Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 13, 2007

Old     (erock_15)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-12-2007, 2:13 PM Reply   
Just wondering who's goin to the rail jam at the MC Boats place in Conway, AR this saturday.
Old     (jnewton7)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-13-2007, 5:55 AM Reply   
We'll be there erock.....what time you going up?
Old     (erock_15)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-13-2007, 6:10 AM Reply   
I think we are leaving at like 8 to give us some extra time. I can't hardly wait for it just hope it ain't rainin!
Old     (mac_attack)      Join Date: Oct 2003       04-13-2007, 7:10 AM Reply   
I would like to but I have drill this weekend.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-13-2007, 12:15 PM Reply   
i have act's that morning but im going to go ride in it around 12 30

ill be the young kid with the long brown hair on the 06 watson with Ronix one bindings
Old     (erock_15)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-13-2007, 12:25 PM Reply   
Sweet Caleb, I'll be there at the WFC table all day.

And that sucks MAC...
Old     (tigebob)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-13-2007, 12:45 PM Reply   
I was gonna gonna be there but my work shcedule got changed at the last minute...It sucks so bad....anyways so where do all U guys ride In Arkansas....I ride on Greers
Old     (craigystyle_05)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-13-2007, 1:30 PM Reply   
i would go but i gotta work too....
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-13-2007, 2:11 PM Reply   
I'll be there. I hear Caleb has a trick up his sleeve to take down Jeff House and Rathy. haha.

(Message edited by Jon A on April 13, 2007)
Old     (clay_fraley)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-15-2007, 9:22 AM Reply   
Ya, I dont think Caleb ever got to show off his trick, cuz he was to busy flying off the rail onto the gravel! lol!

Bobby, I ride on Degray mostly but Im on Greers occasionally with some of my friends
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-15-2007, 3:43 PM Reply   
i hate you clay.

dude, if i could have gotten that 270 to ftront board out, it would have been crazy.

but i need more than a 15 foot pool dude.

but i definantly got best fall.

rail to concrete
Old     (clay_fraley)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-15-2007, 4:35 PM Reply   
Jeff House did it! haha just kiddin dude I know the pool was a little small...well a lot small. but you definantly got best fall! Ill give you that much
Old     (craigystyle_05)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-15-2007, 9:04 PM Reply   
did anyone get pics.... i couldnt make it... but the guys at diamond lake watersports were tellin me how they heard the pools were really small... and you'd hit the rail at like 7 miles an hour
Old     (jnewton7)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-16-2007, 6:45 AM Reply   
Here are a few pics of Jeff House and Rathy
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (lyle)      Join Date: May 2004       04-16-2007, 6:49 AM Reply   
Clay what are you talking about?? I think that was the new trick, I heard someone call it ollie 3 to tailbone.. Just messin man, seriously, how is ol' the tailbone??
Old     (erock_15)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-16-2007, 6:57 AM Reply   
I don't think everything shaped up like James from MC boats wanted. The weather was horrible for one thing and I don't think the pools turned out quite like he wanted either.

But I do give the best fall award to Caleb. He got up like a champ and said it didn't hurt, but his board went at least ten feet in the air...above his head. And anytime you combine tailbone and concrete it has to hurt...jk but seriously though I probably woulda laid there for a while...
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-16-2007, 8:53 AM Reply   
haha, it turns out that my tail bone is fine and everything, but my wrist hurt a little bit. So i got to my girlfriends ouse that night and she said "what happened to your wrist?"

i looked at it and it was purple and green. i think i sprained it.....

cant wait for the next rail jam.

i will make a longer pool if i have to

But YES! best crash woo hoo

but you gotta give me, that was mostly the winch on that pull
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-16-2007, 8:54 AM Reply   
oh and more hay bails next time.....
Old     (erock_15)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-16-2007, 9:13 AM Reply   
more bails would probably be a good thing...

Bobby we'll be in Fairfield Bay this weekend hopefully gonna have some good weather and ride on Greers a little bit.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-16-2007, 9:26 AM Reply   
DEFINANTLY more hay....
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-16-2007, 2:26 PM Reply   
Definitely not your fault Caleb. Next time the pools need to be twice as big, more hay bails and a REAL winch!!! Not something that malfunctions and throws Caleb almost to his death.
Old     (clay_fraley)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-16-2007, 2:51 PM Reply   
I agree with Jon, They could atleast find a winch that wasnt homemade, but I guess it was good enough for the pros..lol
Old     (erock_15)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-16-2007, 3:50 PM Reply   
That's what the hyperlite guy showed up with as far as I know. So that one's on hyperlite. I think it was just made to run at a higher speed so it had trouble going that slow. But I don't think that's how James planned on the pools turning out.

We'll know for next year though and hopefully the weather won't be so bad too!
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-16-2007, 8:04 PM Reply   
i very much so agree with jon
Old     (craigystyle_05)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-16-2007, 10:27 PM Reply   
man i wish i could of made it... jon im prolly gonna stop by the shop thursday if your in...
Old     (jbboard)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-17-2007, 4:23 PM Reply   
Wow, did you guys see Matt Clendenon, Rathy, House all sessioning on the rails? Sounds like it wasn't the winch's fault, but inexperience behind a winch. Also, typically someone that gets in a rail jam can ride across the pool before getting chuncked out of it. Everyone else was able to get on the rails. Another guy from the shop even went across the pool and the center platform w/o falling out. I think before you guys bash the whole pool/winch/event, you should practice first and bring some experience. The startup pool was a bit short for the skaters though. I'm sure the next one will have a 30-40 start up pool. It was much better than the Diamond Lakes railjam, oh wait, they haven't done one. At Least James at MCBoats and Jeremy with Hyperlite forked out the money and time and effort to build this event and have a railjam down here in the south. There is always a learning curve. Can't wait for the next one. Heard they are doing one in HOt Springs maybe?
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-17-2007, 5:57 PM Reply   
Woah now Wkbrdr30. I'm not trying to bash the event at all. Definitely a sweet event and a first of its kind for Arkansas. Yes, Matt, Rathy, and House had some decent hits on it. However, the pull seemed VERY inconsistant. James hosted a great event and hopefully it won't be the last. Live and learn though, longer pools, more hay bails, and dial in the winch. But don't kid yourself, the winch definitely malfunctioned in Caleb's pull. Everybody saw it.

