Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 23, 2009

Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-19-2009, 2:20 PM Reply   
Yet another crazy idea to go along with the indoor wake stuff... well sorta.
I have thought of this one before, i think when i first saw the Josh Sanders vid hitting the massive rail built over the house boathttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGnDAJg03mM. or maybe i thought of it after the wake barge thing... anyway

So what about a houseboat that was (re)designed to be wakeboarder specific.
* a wall ride built into one side or one that would fold down so the interior of the boat, windows to see out, and such would not have to be sacrificed to create a good angle
* a rail on the other side.
* a giant fold down/up A frame sort of thing over the entire house boat.

boat where you want to and take the rails and sleeping quarters where you want.

now if we can just find a houseboat company willing to sponsor this kind of thing beyond just the the savings of rentals. OR just a lot of $$ to modify one (something i dream of every time i see an old houseboat for sale around town ;)
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-19-2009, 2:22 PM Reply   
Insurance nightmare.

Good idea though just not in this economy.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-19-2009, 2:30 PM Reply   
I think i thought of a nice design, especially for my un-educated-in-mechanics mind.

three slider-friendly surfaces (the same dimensions as the boat top) could be stored up top. One would stay on the roof. two would be able to slide out to the front and the back and pivot down to make the "giant a frame" sorta thing, probably about 150' +\- of slider surface for it.

the wall ride can just be stored on the side and pivot up for the desired angle. OR a fourth surface can be up top and just slide to the side and pivot down.

It might render the roof useless for "chillaxing" up top... unless all this was to replace the roof above that.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-19-2009, 2:32 PM Reply   
sure would be a nice thing to have for the big events each year, bro stock(s), wakestock, etc.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       01-19-2009, 2:39 PM Reply   
Yeah, just turn all the sliders store up top into shade for topside. Also, make the wall with plexiglass windows so that when it's folded against the side of the houseboat, you can still look out the windows. Plus, when you tilt it out for wall ride use, people can go underneath it and watch the rider from a very cool angle!
Old     (lfadam)      Join Date: Nov 2008       01-19-2009, 3:00 PM Reply   
Sick idea with the plexiglass wall ride.
Old     (supraride)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-19-2009, 3:00 PM Reply   
Dave, Thats a great idea. I really like the wall ride . Now all we need is some one to do this and invite us all out for fun.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       01-19-2009, 3:35 PM Reply   
I'm sure that Don from Liquid Force is about to get on here and tell us that they already have the plexi wall ride ready to go for Brostock at Powell in June!! :-)
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-19-2009, 3:59 PM Reply   
^^^^ that'd be nice... I just checked LF.com for any news on the brostock. looks like the 2nd one will be in ITALY! Wow!
Old     (wallaced)      Join Date: Feb 2003       01-19-2009, 6:07 PM Reply   
hahaha... Classic! I wish I could say we'd already got this in the works for BROstock, but we don't... you guys do come up with some crazy and cool stuff! After seeing this post, I might have to get the BROstock crew working on this!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-20-2009, 3:21 AM Reply   
I know where an old houseboat just sits down the road from me....its big and in pretty okay shape... last I saw they wanted 3,000 for it.
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-20-2009, 10:10 AM Reply   
See if you can find Red Bull "Adrift" It was put out a few years ago and they took several wakeskaters and built a huge slider out of a barge. Not exactly what you are talking about, but they had a couple of options on which rail you could hit and the inside of the barge was a pool.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-20-2009, 6:23 PM Reply   
^^^ Ya i did see that, that was one thing that partially inspired me... mostly it has just been seeing all the houseboats around here and thinking of all the slider projects i have ever seen and putting it all together and wishing i could!
then i'd invite a bunch of wakeboarders and theyd have more than a good reason to come ;)