Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2005

Old    wakeboard_neb22            08-11-2005, 6:42 PM Reply   
Iv been putting some money aside for about 2 summers now (about $1750) to go to a wakeboard camp, I was interested if anybody had any recommendations on camps they had been too or heard of...i heard West Coast wakeboardcamp was deffinatley worth the money...thanks, Tom.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-11-2005, 7:06 PM Reply   
gordy bubolz is a former wakeboard world champion, i believe his site is www.wakeboardcamp.com and you can find a discount for it on www.wakecoupons.com
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-11-2005, 7:08 PM Reply   
correction, that is www.wakeboardingcamp.com
its not going to cost over 800 for a week
Old    wakeboard_neb22            08-11-2005, 7:21 PM Reply   
thanks mike
I'll definitely check into it
Old    jhair            08-11-2005, 7:37 PM Reply   
I've been to a couple, but I think The Wakeboard Camp is the best. They really know how to break a trick down into small stepping stones and teach it to you without hurting you. They also have drills they teach you to help work on the fundamentals. Once you learn them, you can keep working on them after you've left. They have a bunch of instructors that take different boats out every day, so you can figure out which one suits your style and ride with him. Their prices are reasonable, too. These are the guys who made "The Book" DVD, by the way. Check it out:

http://www.wakeboardcamp.com
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-11-2005, 8:06 PM Reply   
Sean O'Brien's school in Orlando... Amazing rider and great instruction from him wakeboarding and another guy that wakeskates. Sean rides for O'Brien wakeboards intresting enough and the other guy rides for Integrity wakeskates (sorry I can't seem to remember his name, I've only met Sean). Cheak it out at www.orlandowake.com
Old     (bulldog_peach)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-12-2005, 5:19 AM Reply   
If you want the best and plan on being on the podium at natioanl competitions the top three are Mike Ferarro at WWC, Glenn Fletcher at O Town and Travis Moye. These guys don't take everyone and are expensive. Most of us don't need that level. So O-Town (other than Glenn), Wakeboaerd Camp, Hansens are all good. Projects is fun and laid back with the best sliders. Murrays amd Moyes camp is good but expensive and hard to get into.
Old     (openwydr)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-12-2005, 6:08 AM Reply   
My family has been to both Gordie Bubilzs camp and Ride the spot w Darin Shapiro. Gordies camp was great for kids ( my parents went also and they had fun too). Darin Shapiros is not really for the kids. He likes the more mature crowd.

Both were great times we rode til our arms fell off.

Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-12-2005, 9:46 AM Reply   
http://westcoastcamps.com/ is off the hook. They have a sweet houseboat, awesome boats and great coaches. They'll teach you that sick west coast style and Schwenne can do any trick in the book. Relaxed, fun atmosphere, check it out!
Old    wakeboard_neb22            08-12-2005, 2:55 PM Reply   
thanks to everybody for the input, its gonna be hard pickin a camp, good thing i got all winter -tom
Old     (sanger215guy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       08-12-2005, 10:24 PM Reply   
Stephan is right, West Coast Camps is worth every penny. Mike is one of the most personable guys in the industry. The rest of the coaches at the camp follow suit with the integrity Mike has. He has surrounded himself with some of the best to help you learn. Try him and you won't be sorry.
Old     (ridn9high)      Join Date: Feb 2004       08-12-2005, 10:28 PM Reply   
Hook up with west coast camps. You will have a great time with Mike and the team. Like Stephan said- great boats, stay on the water for a week and you might even get the chance to see a photo shoot in action.
Old     (player)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-13-2005, 1:27 PM Reply   
projects
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-13-2005, 2:03 PM Reply   
does the projects have a website?

www.wakecoupons.com
Old     (more_betterness)      Join Date: Sep 2004       08-13-2005, 2:22 PM Reply   
projectscamp.com

a great camp is so-cal wakeboard instruction. here is the web site

www.socalwakeboardinstruction.com

His name is brent baum and he is a amazing coach and a great rider too. his number is 951-757-6356 give him a call or check out his site.