Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through June 22, 2004

Old     (masonwakerider)      Join Date: May 2003       05-20-2004, 6:00 PM Reply   
I bought a couple of simers and now i need to know how to wire them to a switch so that i can have fill and empty on the same switch. simaler to factory switches. I bought the ancor led switches and they have seven terminals on the back numbered 1 2 3 down the left colum and 7 4 5 6 down the right colum how would i wire this to work. I knew their was a post like this where the guy couldnt get the led's on the switchs to light but i searched and cant find it.
Thanks
David
Old    sub_zero            05-20-2004, 8:44 PM Reply   
When I wired my pumps in I used the switch to power solonoids that in turn swithced the pump on. The reason for this is so I didn't have to run heavy wire from the switch to the pump. Light wire from switch to solonoid, heavy wire from solonoid to pump. Of course, the solonoid has to reverse the polarity going to the pump to allow it to run in reverse. I don't remember how I did this, but if you don't get a response from someone who knows, I will look at my boat this weekend and send you a diagram.
Old     (masonwakerider)      Join Date: May 2003       05-21-2004, 12:03 AM Reply   
I found the other post it was on wakeboarder.com the switches are not the exact so i dont know if it will work. my switches also have one more terminal. heres a link to the post http://forums.wakeboarder.com/viewtopic.php?t=23027&highlight=wire+led
Old     (yooper)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-21-2004, 5:31 AM Reply   
Here is how I did it.

Old     (yooper)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-21-2004, 5:33 AM Reply   
My system uses a single pole-double throw switch. I don't think it will work with the switches you have. My wiring works perfect, though.
Old    sub_zero            05-21-2004, 6:11 AM Reply   
David may have double pole, double throw switches, with an extra wire for the led. If that's the case, just use one side of the double pole and it should work fine.
Old     (masonwakerider)      Join Date: May 2003       05-21-2004, 4:48 PM Reply   
with the numbers wired
1 4
2 5
3 6
After looking at the other post it looks as if they you wire +pump to 1 and 6, -pump to 4, and 3 and then wire +battery to 2 and - battery to 5. 7 is to power the leds i think so just run one more +battery wire to it. Do you think that this should work with out frying some thing?
David
Old     (parkcityxj)      Join Date: Mar 2001       05-21-2004, 4:55 PM Reply   
How necessary are relays? My simer works fine w/o any. Will I gain anything if I use them?
Old    hustlerposse            05-21-2004, 5:39 PM Reply   
I don't use relays either and I havent had any problems. I just went direcly to the pumps with a slightly heavier gage wire.
Old    whitevlx            05-21-2004, 7:34 PM Reply   
Not sure what the LRC (locked rotor current) is on those pumps, but be sure you have some sort of fuse in the line.
Old     (masonwakerider)      Join Date: May 2003       05-22-2004, 12:30 AM Reply   
the simers come with a built in fuse in the wire, im pretty sure that it is 20 amps but i'll check again.
Old     (masonwakerider)      Join Date: May 2003       05-22-2004, 7:40 PM Reply   
In case anyone else was wondering i e-mailed Ancor, the company who makes my switches and they told me that how i was going to wire them was correct. So next week end the ballast system is going in. Two simers filling two 540 BG sacs with covers filled and emptyed from the dash with no valves to open, and 350LBs of lead in the bow of the centurion. I work at a Fisheries Supply, marine store in seattle, and we sold every thing i needed execpt the sacs and i got the sacs on sale so im real happy with how this is turning out.