i noticed that as soon as the track started that the meter was at 159.9. with all the other boats that went that the bass got louder at the end of the track. if its a legit reading then we just witnessed a miracle. props to anyone that can step the game up but from the highest from last year at 144 to 159 this year. it just seams like the gap is way too extreme.
Old    Ben Kerran            05-05-2008, 12:00 PM Reply   
Well, I think I hit a 1.62 on the B.A.L meter Friday night, so doesn't that mean I win it all?

Good times this weekend guys. It was great to see everybody and check out the new toys Friday night. Riding Saturday was insane. Already looking forward to next year.