Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 22, 2006

Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-01-2006, 7:59 PM Reply   
I broke my tailbone the other day and now it really hurts..i cant sit right and i have to lay down all day..

i was wondering if anyone else had this happen to them and what they did to make it better

thanks
Old    roadking            05-01-2006, 8:11 PM Reply   
Andrew Adkison did something simular, but it was his back right above the tail bone. He broke some bones called the tranverse something. He did it when he was hitting a slider in a pool and ended up out of the pool and landed on the ground on his bottom. He recovered 100% in 6 weeks. Listen to your doctor and do exactly what he tells you and you will be fine.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-01-2006, 8:20 PM Reply   
Matt - I broke my tail bone last winter. DUDE, IT SUCKS!! I couldn't even roll over in bed without grimacing in pain. That is one injury that I don't wish on anyone. It will take about 8-10 months to completely go away. It's the absolute worst. There's nothing you can do, except get some pills.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-01-2006, 8:21 PM Reply   
^^^^well sorry for that.
Old     (peterc4)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-01-2006, 8:21 PM Reply   
I know a couple of people that have. Takes a long time to get better. Only thing that made them better was pain pills.
Old    murrayair            05-01-2006, 9:18 PM Reply   
How'd you break it?
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       05-01-2006, 9:22 PM Reply   
Whats worse, the pain of sitting on hard surfaces, or the embarassment of having to carry one of these wherever you go?

Upload

-Steve
Old    mendo247            05-01-2006, 9:26 PM Reply   
if Andrew A recovered in six weeks that was a dang miracle... i had a friend bust his on a slider and it took him over a year to fully recover... my ex messed hers up on a quad 3yrs ago and has never been the same...id get as much advice from doctors and friends as possible.. and take it easy!
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-01-2006, 10:13 PM Reply   
thane dogg-how long do you think it will take to get back on the water?
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-01-2006, 10:14 PM Reply   
ohh.i forgot to add..i am going to the doctor tomorrow for the x-ray..i am assuming it is broken...i have a lot of pain..but hopefully it is only bruised and i willr recover quickly!!
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-01-2006, 11:09 PM Reply   
Matt,

3 months ago, I was drunk-driving motorcycles in my backyard a looped the bike. Not my tailbone, but just above, I am sure I broke something. I had a bruise probably 3" by 10" across the area. Had to drive to the boat show in L.A the next AM. Let me tell you how nice of a ride that was! I have pics, really - anyone wanna see? No, didn't think so. I will save you the pain of that! Anyway, it STILL hurts, but not too bad. I am sure the tailbone itself hurts like heck. I am sure I did that in my younger days, but I had a better selection of drugs back then

Get it checked out just to be safe. Not like they can cast it or anything, but best to get checked out anyway! (I did not, so I guess I really don't know what I am talking about).

Steve - That's wrong dude! You are not getting any younger! Your time will come!
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-02-2006, 7:53 AM Reply   
i just got back from the doctor and he said that it was badly bruised and it should start feeling better in 5 days..that was really good news..ibuprofen is great!
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-02-2006, 7:56 AM Reply   
Matt - it took me a couple months before I was back on the water and it still hurt. The thing is that certain muscles pull on your tailbone, and you don't use 'em that often when you wakeboard but every once in a while you do, on like an off-balance landing or something, and when you do, you're set is over. It was funny when it would happen to me, because I would just let go like nothing happened and the boat would come around and I would be laughing because it was so retarded, but hurt so bad. good times.
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-02-2006, 9:21 AM Reply   
I am pretty sure that Andrew Adkison broke the transverse process on one or two of his lumbar vertebrae which are just above the sacrum.
Old     (rob_c)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-02-2006, 9:24 AM Reply   
Thane has hit the nail on the head ,or hit the tailbone on a hard surface.Broke mine last year 10 months to heal complete .I was able to wakeboard thru the pain after a week or two.The real bummer is after 11months I brusied it!

Get a donut like steve posted and use it!
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-02-2006, 11:15 AM Reply   
actually i took 2 advil this morning and the pain is almost gone...can sit normally and getting up i have no pain..just a little bit when i roll over..not to bad though...
Old     (girlboarder)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-02-2006, 11:44 AM Reply   
I broke my tail bone and I couldn't do situps for over two years. That stuff takes FOREVER to heal.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-02-2006, 1:56 PM Reply   
Matt - then you didn't break your tail bone.