Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (xtremebordgurl)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-28-2004, 3:30 PM Reply   
What do you think? Can you post some examples? What are your fav. features? Any info/feedback anyone can give on this camera would be greatly appreciated. Thanx a bunch.
Old                05-28-2004, 7:16 PM Reply   
i was/am thinking of getting this. The only reason im questioning myself is because on newegg.com they have the canon 10D for like $75 more. I dont have any pictures but http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/forum.asp?forum=1034
will definatly have tons of pictures.
Old                06-01-2004, 8:17 AM Reply   
I got the D70 about a 3 weeks agao. It is great. I will post some pictures later. It is very easy to use, pictures are great, and battery life is fantastic. I get about 1250-1500 pictures per charge.
Old                06-07-2004, 5:29 PM Reply   
FWIW since this post was more than a week ago...

I just moved up to the D70 from a Sony F707 digicam.

I can't say enough good things about this camera for boarding shots. The kit lens is nice but not that long for getting tight shots of boarders at 75'-- I picked up a Sigma APO 70-300mm Super Macro II zoom lens for it and it was just what I was looking for. Better than other lenses in the price range (bought and returned a Tamron zoom before getting the Sigma).

Some highlights--
- zero shutter lag. It's a DSLR. I hit the shutter release and get the pic I want. I guess if you're considering a 10D or other DSLR this isn't an issue
- great continuous shooting for a prosumer DSLR - about 3fps shooting
- great RAW mode shooting. NEF images are around 5MB and are great for post processing using Nikon Capture or Photoshop CS.
- low noise up to ISO 1600
- great kit lens for all around use-- much sharper and faster than the 300D's kit lens, not sure what 10D's are bundled with or if a kit is even being considered for you
- really fast overall-- the spooling of pics to the card are done off a fast buffer so the camera is really responsive even with slower CF storage cards. the UI is fast, and changing settings (for me) has become second nature. I hate waiting for my camera.

Having used a 10D and a 300D I think I made the right choice with the D70. Of course, with any of these, your photos are still only as good as your lens(es). So now I'm a "Nikon guy" and invested in Nikon compatible lenses. Something to consider.

Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       06-08-2004, 5:16 AM Reply   
Cliff,

You are hooked now! Warning: don't go near a D2H!