Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old    RidinDirty            05-18-2010, 4:01 AM Reply   
The center ballast bag needs to be replaced. I've never done this before. Any tips or things I should look out for?

Thanks
Old     (bmr82)      Join Date: Jul 2008       05-18-2010, 4:33 AM Reply   
I have the 01 xstar same hull. My center bag started leaking. Easy to remove. Just 3 fittings. The bag is inside a cover but it all comes out as one peice. I remplaced mine with the fly high center bag. I would recomend doing that. They are made better.
Old     (spencerwm)      Join Date: Feb 2009       05-18-2010, 12:16 PM Reply   
You will be able to pull that sac out pretty easily like Dan said above. You should replace your factory sac with the Fly High Tube Sac. You will need the 3 W736 fittings to screw into the sac. If you don't have the W742 fittings (black with a red collar) connected on the ends of the hoses on your factory sac you will need 3 W742 elbow fittings. You will get around 400lbs. in that locker. Have fun.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-18-2010, 12:27 PM Reply   
Its a simple job. The hoses should have quick releases. I hate to be the one to break it to ya, but in order to get the max weight in there you really should go with another "factory" Flyhigh bag or have one custom made from Flyhigh. Sure other bags will fitr in there but you won't maximize the space and you have to watch the overfill as the locker will pop up due to the fact the bags are a bit bigger than the space. But if you don't mind losing 100lbs or so and saving some cash you can go with the Flyhigh tube sac or rear seat sac.
Old     (zorro)      Join Date: Jan 2005       05-18-2010, 12:56 PM Reply   
I second Swatguy, he is absolutely right.
I made the mistake of replacing the factory central bag with the fly high tube sac: the tube sac is shorter than the factory one and is also larger. This means that you never fill up all the available space of the ski locker and you also have to pay attention when you fill the sac since you cannot rely on the overfill. Your new overfil indicator will become the locker that pops up.
Old     (stevev210)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-18-2010, 6:17 PM Reply   
I had to replace my center sac in my 05 x2 and had fly high make a custom sac to the exact measurements of the locker, and it was cheaper than buying a replacement from MC. The stock sac is a 12" by 70" cylinder. I had fly high make me a sac 11"w by 12"h and 83" long, The locker is 85" end to end . The stock sac is around 300lbs the new sac was 400lbs.
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       05-18-2010, 8:17 PM Reply   
Steve,
What'd they charge to make that sac?
Old     (stevev210)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-18-2010, 8:48 PM Reply   
i cant remember exactly, i think mid to upper 200's, if you go on the website and print out the custom sac form you can enter the dimensions and were you want all the holes...mail it to flyhigh with your phone # and they will call you with the price.
Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-18-2010, 9:07 PM Reply   
Blake,
I think that I have some of these custom sacs on hand at the shop that are made to the specs you are after. I will check tomorrow and see. Shoot me an email if that is something that you want.
John
john@waterskis.com
Midwest MasterCraft
www.waterskis.com
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-19-2010, 8:04 AM Reply   
Steve is def correct. If you have the old yellow cylinder shape bag you are getting roughly 300lbs. However, the factory sack now is no longer a cylinder and has increased a litttle in length to take up the locker fully. I will pull mine and measure, just to make sure as I have one straight out of an 08 X1.. I am assuming the custom one may be cheaper as you are not paying thre "MC" markup. Don't quote me on this but I think a new from my dealer was around $300 or so.

Last edited by xstarrider; 05-19-2010 at 8:07 AM.
Old     (stevev210)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-19-2010, 7:26 PM Reply   
Swat, my sac was a grey flyhigh cylinder with the rubber 90's, one of the 90's ripped so i just replaced the hole bag. Im interested in the specs of the newer sacs. Post em after you measure your sac.