Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 04, 2009

Old     (jujube)      Join Date: Aug 2008       09-22-2009, 8:49 AM Reply   
If you live in AL, MO, TN you'll be interested.

Just saw this on Tigeowners - looks like they are taking it to the road. My chance to see the 2010.

http://tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11084
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       09-22-2009, 8:57 AM Reply   
They should have towed it to Lake Mead for this Saturday's reunion.
Old     (knelems)      Join Date: May 2002       09-22-2009, 11:17 AM Reply   
I hope Mark my rep is able to get out of GA sometime today with all the flooding.Six Flags on I20 looks totally flooded on CNN.He maybe driving the boat over!
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-22-2009, 3:36 PM Reply   
If you get a chance go see this boat it is insane!! The wakes on this thing were unreal! We took it out on a demo and it was very impressive. wakeboard and wakesurf wakes both to die for.
Old     (jujube)      Join Date: Aug 2008       09-23-2009, 7:45 AM Reply   
I have a demo set up for Saturday! I can't wait!
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-23-2009, 9:04 AM Reply   
Got to sit in it never ride in it and Kevin is right the boat was phenomenal! Can't imagine a better choice in the 22'market with the 2k in ballast!
Old     (wakedork)      Join Date: May 2009       09-23-2009, 7:06 PM Reply   
Just got back from riding behind it, Mark was able to get out of Atlanta and make it to Huntsvegas. The boat is awesome, I'm new to Tiges, been a Nautique guy for years (that's what all my friends have). First time around Tiges this year rode behind the 09 RZ2 with the stock ballast, loved the boat but the wake was always lacking. after today I am 100% sold on Tiges. That wake was huge and had more of a Nautique kick to it unlike the 09 with the 900lbs in it, that was more of a Mastercraft ramp. I had been itchin to ride behind this boat since I saw it a t expo, and talked to the guys and what they had done with the "PRO BALLAST" system, it doesn't disappoint. I only got to take a quick set but it was enough to see the improvement. They also fixed small nit-picky things i didn't like about the 09 like the hard covering on the swim platform it's now a nice cushy foam that doen't kill your knees or leave TIge stamped to our butt after sitting on it. The new dash and touch screen controls were also a nice addition. Overall great boat so if you have a chance go rise one you won't be dissappointed. and if you are around Huntsville All Pro Marine just put an order in for their 2010 boats so make sure to stop by and check them out.
Old     (tntige)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-25-2009, 2:24 PM Reply   
Broken record....... Another Dealer boasting about their product......... not this time. Went out on it yesterday and this thing is legit! Tige Touch is awesome. Pro ballast more than gets the job done. This surf pic is with 2 people in the boat. Very nice curl.
Thanks for the demo Tige.
Upload
Old     (johnnewton8)      Join Date: May 2009       09-26-2009, 8:40 AM Reply   
Billy Doyle,
Is that a platform shot? How fast are you going and what is the TAPS setting? Looks great though, makes me want to call in sick today at work and hit the lake.
Old     (gotair)      Join Date: Feb 2009       09-26-2009, 10:42 AM Reply   
The 2010 is awesome. I got to see it this morning in St. Louis. If I had the $$$ I would have been ordering one this morning. The 2010 has some great new features over the 09's. Great job TIGE.
Old     (tntige)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-28-2009, 8:32 AM Reply   
John that shot was taken w/ my elbows on the swim deck. Here is one standing up.
Upload
Old     (tntige)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-28-2009, 8:33 AM Reply   
TAPS on 6 @ 11 mph
Old     (jujube)      Join Date: Aug 2008       09-28-2009, 9:01 AM Reply   
What an incredible boat Tige has built for 2010!

Our RZ2 demo turned into an awesome afternoon on the lake. This is the most amazing boat I have ever driven, ridden and boarded behind. Everything about this boat is perfect - can't ask for anything more!

