Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 21, 2008

Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-03-2008, 5:00 PM Reply   
got her a new ronix trinity and we went out today for the first time and she hated the board.. its a 135 compared to her 136 hyperlite drifter.. she kept saying the board felt smaller and that it rode way looser and more ontop of the water than the other one. She tried out my transcend platinum 138 and loved it.. said the board felt way more solid and planted in the water compared to the Ronix and that it felt like it dug in more when carving.. the funny part is, is that I ride my board finless. Are there any female boards out there that ride like the transcend platinum?

(Message edited by extremeisaac on August 03, 2008)
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-03-2008, 5:15 PM Reply   
and she doesnt hate that you call her wifey?
Old     (crack)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-03-2008, 5:30 PM Reply   
^^^^Not if he gives up that Plat
Old     (rpayer)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-03-2008, 5:31 PM Reply   
My girlfriend rode a friend's Ronix Trinity last summer and hated it. Said pretty much the same thing... very "slippery" on the water. The bottom is about as smooth as my skate.
Old     (goldilocks)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-03-2008, 5:35 PM Reply   
well i ride a obrien skyla without the fins. It gets slippery in choppy water, but i love the board.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-03-2008, 5:54 PM Reply   
Isaac: The trinity/venue shape does ride pretty small. I'm not really a fan of the shape but it does make a dam good slider board.
If she liked the drifter I would get her to try the Frontier 137. I would think shed really enjoy it and you can pick them up really cheap now.
For more of a Transcend feel, try the One. Or just get her a matching Transcend.
Still I really think you should look at the Frontier.

(Message edited by kristian on August 03, 2008)
Old     (lizrd)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-03-2008, 5:56 PM Reply   
Does she have to have a women's board?
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-03-2008, 6:50 PM Reply   
Try to demo the CWB Sapphire. I love the board, so much for the first time in quite a few years, I didn't buy a new board this year.
Old     (bailey)      Join Date: May 2001       08-03-2008, 7:03 PM Reply   
Just get her a transcend if she likes it so much. Most of the "womens" boards just have different graphics. Also you may try putting a bigger fin on the ronix board and see if that helps.
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-03-2008, 9:20 PM Reply   
She PREFFERS to have the girly blue and pink graphics... but she said she has no problem going back to the drifter.. I told her next time you are demoing boards before one is bought... So I think thats the next step, unless I can possibly find a Trans Plat for a good deal
Old     (ethan31)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-04-2008, 5:12 AM Reply   
Get a transcend, then get a wrap done in what ever girly graphics she wants. win-win
Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       08-04-2008, 7:37 AM Reply   
ronix krush ?
Old    wakejjboard12            08-04-2008, 7:40 AM Reply   
get her to demo the LF JETT 136. i ride it finless and it still digs in pretty good but with the fins it would even more. all around a sick board.
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-04-2008, 7:50 AM Reply   
the bottom of the krush is just like teh trinity, I cant see that it would ride any different.. what part of the bottom of the board is it that makes it ride deeper in the water vs riding on top of the water?
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       08-04-2008, 8:18 AM Reply   
CWB Sapphire will ride similar to the Transcend as far as speed and how it rides lower in the water.
Old     (parkgirl)      Join Date: Nov 2001       08-04-2008, 8:42 AM Reply   
The sapphire rides lower in the water (similar to the old hyperlite premier)and with the center fins it shouldn't be slippery at all, so she will have great control over it. It is pink and black too!

I agree with what BSflower said and would be happy riding my sapphire for the rest of my riding days.
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-04-2008, 8:50 AM Reply   
My wife LOVES her new Sapphire, says it has great control and stability. And as Andrea said it's pink but not black, it's actually black cherry! I thought it was black as well until it got into the sun for the first time!
Old     (parkgirl)      Join Date: Nov 2001       08-04-2008, 8:52 AM Reply   
ahhh, so thats's what that color is :-) Nice!
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       08-04-2008, 9:11 AM Reply   
Isaac, 3-stage boards can feel like they're riding deeper because of the pronounced rocker at tip and tail. 2.5" 3-stage on the trinity. LF Diva and Hype Divine for comparison are both continuous and hybrid continuous, with the same or smaller rocker.

Krush and Trinity are both 3-stage.
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-04-2008, 12:27 PM Reply   
Just talked to Ronix and they suggest that I swap out the fins for a little bigger one that puts the board more in the water? Anyone have any experience with swapping out fins and how much of a difference they make?
Old     (wakeboardlasvegas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-04-2008, 12:36 PM Reply   
How many times has she ridden it? What is her riding level?How about just telling her to DEAL WITH IT? If she doesnt like it, have HER do the research into the boards that way its no ones fault except hers.
WAY TOO MANY people read into boards and such online, I personally think that there are too many arm chair wakeboarders that read to much crap online and in mags.

Sorry if I ruffle a few feathers.
Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-04-2008, 12:51 PM Reply   
I say get her the slingshot Pink Pearl with Jewel Bindings. Really girly, will definitely dig down into the water.
Old     (inty399)      Join Date: May 2007       08-04-2008, 1:25 PM Reply   
if she likes the platty give her the platty and you ride her trinity
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-04-2008, 3:22 PM Reply   
wife absolutely loves her Hyperlite Syn board
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-04-2008, 3:23 PM Reply   
Jonny, calm down there turbo... no one is blaming anyone.. I just want her to be happy on a board that she likes and feels comfortable on. She is a beginner and started riding this season. I found this board, she looked into it and said ya... all the reviews and descriptions said that the board rides deep in the water and slower but when she got on it, she said it rode fast and on top of the water and was really loose feeling.

Ty Nice One