Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 21, 2006

Old     (chqwakeboarder)      Join Date: May 2006       06-21-2006, 6:46 AM Reply   
These two boats seem very similar. We own an X2 (X1) so i've ridden behind that. I've also ridden behind a an older SAN (at least a 98') several years ago. I don't remember that day well though. So are the SAN 210 and the X1 comprable boats, or is it just me?
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-21-2006, 6:55 AM Reply   
SAN 210 is a great boat, but the one I rode in the wake was different than the X1. The SAN wake is more verticle, it looked straight up to me. The X1 is more rampy than the 210. Either way, they are both great boats, and it comes down to what you like best. I prefer the X1(X2) wake so that is what I bought.
Old     (okwakebdr)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-21-2006, 7:20 AM Reply   
Of course, you should ride behind and test drive both boats.

I sold my '01 X-Star (X-2 X-1) for an '05 SAN 210. They are both great boats. The SAN seemed to be built more solidly than the '01 X-Star (but they were 4 model years apart also). I prefer the wake of the SAN, but the biggest thing that made me change was the dealers. I was unhappy with the MasterCraft dealer, the Nautique dealer was (and still is) GREAT! I doubt I'd ever buy a boat from anyone else. When it really comes down to decision time, if you still can't decide - go with the best dealership.
Old     (dizzyj)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-21-2006, 9:08 AM Reply   
hmm...steak or lobster for dinner.

tough choice
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-21-2006, 9:55 AM Reply   
When boat shopping, my final two were a SAN and an X-2(now the X-1). I would have been happy with either boat. Final decision came down to dealer and price.
Old     (eaglejackson)      Join Date: Oct 2004       06-21-2006, 7:19 PM Reply   
I have a 05 X-2 and have ridden in a SAN 210 many times. They are both great boats. The 210 wake is steeper and gives you quite a kick into the air. The boats are similar in that they are purpose built hard core boats. They don't have the interior space of some newer boats -- they are meant to take a crew out wakeboarding.

Actually, the X-2 (now X-1) is an excellent cross-over boat, too, for water skiing. Which is why I bought an X-2, since my son skis. Though my conversion of him to a boarder is progressing well.

The two boats at the top of my list are a SAN 210 and X-2/X-1. Not sure which order.

(Message edited by eaglejackson on June 21, 2006)
Old     (bigworm)      Join Date: Dec 2004       06-22-2006, 4:15 AM Reply   
i have spent alot of time in both boats and own a 210. it has a little more room than the x2/x1. i felt that is handled and rode better than the mc. also the time i rode behind the 210 more, my riding progressed faster than the stretch of time when i was riding behind the mc. but it really does come down to the dealership... i wouldnt by a mc ever just because of the service dept at the dealer in my area or the lack there of.
Old    RED SIN            06-22-2006, 3:55 PM Reply   
Norm do you realize that everybody out here knows you and that you worked at ski world and you swore up and down about how mastercraft was better than any other boat. You were even in the process of buying one when I spoke with you last. Now you work for hammers and you are preaching 210 this and 210 that. You sound like a used car salesman.
Old     (bigworm)      Join Date: Dec 2004       06-22-2006, 9:58 PM Reply   
wow such hostility, yes i know everyone knows i worked at skiworld and i never said that mastercraft were the best boats, sorry that you misunderstood me... yes they are good they have some strengths and weeknesses thier strength compared to the 210 would be price and storage. the x1 is a great boat and its proven as is the 210 but if i had extra money id get a 210 and i did and i did.

there is always that saying, "once a nautique owner always a nautique owner".

ftr, i only work for jim hammer 1 day a week 2 times a month.
Old     (bigworm)      Join Date: Dec 2004       06-22-2006, 10:00 PM Reply   
oh **** damn hervey i didnt know that was you whats up man shoot me a pm sometime.
Old    RED SIN            06-22-2006, 11:22 PM Reply   
What up norm, how you been just throwin some jibs! It's all good. When you gonna call me and let a big boy ride the world class wake?
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-23-2006, 12:17 AM Reply   
06 x-2....really nice ride...