Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (duckdiver)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-06-2008, 9:07 AM Reply   
I have no idea what Scott Gooden, Executive Producer of Viscosity is going to name his documentary on wakeboarding, wakeskating, and wakesurfing...I do know, however, that he drove through the night from St. Louis Mo. to film a Midwest group of wakesurfers staying at Norris Lake for the weekend.

The Gordon's hosted their Season Extender once again this October, and Ed Sullivan brought out his beautiful ENZO (5hr. plus drive! Thanks ED!). Scott was either a really good sport about all our stunts or he was extremely impressed with the ingenuity of the group. Leave it to ROY, ED, and JACK to master an impromptu 'spine' for Kaylee's video part. Or Roy's three part camera angle sequence for all the best angles from a chase boat. And Corey and Robbie's doubles ride...yes, thats what I said, two riders, two boards, one wake (pictures to come). It was an exciting weekend for everyone involved as you can imagine. I havn't even mentioned Loni's incredible Mexican Feast Saturday night. Or the fact that Scott mic'ed us up for interviews late into the night. It was very surreal and down to earth all at the same time. Scott's interviewing skill is amazing and as Corey so eloquently put it, "That guy was made for the job"! Scott really is a class act...so if you get a random e-mail and call about a film maker named Scott Gooden, who wants to film YOU...say YES!

Due to unforeseen events we were unable to meet up with the Endless Break Boys. Although they couldn't find their way into the back country of TN. they still know how to ship a few surf boards via UPS! Thanks guys and we can't wait to get out and ride our new boards!

Josh @ 77 Marina had planned to bring out one of the ENZOs from World's. His family has had a tough couple of weeks and we are praying for the full recovery of his wife and newborn baby girl! There are plenty of surf weekends to come Josh and you are always welcome!

With so many personalities and characters in our sport it is no wonder there are minor squabbles here and there. We each see things from our unique vantage point; often a very creative and or technical vantage point. Despite all that, it is always amazing to gather as a group with a common drive to wakesurf. This is the binder that breaches all gaps, surf or skim, goofy or regular, this boat or that! At the end of the conversation we are all still willing to jump in the same boat and surf the ENDLESS BREAK until are legs are jello and are hearts are full!

I am grateful to everyone who made this event possible and I dedicate this post to all those who have invented, on the fly, a new way to wakesurf that made you laugh out loud. And just as soon as ROB G from Tennessee posts our pictures from this weekend...please post your own and all the positive reasons as to why you LOVE wakesurfing and who knows maybe you'll end up in the next documentary...SURFAHOLIC!

Noelle Snyder
Old     (norris_laker)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-06-2008, 11:06 AM Reply   
This was a fabulous weekend. Everybody was showing off their best for Scott the videographer. Probably the highlight for me was the accidental spine. We were filming from a chase boat most of the afternoon. Kayley was doing her best Bri impersonation.
Upload
Upload

She fell out of Ed's wake and to everybody's amazement we caught her in the chase boat wake. We had accidentally created a spine. Kay got turned around and was riding the spine backward. She was screaming with excitement and since she was backwards she had no idea what was going on!
Upload
Since we now knew we could create a spine, we tried it a few more times.
Upload
Kayley was able to bury herself in the foam and then the foam would shoot her forward.
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Here is a new version of the superman.
Upload
Corey and Rob twin surfing. Don't they look cute in their matching vests they won for finishing first and third at the Worlds
Upload
Upload

This is one of my favorite pictures from the weekend.
Upload

Since Rob took most of the pictures, I'll let him post his favorite pictures from the weekend.
Old     (notsobueno)      Join Date: Dec 2004       10-06-2008, 12:15 PM Reply   
Awesome.
Old     (wakesurf_ohio)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-06-2008, 1:33 PM Reply   
picture time :-)
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

(Message edited by wakesurf_ohio on October 06, 2008)
Old     (wakesurf_ohio)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-06-2008, 1:38 PM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (notsobueno)      Join Date: Dec 2004       10-06-2008, 2:01 PM Reply   
Awesome again.
Old     (wakesurf_ohio)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-06-2008, 2:06 PM Reply   
yes it was.. thanks!
Old    surfdad            10-06-2008, 2:08 PM Reply   
Great fun! Robbie you're boostin'! :-) I have to ask about that one picture, I think it's Aspen on the little Calibrated board. It looks like the boat is barely moving and she's already up and riding. Is that what happened? She just pops up and rides - almost before the slack is out of the rope. :-) That is too cute for words. :-)
Old     (wakesurf_ohio)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-06-2008, 2:21 PM Reply   
I'm trying! That is Kay and yes that is exactly what happened. I am not sure if you remember or not but she was standing up on the longboard and being pushed by the wind! It takes nothing for those little kids!
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       10-06-2008, 7:53 PM Reply   
Big thanks to the Gordon’s for once again hosting the Midwest Mob at your Amazing oasis. Roy and Loni are such wonderful hosts and friends. All the stuff that Noelle said all over again.

Robbie’s photography is truly wonderful. Darned if I can figure out how he get’s all that air.

On the way back I told Jack that the invitations to Lake Norris are worth all the effort putting on events during the summer.

Noelle, we have to get the other Kory on line and start planning 2009 wakesurf events. More to come in a few days – keep an eye out on your email. Let’s “Surf Ohio”

SD, Kay lakes a slow pull up. The boat is hardly moving and she’s up.
Old     (hawaj)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-06-2008, 10:02 PM Reply   
double wave is sick
Old     (bac)      Join Date: Feb 2008       10-07-2008, 9:46 AM Reply   
Awesome pics Rob!!! Looks like y'all had a great time

Hey Ed, how does that new board with the inlay ride?
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       10-07-2008, 5:07 PM Reply   
TX, The board rides great for me and I believe Corey likes it too. However, it looks to be too large for Noelle. That's unfortunate because I made it for her.