Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 24, 2008

Old     (lseghatch)      Join Date: Aug 2005       01-18-2008, 1:46 PM Reply   
I need a wakeboard bag/case for my trip to FL in March, what would you reccomend?
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       01-18-2008, 2:13 PM Reply   
Jet Pilot Wake Wheelie Bag.
Old     (tsbs7)      Join Date: Jan 2008       01-18-2008, 2:55 PM Reply   
Ive had an LF bag for a couple years and its worked great
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-18-2008, 3:01 PM Reply   
get a heavily padded bag with wheels. the LF one looks really clean and you can probably pass it off as snowboard/ski gear so its free
Old     (k9fxr)      Join Date: Jul 2005       01-18-2008, 3:04 PM Reply   
Thats the problem as I understand it, the extra fees that are sometimes charged by airlines.
FYI- I've booked Spirit Air, but later learned ALL baggage has extra fees
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-18-2008, 3:19 PM Reply   
i got the big ole lf wheelie bag...been thru the airports many a times and it just looks like an irregular suite case...

one lady asked me what it was and i just told here there were clothes in there...she threw it on the conveyor on it's side and it went clank....then looked right at me and asked me if i was sure there was no board in there..."of course i'm sure, i packed the bag!"
Old     (kevin_middleton)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-18-2008, 3:55 PM Reply   
TEN-80 bag is awesome. Board is safe and no problems flying anywhere.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-19-2008, 10:25 AM Reply   
Slingshot has a big padded wheelie bag that says "Tour Series Golf" right on it. If they ask about it just say it is your golf bag, and if they specifically ask what is inside it (which i don't think theyl push that far) just tell them its your stuff for your golf tour (and other personal belongings) and you wont even be lying (close to it, but not) especially when considering the acronym for golf is Gentlemen Only Ladies Forbiden... or well uhh... ladies forbidden to get in your wake bag that is...
http://buyslingshotsports.com/wake/2008_wake_goods_bags.htm

"Travel with your board and gear and not get charged excess baggage fees."
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-19-2008, 10:27 AM Reply   
apparently "slingshot" is also a brand of golf clubs... or a series of clubs... anyway, i don't play golf so what much do i know

(found this out while searching for a pic of the bag)
Old     (lseghatch)      Join Date: Aug 2005       01-27-2008, 8:17 AM Reply   
I just bought the LF Wheeled Travel Bag and are you supposed to be able to leave your bindings attatched? I ask because it has this fold over liner on the inside and witht the bidings it is pretty much rendered useless.

(Message edited by LSEGHATCH on January 27, 2008)
Old     (chrishopf)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-27-2008, 11:24 AM Reply   
its so you can stick a blank or a wakeskate under a set up with boots on it, and keep them seperated from scratching or damaging eachother.
Old     (pwningjr)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-27-2008, 5:20 PM Reply   
Why will airlines charge you for a wakeboard but not skis or snowboards? I have never understood that.
Old     (chikara22)      Join Date: Oct 2006       01-27-2008, 7:15 PM Reply   
I have a Hyperlite Parks wheeled bag that has made 4 airline trips without any extra handling fees. No scratches on my stuff either. Held up really well.

You just tell the airline peeps it is a water ski. One airline rep assumed it was golf clubs and I did not correct her.