The upholstery and interior is just phenomenal. The seats are very comfortable and soft! Love the look of the pleated vinyl, very upscale. The side panels have 2 cup holders each - which is great for sunscreen, drinks - I even tucked my t-shirt and watch in the "pocket" while boarding. There are 12-volt plugs everywhere in this boat, including each side panel - which make it very handy for inflating the floaties while in the cove.

The engine was quiet and the ride was smooth - best handling boat ever - especially in rough water.

The touch screen was very easy to use and while driving I could touch through the different screens and felt so "in control" of everything! This boat had some pre-set rider profiles already set, and we were able to create new rider profiles and modify the existing ones to customize to our family.

The Wetsound Pro 80's were on this boat, and they rocked the cove!

Tige we are sold! Now all we have to do is pick the colors!
Old     (tversetti)      Join Date: Jan 2008       09-28-2009, 12:39 PM Reply   
Oh my the amount of Tige love in this thread is making me vomit!

Tige must be, by far, the best manufacturer of boats ever!!!!!111!!!

wow
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-28-2009, 3:31 PM Reply   
^^^
Well, there always has to be that one person that decided to put his $.02 into something and cause the thread to go negative. Keith, how about returning to school and educating yourself on etiquette.

BTW, that is one nice looking RZ2.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       09-28-2009, 6:18 PM Reply   
David, the funny part is, it looks like about an 03 20i in his profile pic.

I guess for him it's like a scooter...............cool to have, just dont let your friends catch you on it.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-28-2009, 8:31 PM Reply   
Definitely looks like it... Can't miss that Metcrap tower :-)
Old     (daveronix199)      Join Date: Feb 2009       09-28-2009, 10:06 PM Reply   
just my two cents as well....

Tige is a terrible boat I am very surprised Adam Errington rides for them
Old     (skippers)      Join Date: Sep 2009       09-29-2009, 6:13 AM Reply   
Mark dropped by our dealership this weekend showing us this beauty - the 2010 boats look sick!! The Tige' touch system looks amazing, and the pro ballast option is awesome. Can't wait to ride behind one of these bad boys!
Old     (tntige)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-29-2009, 7:20 AM Reply   
The last surf wake pic was actually 9.8 mph w/ TAPS on 4.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-29-2009, 7:32 AM Reply   
So Dave have you been in or behind this boat. Oh did you see the thread on how crappy your x2 is. Oh yeah I own an xstar take your goggles off and go check this boat out. I would take it over an x2 in a second.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       09-29-2009, 7:38 AM Reply   
Hay Dave, after looking at you profile, your punk arse, lame post doesnt surprise me a bit.

"Boat: MAstercraft X2"
"Favorite rider: ME"

Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       09-29-2009, 7:46 AM Reply   
How about more pics of this phenomenal boat? Surf wave does look nice, but where's the rest?
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       09-29-2009, 7:48 AM Reply   
The 2010 Tige will change a lot of peoples opinions. Even some of the haters.
Old     (wakeborder5)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-29-2009, 9:13 AM Reply   
Dave has yet again shown his uncanny ability to make worthwhile posts. Tampawake brings up a very good point though, if my daddy shelled out the money for a MC, i would be mad if he got the wrong one too. On a more productive note, I wish there an option to hide posters like on other forums.
Old     (mellowman)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-29-2009, 9:27 AM Reply   
I guess I'm not seeing it in that wakesurf shot. Doesn't look that impressive to me. The up close shot looks nice, because of the perspective taken, but the one from the boat looks fairly standard to me.