And as for attacking Diamond Lakes, I'm not sure who you are but I'm pretty sure you've never attended any of our events.

(Message edited by Jon A on April 17, 2007)

(Message edited by Jon A on April 17, 2007)
Old     (lyle)      Join Date: May 2004       04-17-2007, 7:47 PM Reply   
Man are you serious?? I saw Rathy and House eat it way more times than they landed.. Dont get me wrong, they are freakin awesome, but when two pros get it handed to them on a rail more times than not, somethings not right.. just my .02 .. And if you saw the way that winch snatched caleb, there should be no doubt there was some fine tuning needed. I am stoked that Arkansas was able to swing a pretty pimp event like that, and am all for it. But the way you are bashing DLWS sounds like you might have employment by MasterCraft. I give mad props to MC boats, great job guys, but there may need to be a few adjustments made next time. But man, you need to lay off pointing fingers, we need all the support we can get throughout the state to grow the sport, especially from our main vendors, like DLWS and MC Boats

(Message edited by lyle on April 17, 2007)

(Message edited by lyle on April 17, 2007)
Old     (craigystyle_05)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-17-2007, 9:15 PM Reply   
hey first time you do anything there will be bugs in it... i personally just visted dlws and the guys there were really cool... ive been to mc boats and those guys are cool too.... but to me, smaller shops i feel more comfortable in... i wish i could of been there to see the event in person... but i have talked to red at gene lockwoods and he told me june 30 is the relative date for the rail jam in hot springs... i will be riding in it... anyone can after signing a waiver, and if i eat it then oh well... its all about the fun of the sport...
Old     (erock_15)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-18-2007, 6:41 AM Reply   
Okay guys some things we are in agreement on. One, It was awesome that Arkansas got to hold it's first rail jam (or at least the first that I know of). Two, anytime you hold something new it is expected to have a few problems. Three, Caleb definately ate it off the rail...sorry Caleb had to throw that in there I wish I had a video of it. But seriously nobody is trying to bash on here, at least I hope not. It's hard to tell someone's expression just by reading what they typed. It's easy to misinterpret peoples feelings by just reading what they have typed and not talking to them face to face.
Old     (erock_15)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-18-2007, 6:44 AM Reply   
Ad another thing it was awesome that James had the first rail jam in Arkansas. Yeah there were a few problems, even the pro's did eat it a few times. And yes to there there appeared to be some problems with the winch. Like I said earlier I think those things are made to run at a higher speed and they just couldn't do it with the size of the pools. And the pools from what I understand did not turn out like they wanted. And yes Caleb, you do have to admit, isn't as experienced as the others in this type of an event (but he doesn't get paid like they do either). Yes the first several times the pros rode they ate it too. I didn't see Rathy or House putting together a consistent run till about 4 hours into it.

Like I said first time event means there are gonna be some problems.

So let's not start trying to point the finger at anyone, but focus on the best part. Wakeboarding is growing in the great state of Arkansas and we are all part of it. So if we are going to help it get as big as it can then we should help each other out, not sit and gripe.

Can't we all just get along...
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-18-2007, 9:18 AM Reply   
Dude, it was awesome that they had the rail jam and everything, and how often do you get to meet the pros, and im not the only one who had problems with the winch, a few people got pulled into the first pool and sank.

but props to jeremy and the whole MCboats crew, this whole event showed real initiative and a step in the right way fo promoting the sport of wakeboarding, i dont even HAVE a winch, and if i even tried to build one, god knows what would happen....

oh and i definantly dont have the experince, this was my first time ever being pulled by a winch, much less in a rail jam, but in my defense, i dont visit rail parks, im not paid to do this, hell im not even semi pro or am.

but whe the pros are not even able to do that much when they are paid to give it their all, that really says something...

but still, my thanks goes out to the guys at MC and definantly jeremy baker for putting this together.

despite a 50* high and what felt like 300 mph winds, you put on one heck of a show

(Message edited by dlwsrider on April 18, 2007)
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-18-2007, 9:32 AM Reply   
Oh and Eric i would KILL for a video of that broseph.

it would be on my myspace in a heart beat.

but i cant wait for the next rail jam, and hopefully i will have gotten some more hours logged in on the rails and have a second chance
Old     (erock_15)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-18-2007, 9:40 AM Reply   
Lol i hear ya man that was good stuff.

I'll be at the next one too. Doubt I'll ever be ridin in one, but I'll be there.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-18-2007, 9:45 AM Reply   
yeah man ill see you there, diamond lakes is having a guy building a winch (sorry if i was supposed to keep that under wraps jon) so ill just steal theirs for some pulls for practice
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-18-2007, 9:49 AM Reply   
Haha, yeah, their plans for their winch fell through. It was just a local guy doing it for himself and his friends. They said we could use it if we want but he got hurt and scratched the plans.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-18-2007, 9:52 AM Reply   
aw crap that fell through?

jon, we are making a mid-night raid on mesko's winch