Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 08, 2007

Old     (bigwaken2009)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-25-2007, 3:36 PM Reply   
Just got my new bindings in the mail...so I opened them up and wanted to try them on. I took some water and drenched the inside. I then began to grab the nylon strap to loosed the top laces , and discovered you have to pull really hard to get them loose (I dont want the laces to break). Will this go away once I get the whole bindings wet. I also noticed the the locking part for the top is also hard to move back and forth again. Does any one else have this problem?
Old     (jermiside)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-25-2007, 4:56 PM Reply   
Taylor, check this vid from C-Dub website.
http://www.ridecwb.com/2007/video_gallery.php?id_prd=30
It becomes easier to pull the nylon release strap once you used it a few times. It locks in the UP position and doesn't have to move very far since the lace is narrow.

Several of my crew swear by the Zues'.
Old     (phat_in_cincy)      Join Date: May 2003       06-25-2007, 6:01 PM Reply   
Don't forget to re-tie the upper lace knot! I read about it and then when mine came I was glad I was informed.

Check out the thread here.
Old     (bigwaken2009)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-27-2007, 4:19 PM Reply   
Just tested out thenew bindings...very tight..is it just because there not broken in yet?
Old     (shon_g)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-27-2007, 4:30 PM Reply   
Yes. Give them a few rides. Once they breakin they will be the most comfortable boot ever. Remember to push the lock back when you want to losen them up.
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-27-2007, 4:38 PM Reply   
eh...ditch the recoil and put a standard lace in there. or at least keep a replacement Recoil thing handy for when it breaks.

and yeah, very snug is a good thing because they will soften up as they break in.
Old     (phat_in_cincy)      Join Date: May 2003       06-27-2007, 5:34 PM Reply   
From my experience:
My first couple runs in them felt awesome. The next couple I couldn't ride for more than 15mins before my feet were killing me. The difference? Lube. I initially used lube, then stopped. I found out w/o lube my feet weren't sliding enough forward and then when I 'hinged' them up my foot kinda got all scrunched up.
So now I make sure my feet are forward in the binding. If I feel the heel plate 'push' my foot, I'll 'walk' my toes/foot forward.
Old     (bigwaken2009)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-27-2007, 7:47 PM Reply   
ill try it
Old     (boardnman)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-28-2007, 5:00 AM Reply   
i just changed my recoil overlay to the 06 version overlay. To me it stays much tighter when riding up against my ankles and seems alot more effective... but on the other hand i broke 3 of the recoils in like 2 weeks. so i was tired of changing them halfway through a run.
Old     (aubuchon03)      Join Date: May 2007       06-29-2007, 9:41 AM Reply   
I concur - did the same thing.
However CWB sent me new overlays that matched.

Big Ups for CWB customer service.
Old     (cbaird)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-29-2007, 10:21 AM Reply   
A little rant about the 07 zues-

I'm a cwb guy but the 07 zues was a ton of frustration after the second time they broke (coil thing) I threw up my hands and bought some Shanes (my first LF binding). The 07 had real good foot hold but the ankle on up was real loose, far looser then the 06 and I never felt I could get the top lace on the 07 tight enough and it always felt that it go loose even though I pushed the little do-hicky. Also, I kept doing something to my right thumb after latching, it would slip off and hit the rubber molded emblem and it tear the skin off my thumb above the knuckle.

Not to talk anyone out of the Zues because they are a good binding (even better without the gizmos) but the LF stuff is just more advanced and I'm sure CWB will follow very shortly. It's alot different sliding your foot into a boot and not having it secured with a rubber band like all the tradional bindings.
Old     (shon_g)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-29-2007, 10:28 AM Reply   
You can get non recoil raps from your local dealer if your not into the recoil. I have them on mine and they are great.
Old     (boardnman)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-29-2007, 11:11 AM Reply   
I am in the process of changing my recoil raps over to the non recoil version but i have spent about 5 hours trying to get them back together its near immpossible, so you guys know the technique to changing the wraps?