Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (pacifichigh)      Join Date: Jun 2008       09-22-2010, 11:37 AM Reply   
Just got it in the mail and it didn't come with any instructions. Anyone use one?

Think it goes down under the bottom strap with the wide part on your shin under the brace?????
Old     (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       09-22-2010, 12:09 PM Reply   
im curious about this too
Old     (Luker)      Join Date: Feb 2010       09-22-2010, 12:25 PM Reply   
Velcro it just under your knee about 2 inches below the cap, with the long piece running down your shin. Personally, I took the padding built into the bottom part of the brace off, flipped it upside down and adhered it to the top part of my brace (on my thigh), then I put some velcro on the bottom part of the brace so it secures the brace to the AMS. Works like a charm.
Old     (Snooze)      Join Date: Sep 2010       09-22-2010, 1:44 PM Reply   
Where can you order this upgrade? I have CTI's from my motocross days that I'd like to convert over for the water.
Old     (aliwake)      Join Date: Dec 2006       09-22-2010, 4:05 PM Reply   
you're definitely meant to remove the padding from the bottom part of your brace, then do what Luker described. Just strap it on below your knee, then put the brace over the top.
Mine came with one originally, but I've never used it. It just so happens I was playing around with it the other day though. let us know if you think it's useful!
I'm pretty sure mine has instructions, might see if I can scan them for you or something, if you're interested?

Snooze, you only need to use the AMS if the brace is slipping down, but mine never did. the trick is to wet the straps before you put it on, because they stretch when they're wet. You shouldn't need to do anything to start using yours in the water. look up 'ossur' if you want to order parts though.
Old     (Snooze)      Join Date: Sep 2010       09-22-2010, 6:30 PM Reply   
Since I used mine for motocross they have the knee cups. When I remove those there is Velcro left on the inside of the lower part of the brace that would be very uncomfortable. Am I supposed to remove the Velcro and just have the bare frame against my shin???
Old     (aliwake)      Join Date: Dec 2006       09-22-2010, 8:59 PM Reply   
ahh, i wasn't sure how the knee cups attached. in the brace without them, there's usually a vaguely 'Y' shaped pad that slots into the lower part, covering the velcro.
actually, I happen to have a pic, will try to attach,
Attached Images

Old     (aliwake)      Join Date: Dec 2006       09-22-2010, 9:32 PM Reply   
I had a whole bag of random extra sleeves and pads and accessories from when I first got my brace - are you sure you don't have those Y pads stashed away somewhere? Given the knee pads are meant to be optional/removable it would be pretty slack if they didn't give you the pads too!
Old     (Snooze)      Join Date: Sep 2010       09-23-2010, 6:55 AM Reply   
I've got a bag full of odds and ends as well, but nothing else that would fit in that spot. Mostly just straps and other do dads. I certainly don't have anything padded like in that pic. I guess I'll just have to contact the company and get some ordered. Thanks for the help, fellas.
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-24-2010, 11:01 AM Reply   
I know a sales rep for them and he also worked for a neoprene company. He actually advised me against the anti migration system for wakeboarding and had a couple custom ones made through his neoprene company that wouldnt move at all when they were in they got wet. My knee brace never slid down but over time the neoprene wears out. Ive gone through about 3 of those and two sets of straps. It looks like they have improved the system from what it was 5 years ago when I first got mine. The major difference in his custom one was that his system actually had its own strap and then the knee brace strapped over it. The one pictured above does not.
Old     (aliwake)      Join Date: Dec 2006       09-26-2010, 5:34 PM Reply   
The one pictured above is just the standard pad - not the anti-migration strap!