Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (wakeboardingdad)      Join Date: Aug 2008       05-13-2012, 5:49 PM Reply   
Went to see the Avengers - non 3D. It was a full house and it was great. Lots of one liners and subdued comical remarks. Robert Downey Jr even referenced Point Break in regards to Thor. It really energized the crowd to the point of applause at some of the triumphs of the film.

The special effects were also top notch and left nothing to be desired. We were in the theater for about 2.5 hours and it was never dull. I'd recommend it for anyone from 6 to 60.
Old     (wakeboardingdad)      Join Date: Aug 2008       05-14-2012, 8:34 AM Reply   
Just got a text from my BIL, who went with us, and he said the movie topped one billion this weekend. I guess I stated the obvious and everyone here has already seen the movie.
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       05-14-2012, 9:07 AM Reply   
Yea i took my 5 year old to it this weekend, it was awesome. really funny and lots of action. really slow at the beginning, but built up ALOT. i will say i'm more excited about the last dark knight coming out this summer. dark knight rises will be awesome!
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       05-14-2012, 9:28 AM Reply   
dialogue was great. the huge climax at the end? meh. Just a hole bunch of blowing stuff up. This movie confirmed that I'm just not that in to cgi stuff. I actually fell asleep a couple of times during the action sequences.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-14-2012, 12:13 PM Reply   
Sippi, you are lucky, my 6 year old got freaked out by the Hulk and we had to leave the theater about 5 minutes after he showed up. I guess I'll wait for DVD.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-14-2012, 1:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
dialogue was great. the huge climax at the end? meh. Just a hole bunch of blowing stuff up. This movie confirmed that I'm just not that in to cgi stuff. I actually fell asleep a couple of times during the action sequences.
This is what I'm afraid of. I'd rather watch "The Bridges of Madison County" again than ever see another Transformers movie. Or for that matter another "Iron Man".
Old     (wakeboardingdad)      Join Date: Aug 2008       05-14-2012, 4:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
This is what I'm afraid of. I'd rather watch "The Bridges of Madison County" again than ever see another Transformers movie. Or for that matter another "Iron Man".
John, I was not a fan of the Transformers movies. It was as if they extended the movie 40 minutes just so they could do something "cool" with CG. I didn't feel that way with Avengers, but to each his own.

The new Batman movie does look good and the villian is pretty ominous.
Old     (logan)      Join Date: Dec 2011       05-14-2012, 11:01 PM Reply   
The Avengers...Amazing. New Batman? I'm in line already. Great years for movies.
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       05-15-2012, 6:33 AM Reply   
Ian, yea my son didn't get freaked out at all, but he likes those movies, he likes all the iron man movies and the hulk movie with edward norton so he wasn't freaked out at all.

logan, i am too. i can't wait for that movei, they did an article about it and said they were not leaving it hanging at the end this time, as this was definitely the final film. so there is a definite "conclusion." makes you wonder huh.

yea the only thing i remember about Baine is he was in that batman with uma therman or however you spell her name as the roided up dude and the actor actually died not too long after the old movie from like an overdose of roids or something, had a heart attack. that's just what i heard though. the new baine looks more realistic. they didn't want to use someone that was too fictional like freeze or something, they wanted it to be somewhat real. apparently had a hard time picking a villian but i think they made a good choice with it.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       05-15-2012, 12:24 PM Reply   
I watched it with my son last weekend he had already saw it opening day and as 12 year olds go he couldn't stop talking about it. I thought the film was well done, had some very funny moments and lots of action to keep you interested. OK seriously I'm in love with Black Widow just saying.