This thread sounds an awful lot like a Tige dealer thread. That doesn't bother me, just sounds very much like sales jargon. How many of you are sponsored by Tige or work for a Tige dealer?
Old     (tdub)      Join Date: May 2009       09-29-2009, 9:49 AM Reply   
<rant> What is up with all the unfounded hate on WakeWorld? It doesn't matter what manufacturer, there always seems to be those who like to be negative. It is easy to find something that you like or dislike about any boat/brand out there. Personally, I've never found the perfect builder or boat. There is nothing wrong with stating personal preferences. However, the post may have some legitimacy if some posters would make a little effort to back up certain claims with facts. This discussion board would be a lot better without the hatred. It would be nice if the "This Mfr./boat sux! without any reason" posts would be deleted by moderators. It is nothing more than distracting and a waste of time to wade through the exhaust of some to actually share valuable information posted by others. </rant>

I saw the 2010 RZ2 at Western Ohio Watersports last evening. Sorry, I was too busy looking and talking and forgot to take photos.

With the new TigeTouch screen, the dash is very clean looking and driver visibility is as good, if not better, than any boat I've been on. Unless dragging anchors and 1200 lbs. of rear ballast with TAPS wake plate fully up, I can't imagine a need for the bolster.

The touch screen display is intuitive and extremely easy to use (easier than iPod IMHO). The interface is simple enough that new drivers (or even my wonderful wife) should have no problems getting up & running with it quickly. It allows up to 25 different presets - each with settings for speed, ballast & TAPS plate. For those who are concerned by a touch screen on a boat, it is a completely sealed unit. Touch screens are used in many harsh environments and survive just fine. They also have a few toggle switches (e.g. - bilge, blower & nav/anchor lights) mounted under the dash as a backup in case the divorce gets nasty and things get broken.

FWIW - this particular RZ2 is equipped with two pairs of WetSounds Pro 60s. Tige is offering Pro 80s as an option to substitute instead of Pro 60s on the 2010 models. It would be nice to have a WS-420 option also. The source/head unit is a Clarion CMD6 (I believe).

The snap-out carpeting looked great. It is fitted so well that I almost didn't realize that it was snap-out.

It was equipped with the Pro Ballast option (2000 lbs) that consists of:
2 - 400 lb sacs in the bow (lose the storage under bow seats)
2 - 250 lb hard tanks below v-drive storage
2 - 350 lb sacs in v-drive storage (that store away along the gunwales)
With this much flexibility, I can't imagine that 90+% of the riders out there couldn't tune/shape the wake to their liking (fire extinguisher in hand).

Tige finally changed out the material on the swim deck to something softer (long overdue) for 2010 models. Prior years had more of a hard rubber feel to it.

I personally don't care for the pleated style of seats as we have too many small kids on our boat and inevitably, I would be scrubbing snacks out of it. However, the appearance is good and this will likely appeal to others.

For 2010, Tige made the "Vision Air" (Attwood) helm seat a factory option rather than a standard feature. I'm not sure why (possible cost/price reduction?) as this is probably the most comfortable helm seat in the boating industry. I would guess that most dealers would order stock boats with this option.

Despite the economy, it is an exciting time in the boating industry with the integration of technology! Even though the warm weather is starting to become scarce in our neck of the woods, we at least have the boat shows to look forward to! It appears that Tige has been busy and continues to innovate and improve in a lot of areas. If you get a chance, take a look at a 2010. There is a lot to like.

And no, I don't work for Tige or a Tige dealer.

(Message edited by tdub on September 29, 2009)
Old     (mellowman)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-29-2009, 10:15 AM Reply   
"What is up with all the unfounded hate on WakeWorld?"

Where in this thread is there hate??????
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       09-29-2009, 10:39 AM Reply   
Mellow Man,

I'm sure that once Mark has this boat back in Atlanta ( Gainesville Marina on Lake Lanier http://www.gainesvillemarina.com/index.php) he will be more then happy to give you a demo of the surf wake in person. Bring your board and try it out your self, I think you will be hard pressed to find a better surf wake out of any boat with FACTORY setup. And if this is not enough, it would very simple to pull out the sac and swap it for 1K custom sac specifically designed for the RZ2/22Ve.

