Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 26, 2006

Old     (ron_starnes)      Join Date: Dec 2003       11-01-2006, 10:21 PM Reply   
O.K. need input and look / pull / drive behind your boat.

Local dealer does not have much left in stock. "All boats sealed up for winter" Looking at S.D. for boat but would like "demo" before I haul my a** down to there to buy. Have cash for gas / whatever you need.

Can go anytime / anyday
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-02-2006, 8:49 AM Reply   
Wait a minute....you are a ready to go buyer, with money, and Cope's won't "unseal" a boat to demo you??

How I hope the new MC guys push Cope right out of the market. I know it won't happen, but it sure would be nice to see someone else represent a quality brand with the proper level of customer service.
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       11-02-2006, 9:21 AM Reply   
check your email
Old     (baschralper)      Join Date: Dec 2001       11-02-2006, 9:41 AM Reply   
something isn't adding up here.....

I don't see them "not" doing a demo on a boat because it's all sealed up for winter. It takes 1/2 an hour to pull off the shrink wrap on the boat.

Have you called Devin, the GM over there to talk about the demo? I'm sure he could take care of the demo issue for you.
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       11-02-2006, 9:50 AM Reply   
I've seen dealer pull out a boat in the middle of winter when it's -10 degrees and go to a body of water that doesn't freeze over due to water flow and "test-drive" the boat...
Old     (ron_starnes)      Join Date: Dec 2003       11-02-2006, 11:07 AM Reply   
Hey Slow down on the Cope bashing, they offered to demo me anytime. I am very fond of Cope's and bought my last boat there. They have always taken very good care of me and are still looking to see if there is something out there that matches my criteria. Im just didn't want to put them through the hassel if I was going to buy a boat from some one else.
Old     (jefefitz)      Join Date: May 2002       11-02-2006, 5:48 PM Reply   
good to hear the time is finallyy coming Ron, just to bad I'm not there to help you out. What doesn't Cope's have that you want? Hope everything is well and good luck on the new ride, you'll love it!
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-06-2006, 7:19 AM Reply   
Hey Ron, if you bought the boat there and was happy, why not call Frank and discuss what you need with him, He is in Santa Clara every day and would love to help. I am not sure if it a color/model problem, btu if anybody can a speicifc boat, Frank can! If you need anything else you can email me personally as well.
Old     (ron_starnes)      Join Date: Dec 2003       11-09-2006, 11:48 PM Reply   
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you guys. I just got to demo my new star today and loved it! The boat is ready to go (thanks Paul!) so were taking tomorrow off to hit Berryessa for the weekend.

Matt / Jeff you guys are totaly correct, GREAT BOAT!

Jason, mad props for DS2 bro. Took me a while to get but great video

Here is a pic of the Starnes Family's new rideUpload
Old     (sangerlover)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-10-2006, 6:50 AM Reply   
Ron-
Congrats on the new X Star! Was the water level way down at Anderson?
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       11-10-2006, 7:22 AM Reply   
I love the color. Good choice on going with the teak and triple axle. That is crazy! Now all you need is a zx5 bimini/rack and a system and your set.

Congrats
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       11-10-2006, 8:17 AM Reply   
that thing is hot!