Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 04, 2005

Old     (jwat142)      Join Date: Jan 2002       03-19-2005, 1:56 PM Reply   
I am in the middle of installing PP Wakeboard Pro on my '97 Super Sport and I'm not sure where to mount the master module. Where is everyone else's located? I thought the best spot was on the side wall next to the driver, but how do I mount it? Can I just screw into the fiberglass? How thick is it? If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it. I'd like to get this project finished. Thanks!
Old     (jwat142)      Join Date: Jan 2002       03-19-2005, 1:57 PM Reply   
Oh yeah, one other thing. Does it matter which way it is turned? Do the main connections need to be facing down or does it not matter?
Old     (s4inor)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-19-2005, 6:32 PM Reply   
No, you cannot just screw threw the the driver's side wall on the walkway. Either mount it under the dash where the rest of your gauges controls are mounted, or through-bolt it onto the walkthrough wall.

I would recommend installing it with the connectors facing down, as the circuit board is not marinized, and that will allow for water to drain out of the bottom if it should happen to get wet.
Old     (flsurflover)      Join Date: Aug 2003       03-20-2005, 5:47 AM Reply   
Justin, I just checked on my '98. The PP module is mounted on the driver-side walkthrough wall, as far up as possible under the dash. Mine is an older module, but there is one wire coming out of the top side of the module, then a bunch of wires coming out of the side the faces the bow.
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-20-2005, 6:56 AM Reply   
Justin, if you happened to take pics during the install please post them. My PP is in the mail and I should be doing my install in about a week or so.
Old     (deepcove)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-20-2005, 7:29 AM Reply   
I just installed mine a month ago on a 2004 Mobius LS. I mounted the module on a fiber glass support beam that ran under the dash from the steering wheel to the bulk head. Totally out of the way, and of course with the connections facing down. There was some sort of fuse box thingy mounted here and I just had to move it over to make room for the module.
Old     (jwat142)      Join Date: Jan 2002       03-20-2005, 4:42 PM Reply   
Thanks everyone for the help. I ended up putting it in the same spot FL SurfLover did. That's about the only place I could put it as that's about the only place the servo motor cable would reach. I would have thought they would have given me a little longer cable so I would have a little room to work with. Oh well, it ended up working out pretty well.

Oh yeah, FL SurfLover, I was going to email you, but I'll just ask here. I am going to mount my ballast switches in the same spot as yours and I was wondering how you cut the holes in the fiberglass for the switches? I am having a hard time finding something that will cut a decent rectangular hole. Thanks!
Old     (flsurflover)      Join Date: Aug 2003       03-21-2005, 6:01 AM Reply   
Hey Justin. There's probably a better way to do it, but my low-tech method was to cut a piece of cardboard just big enough to fit all 3 switches on. Then I drew the 3 rectangles for the cutouts using a ruler, and cut them out with an exacto knife. Then I taped the cardboard on the fiberglass where I wanted it and used a marker to color in the rectangles on the fiberglass. I drilled a hole near one corner of each rectangle, then used a dremel tool with a carbide cutting bit to route out the rectangles. The fiberglass cuts pretty easily so you might be able do it with just a regular drill and bit. Just go really slow. Good luck!