Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 15, 2009

Old     (ryoder)      Join Date: Feb 2009       02-12-2009, 7:49 AM Reply   
So i was looking to find some boat wraps and Large stickers to spice up my mastercraft, and my friends new supra! i was thinkin of something comparable to the designs on the new mastercraft x-star line. Also i was very interested in finding some large stickers that could resemble sponsorship stickers such as Ronix, Jet Pilot ect! Let me know if you have any idea as to where i could find these items at! thanks!
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-12-2009, 9:19 AM Reply   
Go to a sign shop and have them make them out of vinyl. They can scan anything or pull it off the web and duplicate it.
Old     (eyekahn)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-12-2009, 9:26 AM Reply   
Why would you want stickers to resemble sponsorship? If you were sponsored by those brands they would give you the vinal's.

(Message edited by eyekahn on February 12, 2009)
Old     (nosebleed)      Join Date: Apr 2004       02-12-2009, 9:40 AM Reply   
^^^^That's easy. IMO Stickers are cool. You would need them to "resemble sponsorship" if you weren't a pro rider. I have a spy sticker on my board because it looks good and I like their stuff.
Old     (taft)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-12-2009, 9:48 AM Reply   
^^^^Your board is also less than $1000
Old     (michridr69)      Join Date: Dec 2008       02-12-2009, 10:25 AM Reply   
try exoticsings.com they can make u anything and they have jetpilot already made u can choose size and color and it shows u its pretty nice
Old     (eyekahn)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-12-2009, 11:58 AM Reply   
I just think its very "poserish" to say you want stickers to resemble sponsorship. If you like their stuff just say "hey I like their stuff and want a sticker." Not "Hey I wanna look like im sponsored by stickering up my boat."
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       02-12-2009, 12:14 PM Reply   
He is 18. If he has stickers resembling sponsorship, he can tell the ladies he is a pro and woo them over.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-12-2009, 12:19 PM Reply   
At 18 I assume still High school.... I would guess your school as a nice printer for graphic design type classes...take one, make your own or have a friend do it.
Old     (nbigger)      Join Date: May 2008       02-12-2009, 12:29 PM Reply   
I really do not see the big deal? Many companies replicate there race editions by using the sponsorship stickers on things "honda Repsol bike". Also there are a lot of cars and trucks out there with all kinds of stickers on them. If there is company that I support and I like there logo then why not?
Old     (eyekahn)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-12-2009, 12:43 PM Reply   
All I am saying is dont get stickers to look sponsored. That is terrible. I used to rock all types of stickers of company's I liked. But I never got them so I could look sponsored. There is nothing wrong with rocking stickers because you like the company. Just when you ask to resemble sponsorship that is dumb.
Old     (taft)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-12-2009, 12:47 PM Reply   
So would you go around telling people you're doing it cause it looks cool and not because you want to look sponsored?

No one is going to know your reasoning either way.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-12-2009, 12:52 PM Reply   
I don't think stickering up your boat is bad at all... I have a SuperAir sticker on my car not to try and advertise/show off...but if another wakeboarder sees that they'll know... I walk around in slingshot clothes all the time at school and no one knows what it is...but the day someone does I will be willing to bet we'll be friends...it is easier than asking people if they ride, then figuring out if they are actually RIDE or go out once a month on their hydroslide but use wakeboarding to pick up chicks.

then again if you're stickered up, someone asks if you're hooked up by ronix and you say yes... thats lame, because most of the time it is giving Ronix pro's a bad name... because if you are that good you would be sponsored... and if you are just using stickers to look sponsored they'll know.
Old     (jclay5)      Join Date: Nov 2008       02-12-2009, 1:42 PM Reply   
I have stickers on my car and I'm not sponsored... I just like the gear so I put stickers up, because I am proud of the product. Plus Nick makes a great point I can't tell you how many friends i've made or conversations I've had started just by wearing a ronix T-shirt. I beleive Reid was just saying he wanted the stickers that the pros have because they look cool. I've got to aggree with him on that. They do look cool.
Old     (wackbag)      Join Date: Feb 2009       02-12-2009, 2:33 PM Reply   
I agree Nick. Walk the talk so to say...
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-12-2009, 2:34 PM Reply   
I'll keep my opinion to myself.
Old     (ryoder)      Join Date: Feb 2009       02-12-2009, 2:36 PM Reply   
yea all i am tryin to say is that dont want to be like "hey look i am sponsored" cause thats just dumb and arrogant, i am just lookin for some stickers to give my boat a new look! i think we all know what i am talkin about here...i am not doin it to show off or anything or be a "poser" i just want to make my boat unique and not look like the thousands of other mastercrafts out there! but thanks for the advice guys!!
Old     (wake2wake_66)      Join Date: Nov 2008       02-12-2009, 2:57 PM Reply   
I am with Nick, I was in this huge hotel full of rich stuck up people last weekend. And I was sitting in the lobby wearing a Ronix shirt and a guy walked up and said "nice shirt". I looked up and he had the same one on. I wouldn't even have noticed unless he had said something. I think it helps people recognize other riders.

I think stickers look pretty sick, I know a guy on my lake that built a slider and put a whole set of Tige' decals on it. (sounds dumb, but it looks awesome)
Old     (flordiawakex45)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-12-2009, 3:17 PM Reply   
Check out the new decals that mastercraft have for the boats. www.systeminconline.com. I have a x45 im going to be putting the skull decal kit on my boat.
Old     (tikilounge)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-12-2009, 10:57 PM Reply   
i have a custom sticker,wrap company located in colorado. i can hook you up with some custom work for a fair deal. if you want to email me we will talk ryanprue@gmail.com

Ryan