Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (infantryman2oo2)      Join Date: Jul 2008       03-10-2010, 10:19 AM Reply   
Hey everyone,

Typically I would just throw my boat in the water start it up and hope it runs and everything works. But i didn't use my boat at all last year because i was deployed to iraq so it hasn't been used since October 2008. it was professionally winterized as well as the ballast and heater were done by a local mastercraft dealer. Is there anything special i need to do because of how long it sat or just drop it in the water and go. i have 2 new optima batteries for it so it shouldn't have a battery issue when i do just wondering if anyone has any advise on it.

Also bought an 05 dodge while i was deployed to tow it with and need to get a hitch does anyone no if i need a drop hitch and how much of a drop i need. the truck is at stock hight.

Thanks,
Old     (infantryman2oo2)      Join Date: Jul 2008       03-10-2010, 10:21 AM Reply   
the boats a 2004 mastercarft X-Star if that is needed to be known not sure
Old     (wakezone804)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-10-2010, 10:30 AM Reply   
Hook your boat up to the hose. Make sure that the main water valve is on and allowing water to flow through the engine. Run it for a few min. while checkling engine temp. Empty out anti freeze out of the ballast tanks. If boat is running smoothly on hose you are good to go!!!

Ride on...
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-10-2010, 10:57 AM Reply   
First of all, THANKS for your service in the sand box! Good to have ya back in one piece.

There are a number of threads here talking about unwinterizing a boat. It really depends on what your dealer did to it in the first place. You may have a bag of parts that need to be reinstalled? ie; knock sensor, drain plugs, etc. Some guys leave the hoses loose, ie; like around the thermostat, heater & shower? Some leave the impeller out? Some disconnect the batteries?

Like Lee said, probably a good idea to hook it up in the driveway first. Then drag it to the ramp.
Old     (sdub)      Join Date: Jan 2003       03-10-2010, 11:01 AM Reply   
how much fuel do you have in the tank?. regular dosing of fuel stabilizer lasts 12 months. I would consider replacing the tank with some fresh fuel.
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-10-2010, 11:25 AM Reply   
Please remember to try not to run your antifreeze out into the lake or the storm drain. Auto shops should accept used antifreeze. I put a bucket under my exhaust to catch the first few gallons when we run the hose/fake a lake in the driveway. Its a little easier with my fresh air exhaust.
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-10-2010, 11:46 AM Reply   
WakeMikey, you can get RV anti-freeze that is environmentally friendly to run in the lake I believe.
Old     (infantryman2oo2)      Join Date: Jul 2008       03-10-2010, 11:53 AM Reply   
thanks for the advise guys. hopefully it works when i hook up the hose.