And no, I dont work for or get sponsored by Tige, nor am I employed by a dealer. From the looks of it, I dont see anyone in this thread trying to hide behind the user names.
Old     (tdub)      Join Date: May 2009       09-29-2009, 10:39 AM Reply   
Mellow Man - it wasn't in your post. I agree with you. There is definitely some dealer rah-rah going on. I expect that enthusiasm and sales blah, blah.

"Where in this thread is there hate??????" "Tige is a terrible boat..."
- These are the typical posts that seem to get slammed into every thread discussing a manufacturer or boat. These add no value and only starts the flaming wars. It just gets old and degrades the credibility of the site.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-29-2009, 10:47 AM Reply   
Nice review TDub!
Old     (tntige)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-29-2009, 11:49 AM Reply   
Here you go Nacho.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-29-2009, 12:39 PM Reply   
This is the best that I can find right now. Not very impressive but the pro-riders are being filmed and not the wake.

http://wakeboardingmag.com/boats/2009/09/28/photo-gallery-2010-tige-team-shoot/

Edit: No, I am not a dealer, work for the dealer, nor do I work for Tige.

(Message edited by dabell on September 29, 2009)
Old     (snacks)      Join Date: Oct 2008       09-30-2009, 12:41 PM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (snacks)      Join Date: Oct 2008       09-30-2009, 12:43 PM Reply   
Those last few pictures are a new 2010 Tigé RZ2. Customer will be picking it up next week and yes the Tigé Touch is that nice.
Old     (bspot5)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-30-2009, 7:34 PM Reply   
How much does an RZ2 go for??
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       09-30-2009, 7:42 PM Reply   
Hay snack, that's a nice looking rz2, but the 22Ve behind it is nicer
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-30-2009, 8:29 PM Reply   
Brad, my guess would be >$70k
Old     (highrock)      Join Date: Apr 2008       10-01-2009, 5:00 AM Reply   
yeah right around 70-75 should be in the ball park. Crazy how they were going in the high 50's low 60's only 3 years ago new
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-01-2009, 5:22 AM Reply   
Selling price and MSRP are 2 different things, even MC and CC dont get MSRP for theirs.

And they havent gone up that much, MSRP on my 06, not quite fully loaded either, was $64k. That's 4 model years ago.
Old     (highrock)      Join Date: Apr 2008       10-01-2009, 2:59 PM Reply   
MSRP on that RZ2 I would bet would be at least $80,000 Mike. I know no one gets the MSRP price, boat dealers can make that kind of thing up so you think your getting a good deal off of it on selling price
Old     (bullydog)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-02-2009, 1:24 AM Reply   
Does tige use hard ballast tanks or bags? Also did tige change the interior. In the past when I have looked at the tige's interior it looked to cheesy to me. The new tige has definatly got my attention.
Old     (ajholt7)      Join Date: Apr 2009       10-02-2009, 2:23 AM Reply   
I wish i would have known this thing would be at Skippers Marine, i was just a few minutes away when it was there.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-02-2009, 4:00 AM Reply   
Andrew,

To answer your question about the ballast, the answer is yes. Tige uses 2 in-floor hard tanks in the rear and sacs in the bow for it's standard ballast system. For the Pro Ballast upgrade, Tige adds to more sacs in the rear storage area that can be folded up along the gunwale when not in use.

Tiges has made changes to their interiors just about every year, especially on the larger V-drives.
Old     (bullydog)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-02-2009, 10:20 AM Reply   
Thanks tigemike. Is there a way to change the bags for hard tanks or are the sacs better I'm sure its personal preference. Also with the Pro ballast upgrade is there still plenty of storage when all of the ballast is full? Specifically asking in regards to the RZ2. Again thanks for the info.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-02-2009, 11:03 AM Reply   
I can only guess, I havent had a chance to see the boat yet. We, here in NC, will be on the tail end of the trip as the rep makes his way back down to GA. I'll bet that there is still some room on top of the sac, but it would be for stuff like jackets, etc. I guess it would be possible to put in hard tanks in place of the sacs. They would take up the storage permanently though, and also block the access to the under-seat storage so you could not store boards and skies, etc.

