Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old    atx_shred            06-24-2014, 3:02 PM Reply   
The 2014 bill board seems to be the only legit ronix cable board. A lot of people at the parks are using it lately. Anyone know how it rides?
Old     (Ttime41)      Join Date: Nov 2011       06-24-2014, 4:07 PM Reply   
I would definitely go a different direction if you're looking for a board just for cable. Its completely stiff throughout, not very playful, and the only way you can press it on a rail is by leaning onto one of the giant 3 stages. I haven't personally risen ronix's other cable options, but from what I hear the Schnook is a good cable board, and there are a ton of other brands that offer top notch boards for cable riding. To me the Bill has always been a subpar shape for boat and cable that consistently has eye-catching graphics or gimmicks (i.e 2011 Bill with the mustache). Just my opinion though, your style may fit it better than mine.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-24-2014, 6:16 PM Reply   
Have you ridden the new bill shape? It is the softest in the line up(more flex than either schnook). And it has a super mellow rocker line, almost continuous. I ride the bill at the park and the William off the wake.

If I could only own one board it would be the Bill.
Old     (Ttime41)      Join Date: Nov 2011       06-24-2014, 7:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiboarder View Post
Have you ridden the new bill shape? It is the softest in the line up(more flex than either schnook). And it has a super mellow rocker line, almost continuous. I ride the bill at the park and the William off the wake.

I haven't and I was actually unaware that they had changed the shape. My comments were regarding the original Bill shape, my bad.
Old     (alyyybo)      Join Date: Jun 2014       06-24-2014, 8:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiboarder View Post

How do you like the William? How does it ride? Do you have last years or this years model?
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-25-2014, 6:00 AM Reply   
I like my 2013 Bill for the cable, the schnook was good as WELL, ACTUALLY HAVE A 13 SCHNOOK FOR SALE IN THE CLASSIFIEDS, BUT THE BILL FIT MY STYLE AT THE PARK BETTER..I have heard the 14 bill has more flex in the tip and tail for presses but that's the only difference from the 13 other than graphics..
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-25-2014, 6:34 AM Reply   
I'm riding 2013s for both models. I was told there was a difference between the years, but I felt nothing other than my 13 Bill is more broke-in.

The William is a fierce machine. It is amazing how much more power you can get off the wake just by changing the core materials. That said, It is a little stiff for the park. I have buddies that roll with it, but I definitely prefer the Bill at the park. Now, if I was to only choose one for both, I would probably go Bill.

Below is all my opinion:
In the Ronix line, the two easiest boards to ride are the Bill/William and the Code 22. They are both very constant, predictable and pop well. Where they diverge is that the Code is built more for riders with smooth progressive edges on all tricks. Wake to wake or to the flats it likes a smooth turn and a driving edge through the wake. The Bill/william on the other hand is a little more dynamic. It can accelerate and brake faster than the code and goes edge to edge a little quicker. I've ridden both back to back and rode both great. The Bill just happens to suit my style a little better. My buddy (expert rider) said the exact thing about the Code. I've ridden all of the other boards in the line up (less the new Parks) and they were all fun to ride, but the other shapes were a little more specialized and built more for a specific type of rider. IMO, the Bill/Willam and the Code cover more riders well.