Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       06-20-2007, 7:05 AM Reply   
Any tips on how to get started with these? I've been doing R2R's for a couple of years and wanted to start trying the Mobe. I've watched The Book and other clips but I just can't get it my head how to get from the R2R to the mobe without going out the front. I think about my body position as I come around from the R2R and it seems that I would over-rotate (go out the front) if I tried a handle pass.

Any tips? Do you throw it differently from the wake other than really try to throw it straight up?
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       06-21-2007, 7:17 AM Reply   
Thoughts?
Old     (mvda)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-21-2007, 11:21 AM Reply   
When you go for the mobe, you pretty much have to just go for it. It's tough to spot the landing on an r2r and then do another 180. Keep the handle in really tight through the top of the wake. If you have it away from your body, then pulling it in to make the handle pass will speed up your flip rotation and cause you to over-rotate.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       06-21-2007, 12:10 PM Reply   
Over-rotate?? I'll just go for the Mobe 5!

Thanks for the tips and that makes sense for it to be one continuous motion. I could see how it would be bad news to think about doing a r2r, spot your landing, and then do another 180. My face and head are scared to go out the front, but I guess there's only one way to find out if that will happen.
Old     (afrodeziak)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-21-2007, 12:54 PM Reply   
i was freeze framiung these the other day. always looks like handle is right against the back and the handle pass is in the last 15% of the rotation. very late, ish.. practice fs 3's as well
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       06-30-2007, 2:40 PM Reply   
"always looks like handle is right against the back and the handle pass is in the last 15% of the rotation."

I noticed that on Chris's backmobes, HP is almost right when he's landing and very late, if fact he usually throws the handle from 1 hand to the other. He doesn't go out the front much, usually misses the handle and kinda slides out.
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       08-04-2007, 7:08 AM Reply   
Euanks have you tried any yet? I have lost my damn R to R consistancy. We need to ride together sometime.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-05-2007, 3:48 PM Reply   
No, not yet. I've been trying a couple of other things but haven't tried the mobe ever. I really haven't got much water time this year and the darn lakes here are too crowded and the water is always blown out to get nice conditions to work on new stuff. That would be awesome to ride sometime. Are you normally at Hubbard?

What problems are you having with the R2R? I've been trying to grab mine but no luck yet.
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       08-05-2007, 5:55 PM Reply   
Yea my boat is at Hubbard. I have been doing the old slip out on my heals because I am over rotating it and not coming down with my board pointed in the right direction. I do the same thing basically on my half cab roll.
Old     (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-05-2007, 6:17 PM Reply   
Try throwing 2 handed r2r this will help you get the handle pass. You want to pull kind of hard and you'll come around no problem. I landed one a about 1 month ago and have been working them again but haven't been getting the handle pass. I have landed on the board and rode away but no handle. It is a tough trick to get consistent. I got worked on one today when I didn't rotate around and cased the other wake.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-06-2007, 7:51 AM Reply   
Thanks for the tips everyone. Hopefully I can try some soon if I stop being a chicken and actually get some riding time!

Gene - Do you spot your landings well on the R2R? I used to slip out all the time but started spotting the landing really early so that I can adjust handle position to change my rotation speed. When do you let go with your front hand? I had to take one to the grill which helped me see how much I needed to under-rotate them. I really push my chest out on the landing.
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       08-06-2007, 10:42 PM Reply   
The only way I rotate slower is if I come in with less speed then sometimes I land it and sometimes case the wake. I do spot the landing decent enough just cannot slow the rotation enough. I let go with my front hand right after I leave the wake.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-07-2007, 6:20 AM Reply   
I think your last sentence is the problem IMO. I've let go right off the wake a couple of times to try and grab the R2R and I was much, much less in control. Try to leave 2 hands on the handle until you spot your landing about 3/4th's of the way around. I really think that will help you with the control.
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       08-07-2007, 7:36 AM Reply   
Cool Thanks. Can you ride thursday night?
Old     (jason_ssr)      Join Date: Apr 2001       08-07-2007, 11:22 AM Reply   
To get the rotation for the mobe you pull longer. IOW, when you do a backroll, you are pulling tension on the line as you ratate, and then you relax a bit to slow yourself for the landing. On a R2R you hold the pull a lil longer so you continue rotating after the roll into the R2R then you relax to land it. On the mobe, again, you hold it in even longer allowing the rotation to continue.
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       08-07-2007, 4:10 PM Reply   
JG It's that simple huh?
Old     (jason_ssr)      Join Date: Apr 2001       08-08-2007, 9:03 AM Reply   
its all gravy.
Old     (wakerider143)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-03-2007, 7:54 AM Reply   
Congrats on stomping it Eubanks.
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       09-03-2007, 8:12 AM Reply   
????? what? Jarrett you hit it? Or did he just misunderstand the post?
Old     (wakerider143)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-03-2007, 8:48 AM Reply   
yes He did............http://youtube.com/watch?v=xOVlcI9X9Ho&mode=user&search=

Just copy and paste that.
Old     (wakerider143)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-03-2007, 8:50 AM Reply   
Or i think thats him...Its the same person on youtube.
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       09-03-2007, 11:11 PM Reply   
No that is Jake from Dallas. I was actually driving the boat when he hit that one. It was his second. First on film.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       09-04-2007, 4:11 AM Reply   
Nope, still haven't tried one of these. Thanks for posting though David...for a second I thought I might have landed one and forgot about it!
Old     (wakerider143)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-04-2007, 4:35 PM Reply   
HA! sry about the mix up. I noticed it wasnt You when i realized he was riding regular