Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old    floridaboarida            07-06-2003, 3:30 PM Reply   
Hey I'm having some troubles on landing my hellside 180. Im getting up there and turning good but i fall backwards when I land. I just need to stick my landing to go to the next move. THANKS in advance
Old     (tantrum999)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-06-2003, 3:49 PM Reply   
If your not getting it Then it can be one of 3 things in my opinion.
1. cutting too hard to the wake which causes you to have a near straight arm when landing which pulls you back to the boat. Take a steady cut and just try to pop straight up and dont think about reaching the other side, it will just happen.
2. Not turning around far enough away from the boat, this is a common problem realy land cutting away on a "light" toe edge with your handle in close to your body, turn the handle down as if you were putting a screwdriver into your back pocket.
3. on landing you must be looking away from the boat. If you look at your landing point your shoulders end squared up and you end up on your butt.

let me know what your position or what your feeling when trying this trick.

good luck.
Old                07-07-2003, 6:44 AM Reply   
Can you inside out 180? These are a good starting point for w2w 180's.
Old                07-11-2003, 12:50 PM Reply   
I had real problems landing my HS 180s till I started letting go with the trailing hand. Now I land them in the flats, no problem. If you hold on with the rear hand, your body position will be wrong and make it hard to stick the landing.
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-14-2003, 8:53 PM Reply   
another thing that may help on the hs 180s. first, do what potter said and land with one hand. then turn that hand down, thumb pointed directly at the water. this rotates your shoulders forward and helps keep your weight going in that direction.

being able to ride switch and feeling comfortable in that position also helps greatly.
Old                01-16-2004, 10:38 PM Reply   
hey guys i need help with my 360, i just cant get the feeling of passing the rope around. Can u guys give me some tips ?
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       01-16-2004, 11:10 PM Reply   
Practice the handle pass over and over again on dry land. Get the feeling of pulling the rope to initiate the spin, then passing the handle to the small of your back. Once you've done this a lot (it's great if you can practice it on a tramp too) then try it out on the water. If you can, get video of your attempt and then watch it in slow motion.
Old     (canaday)      Join Date: Dec 2002 Location: Hawthorne       01-20-2004, 7:28 AM Reply   
Yeah, pull with 2 hands, and don't let go till you grab it with your other hand.
Old                01-28-2004, 2:09 PM Reply   
Sean, I did just what you said to do last weekend. I got tired of losing the handle and said, "Damnit, I'm not letting go with my right hand until my left hand has the handle - even if I end up landing wrapped".

Well, I hit that particular attempt a little harder than I wanted to, rotated a little slower than I wanted too, saw the boat as I came around, then, watched the boat go back out of my vision as the rope unwound me. haha

Of course I didnt land it and luckily I let go before my arm got pulled over the back of my head. I did look like a cat thrown out of a window with all of my flailing about. So I got that going for me.
Old     (drewsmug)      Join Date: Jul 2003       02-01-2004, 10:27 AM Reply   
since we've moved on to three's I thought i would give my two cents worth of advice. While learning my 3's I found when they say you have to pull the handle, it's not just to start the rotation. When i say pull the handle in addition I am also literally pulling myself a little forward too. That way you take some slack out of the rope. If you don't do this you'll have straight arms and the trick is to pass the handle close against your back. I hope that made sense. If not just ask for clarification questions.