Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (fill_er_up)      Join Date: May 2006       04-12-2010, 4:31 PM Reply   
Planning to work on bringing gelcoat back to life and am thinking about adding side flaps to my cover to protect it going forward. Anyone ever had removable side curtains installed? Maybe a velcro attachment that could be used when boat is hanging on lift but removed when on the trailer or for appearance sake??
Old     (chris4x4gill2)      Join Date: Sep 2009       04-12-2010, 6:34 PM Reply   
I dont have them on mine, but have had friends that used them. They were always attached to the main part of the cover by zippers. I would think velcor would run a high risk of blowing away if a storm came up.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       04-13-2010, 6:24 AM Reply   
I had them on my last boat. They wer not removeable , but you coudl tuck them under the cover for towing. I rarely towed ( live on a lake).

shipped my cover to skiboatcovers.com cheap and quick.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-14-2010, 10:56 AM Reply   
Years ago I had some installed with zippers. Worked great. I don't know why more people don't do this or why cover companies don't provide this option.
Old     (robert)      Join Date: Oct 2004       04-14-2010, 11:23 AM Reply   
Had them on my 210 cover with Velcro , they were just for on one side because of the morning sun.I have two strips , light weight canvas , they were about 2x8 feet had them meet about where the cover comes apart for the tower, that way I leave them on when taking on and off the cover in my boat lift. When I got my 230 I kept my two strips and in stalled saps on the strips and bottom edge of the cover, works great. bought the snaps and tool at a craft store for less than 20 dollars.
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-14-2010, 12:09 PM Reply   
This has been a project on my list for quite a while. For now I just really keep it waxed