Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (mroy)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-01-2010, 5:15 AM Reply   
This kid is finally getting a little exposure. I've shot stills with him the past year but he finally put a little vid together from the projects...

http://www.thewakeplace.com/?p=842
Old     (ilboarder12)      Join Date: May 2009       06-01-2010, 1:52 PM Reply   
the boardslide/270 tailpress cross the slingshot rail was deerrrty
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-01-2010, 2:48 PM Reply   
he MURDERS the rails. Nice
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       06-01-2010, 3:44 PM Reply   
That was SICK.

Anybody know the story on that MASSIVE black Gab rail in the background??? Its when he is hitting the 100 foot slingshot rail.
Old     (kyle_L)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-01-2010, 6:10 PM Reply   
Super sick video, really makes me want to get out there with one of those flex boards and give er a whirl.
Andy if i remember correctly, it was a gap that Chad or Danny, or both hit for one of the older films shot at the pj's. I believe Chad got a cover shot of it and if i'm thinking of the right video, the falls were absolutely epic. That road is about 15 feet wide, and i think the launch rail is 10 feet or so. It was built during the days when Rusty was hitting those insanely big Fox gaps breaking 5 boards a set and the pointless guys were just inventing what could be built out of a rail and the hits you can make on one. One of my favorite clips ever was Parks hitting that gap rail in pointless frontside 450 to 270 out. Pretty much the first 7 ever done on a rail not spinny on a rail style.

People also forget that parks was the first guy to switch up his direction on a rail going from a boardslide into an ollie backlip with all those nose pick/taps on the end of the rail. The man is just such an innovator. I truly feel grateful getting to watch him in his prime and have a few opportunities to see him ride the boat and cable in person. Most people don't know this but Parks was one of the best in the world at flats tricks and if he went out right now, he still would be. I feel sorry for the people that got into the sport to late to see his dominance and progression, but they still get the chance now and then to see him in a rail contest that he always manages to podium or win probably after not hitting rails for a few months.

Don't get me wrong, I love the fluidity and control that has come to be the new rail style, but i would take Parks ollie backlipping onto a rail that maybe only Lidberg, Errington, or Lyman (can ollie higher than most onto rails) and do the perfect full force facial grimacing backlip and just stomping it down like the water is his b*tch. I also love his switch toeside ollie gap 450s like i said before over something no one else would dare to spin that much, stomping on the rail almost appearing out of control (but being in more control than probably anyone) and taking it to 7.
Old     (kyle_L)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-01-2010, 6:32 PM Reply   

And still chargin...this is just mind boggling
Old     (kwipp)      Join Date: Jan 2009       06-03-2010, 7:52 PM Reply   
Yeah trev killin it like always!