Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 07, 2004

Old    r_dub            05-26-2004, 11:44 AM Reply   
Looking to find some new poeple to ride with in or near Cincy. I have a few friends that ride, but arent really into it. So Im always looking for a 3rd. Or willing to be a 3rd.
Old     (silverlude)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-26-2004, 10:08 PM Reply   
Ryan, try going out to Lawrenceburg In. tanners creek landing or go down on Oh river around Aurora witin 2miles of it .Theres alot of riders and boats. We also ride at Hidden Valley Lake in lawrenceburg, it's private but we are there 2-4 times a week and also go to the Oh river. There are alot of good rids in the area and my son Mack is getting together a contest on the river this summer. Also check out No Wake Marine for contacts for riders lookin for xtras to ride, just offer gas $$$. hope that helps.
Old    r_dub            05-27-2004, 5:03 AM Reply   
Brian, thanks for the info. Hey, is Hidden Valley lake one of those private lakes right off off of 275, right before you get off of the Lawrenceburg exit? I always see those lakes when heading to perfect north, thinking they look really good to ride. Also, I saw a slider at the little lake on Perfect Norths property. I assume it was built for one of the sons or grandsons cuase I heard they snowboard, so I figured they may wakeboard as well. Thank god someone in that family picked up a board! Because Im sure that had something to do with them FINALLY allowing snowboards at their sorry little hill.
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-27-2004, 1:15 PM Reply   
No, Hidden Valley is up in the hills just east of there. You'll see a sign for it on the way to Perfect North. The lake you're referring to is a private lake owned/used by the Cincinnati Ski Club. Mostly used for slalom skiing. Rumeor has it that Chip Perfect is thinking about building a cable park there. That, would be sweet.

Eric
Old    r_dub            05-27-2004, 2:58 PM Reply   
Damn, that would be sweet. Although it would probably be a cable park for skiers only for the first 10 years though, haha. Inside joke!
Old    xtremebordgurl            05-27-2004, 4:15 PM Reply   
Isn't Greg Van Wagnen from Ohio? He is a sick wakeskater, try posting on www.floridawakeboarding.com I'm sure he'll respond.