As far as addition storage space not consumed by ballast, the Tige boats have tons of storage, in part due to their deep cabins. There are 2 huge storage areas mid-ship - one under the driver's console and the passenger console. The passenger side is accessible from the both the bow and main cabin. There is also storage under the side seats as well as a built in cooler. Plus storage in the Transom Activity Center. These work great for ropes/handles, trash, boot lube, as a cooler, etc.
Old     (fic)      Join Date: May 2008       10-02-2009, 3:30 PM Reply   
Even when the ballast bags are down and full there is quite a bit of room in the rear storage areas. We were one of the earlyer dealers to get a test drive.
Very impressive.
Old     (tdub)      Join Date: May 2009       10-03-2009, 5:25 AM Reply   
What about the possibility of swapping the 350 lb. sac with something larger (e.g. - 700 lb. or custom/Enzo style)? I didn't look close enough but I'm guessing that would be a fairly easy swap out with the existing sac.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-03-2009, 6:21 AM Reply   
TDub,

There are 2 or 3 09 RZ2 and 22Ve's out there, with the same in-floor ballast system, that are running our 1K custom surf sac. I dont see why the optional ballast sac could be swapped out for a larger sac. You may lose the "flip-up sac" feature is all.
Old     (snacks)      Join Date: Oct 2008       10-04-2009, 2:19 PM Reply   
Sorry I will get back with you all on Monday. I am on the road back from Lake Mead.
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       10-04-2009, 2:41 PM Reply   
Snacks,
Sorry to hear u were at mead this weekend. Yesterday the wind was blowing dangerously in the afternoon. Hope you had some good water before that happened.
Old     (snacks)      Join Date: Oct 2008       10-05-2009, 7:41 AM Reply   
Ya it got really bad. Thursday and Friday were great. Beats being up in northern Utah that weekend.
Old     (xtrememarine)      Join Date: Oct 2009       10-15-2009, 10:59 AM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (xtrememarine)      Join Date: Oct 2009       10-15-2009, 11:05 AM Reply   
2010's are unreal, love the touch screen with the stylish the dash. The snap out carpet is a must. With PCM motors what’s not to love. To top it off, the pro ballast system, 2000lbs of weight, I can't wait to surf on this boat.

Thank Mark for showing it!
Old     (adam)      Join Date: Feb 2009       10-15-2009, 2:06 PM Reply   
Did the tige touch work with wet fingers?? I was wondering about that..
Old     (xtrememarine)      Join Date: Oct 2009       10-15-2009, 8:16 PM Reply   
Yeah, that was my first question. And I tried it with water and worked fine. I was wondering about rain water? Mark said that Tige tested the screen by putting it into a dish washer and seeing if it would work after, which really would be the greatest test, and he said it passed with flying colors. If TIGE is standing behind it (a company with a life time plus warranty) it show how confident there are about their product.
I have to say... for those who have not seen it. This is unlike any other systems. Tige is known for user friendly components. Even though this is High Tec, we had people side down and used it without any instructions.
You control everything from this screen! From ballast to the navigation lights. There are no rocker switches. You can even hook up a DVD player or play a video game. It does it all, and all is touch.
Old     (smuurph84)      Join Date: Oct 2008       10-31-2009, 9:40 AM Reply   
I just got back from my test drive and loved it! it was raining pretty heavy on us and the touch screen worked perfect and is very user friendly(a marriage savor for sure).loved the taps system and the ability to switch from wakeboarding to ski wake in seconds.The boat handled the choppy water great and was extremely quiet. heater came in handy as well as we were soaked.big Thanks to mark getting it out in the rain on a nasty Sat. mourning. for me