Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 22, 2006

Old     (dkmode34)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-09-2006, 9:56 PM Reply   
has anyone ever ridden a joyride dr death 139. I just picked one up off of ebay for cheap. wanting to know something about it.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-09-2006, 11:01 PM Reply   
I believe it is the same (or at least very similar) to the old Origin Skull which was a great board.

If I remeber correctly the edge/rails are turned down or cupped. That board cuts super hard.

Derek Conway won Jr. Mens Nationals on that board I think.
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-10-2006, 7:19 AM Reply   
Thats right, Derek rode that board and he loved it. It goes out, not up.
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       05-10-2006, 8:11 AM Reply   
That was the best board ever, i have one sitting in my apartment for a rainy day. I used to ride the skull but I kept breaking them, and picked up a dr death on ebay a few years later. SOOO POPPY
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-10-2006, 8:15 AM Reply   
If I'm not mistaken the Joyride version was much stiffer than the Origin verson due to the p-tex (sp?).
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-10-2006, 9:02 AM Reply   
I have ridden a couple of the older orgin boards when living out in Disco. I agree with J-Rod. IMO definately a board that tests your edging skills / cuts super hard & ensures you know how to edge correctly with the cupped rails.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-10-2006, 9:13 AM Reply   
I have the original board, the Origin Weddington. That board was sweet and yes it has some hard down turned rails. It rode and popped great but damn that thing lands like a ton of bricks. I have all three of Origins original shape, my 134 Aloha has the Ptex, what a great idea.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-10-2006, 9:18 AM Reply   
I thought the Ptex flexed a little too much.
Old     (dkmode34)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-10-2006, 3:43 PM Reply   
so im really trying to learn a raley right now but i just cant get on it (speed) on my transcend so im looking to just get a board to really be able to buckle down and freakin get some speed. so does it have pop.
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-10-2006, 4:10 PM Reply   
you should be able to do a raily on the transcend. Plus the pop will be much better for the raily then the orgin will. The transcend will pop you straight up when used correctly. I rode that board and railys are possable on it.
Old     (dkmode34)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-10-2006, 4:40 PM Reply   
ya but i'm still trying to perfect edging skills etc. the inverts i know don't really require and edge like the raley. plus i need a slider board and it was like 73 bucks brand new.
Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-12-2006, 5:30 AM Reply   
I had the Origin Aloha 134 with the P-tex bottom. It was a great board....I still wish I had it for sliders.
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-12-2006, 7:35 AM Reply   
The one thing I will say about Joyride/Origin, is that you had better buy them in bulf. They break so easily. Great designs though.
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-12-2006, 7:35 AM Reply   
BULK...not bulf
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-12-2006, 8:20 AM Reply   
I would think a slower board would be better for raleys. You don't really need speed.
Old     (dkmode34)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-12-2006, 1:29 PM Reply   
well ill see if i can get the vid up of my first attempt and c what you think. i think my body naturally wants to do a krypt but i think its bc im not looking directly towards the boat so my body is twisting in the direction of where im looking.
Old     (dkmode34)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-13-2006, 7:44 PM Reply   
i rode this board to day (dr death) and it made me appreciate CWB for what they are doing with their stuff. i have always ridden the absolute and transcend and after getting on that joyride it just felt like sooooooo much work to get soooooo little pop. id take pop over fast any day. im sticken with my transcend
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-13-2006, 8:04 PM Reply   
I rode the Origin Skull for a while, and I liked it a lot, it just seemed to land pretty hard. It' had a huge 3 stage rocker for it's day.