Articles
   
       
Pics/Video
       
Wake 101
   
       
       
Shop
Search
 
 
 
 
 
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Share 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-15-2019, 12:14 AM Reply   
No, I think the gun laws here are pretty reasonable. We could do more on the mental health front for sure
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       03-15-2019, 2:39 AM Reply   
Yeah your guns laws really worked. 47 dead. why don't you guys hurry up & pass some gun laws, show us yanks how it's done....

Last edited by wombat2wombat; 03-15-2019 at 2:42 AM.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-15-2019, 4:54 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wombat2wombat View Post
Yeah your guns laws really worked. 47 dead. why don't you guys hurry up & pass some gun laws, show us yanks how it's done....
Yeah, because lack of gun laws here in the US prevents mass shootings...
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-15-2019, 10:09 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
No, I think the gun laws here are pretty reasonable. We could do more on the mental health front for sure
That is really the issue. Unfortunately people think drugs do not alter minds but they do as well. Many times people use drugs to fix their mental issues and so on.

Is there a sense in the country that the muslim population is getting out of control relative to the other populations? Was this a popping off of a lingering political divide? Sounds like the shooter had help to get away?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-15-2019, 11:32 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
Is there a sense in the country that the muslim population is getting out of control relative to the other populations? Was this a popping off of a lingering political divide? Sounds like the shooter had help to get away?
No, at least not in the circles I travel in, the only immigration tention you hear is about Asians buying up in the property market and pushing up the prices. We literally have zero anti-muslim sentiment, the population is low and they have the reputation of being well integrated good people.

The unconfirmed story is this guy is an Ausy who came over here for training and was intending to go back to do his attack there but decided here was a softer target and thought an attack in NZ had more wow factor because if muslims aren't safe in NZ they aren't safe anywhere. We have a pocket of neo NAZI skin heads in Christchurch so it could be true. If so all those ****ers who assisted him are about to go to prison for a long time.
Old     (Matt0520)      Join Date: Feb 2019       03-18-2019, 8:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by plhorn View Post
The gun laws could be enacted over night if it wasn't for you and your ilk.
Since this got resurrected I have to dig into where you two are coming from. Seen a lot of arguing from you and no ideas on how to actually affect change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
Whatever you say dude. Here's something for you to ponder. What if that was your kid that was killed? And before you say, "Well, my kid goes to a great school", remember, the majority of these mass shootings are happening in "great schools". They aren't taking place in the inner-city schools. If that was your kid's name scrolling across the screen as one of the victims, I can guarantee you wouldn't think the status quo (doing nothing about it) was the solution. Perspective, ahole.


Here’s my perspective: a decade of holding multiple armorer certifications on over a dozen small arms in addition to experience in emergency medicine (TEMS/EMT). Intimately familiar with these weapons, cartridges, and their ballistic potential on soft (human) targets. My perspective comes from a place of fact and experience.

Fact: the “assault weapons” y’all are debating account for 2-4% of annual gun crime. School shootings are terrible, but they’re reported in a grossly disproportionate manner. And emotional people like you get whipped into a frenzy. Congrats on taking the bait.

Fact: we’ve tried the assault weapons ban before. It had “little to no measurable affect on gun crime” because...you guessed it! The legislation was addressing a statistical insignificance due to the fact that “assault weapons” are prohibitively expensive and not concealable.
https://www.feinstein.senate.gov/pub...tudy-koper.pdf

Fact: there’s no solution to the gun problem as you see it. This is a county built on the availability of guns, so short of a nationwide confiscation, it won’t happen. The availability is the reason why places like Chicago continue to be hyper-violent, despite sweeping gun control regulations. Bad guys don’t follow the law and go buy the guns in Indiana and Wisconsin. Criminals not following laws?! Gasp!

Fact: Violent crime is down after years of gun regulations loosening. Availability of guns isn’t always the issue. There was a day (pre-1934) where you could buy a Tommy Gun off the shelf at Sears. How many mass shootings were there then?

The statistical problem in this country is cheap handguns in the inner city. Government resources are finite, so if you want change why don’t I hear anyone talking about that? Job creation, community policing, mentorship programs, legalizing pot, etc are all long-term solutions that address the statistically significant problem.

Last edited by Matt0520; 03-18-2019 at 8:14 AM.
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       03-18-2019, 11:46 AM Reply   
^^^^^^well said, Matt.

In one of my training classes the instructor said "The legendary kindness of the Southern Gentlemen was largely due to everyone carrying a gun".
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-19-2019, 3:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt0520 View Post
Since this got resurrected I have to dig into where you two are coming from. Seen a lot of arguing from you and no ideas on how to actually affect change.





Here’s my perspective: a decade of holding multiple armorer certifications on over a dozen small arms in addition to experience in emergency medicine (TEMS/EMT). Intimately familiar with these weapons, cartridges, and their ballistic potential on soft (human) targets. My perspective comes from a place of fact and experience.

Fact: the “assault weapons” y’all are debating account for 2-4% of annual gun crime. School shootings are terrible, but they’re reported in a grossly disproportionate manner. And emotional people like you get whipped into a frenzy. Congrats on taking the bait.

Fact: we’ve tried the assault weapons ban before. It had “little to no measurable affect on gun crime” because...you guessed it! The legislation was addressing a statistical insignificance due to the fact that “assault weapons” are prohibitively expensive and not concealable.
https://www.feinstein.senate.gov/pub...tudy-koper.pdf

Fact: there’s no solution to the gun problem as you see it. This is a county built on the availability of guns, so short of a nationwide confiscation, it won’t happen. The availability is the reason why places like Chicago continue to be hyper-violent, despite sweeping gun control regulations. Bad guys don’t follow the law and go buy the guns in Indiana and Wisconsin. Criminals not following laws?! Gasp!

Fact: Violent crime is down after years of gun regulations loosening. Availability of guns isn’t always the issue. There was a day (pre-1934) where you could buy a Tommy Gun off the shelf at Sears. How many mass shootings were there then?

The statistical problem in this country is cheap handguns in the inner city. Government resources are finite, so if you want change why don’t I hear anyone talking about that? Job creation, community policing, mentorship programs, legalizing pot, etc are all long-term solutions that address the statistically significant problem.
So being a gun enthusiast makes you an expert?

More guns on the street will never be the solution and that seems to be the only one the NRA offers.
Old     (Matt0520)      Join Date: Feb 2019       03-19-2019, 4:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
So being a gun enthusiast makes you an expert?



More guns on the street will never be the solution and that seems to be the only one the NRA offers.
I’ve worked in the field so I don’t think I’m an enthusiast. Call me what you want, I’m just a guy who’s spent years learning how everything from a pistol to an M4 works, working with department armorers on issued setups, T&E with manufactures, etc. But an expert on the subject at hand, yes.

It means I know more than most of the general public regarding what legislation will and won’t work. You guys can’t enact laws on things you know nothing about. Feinstein, Clinton, etc have done that and their ignorance has yielded zero results. “You must seek first to understand, then to be understood.”

Statistics tell us that ‘more guns on the street’ really don’t matter one way or the other.

So again, I ask...what do YOU propose based on your knowledge and experience?
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       03-19-2019, 6:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
So being a gun enthusiast makes you an expert?

More guns on the street will never be the solution and that seems to be the only one the NRA offers.
So much irony. The ignorance of "if we take the guns, they won't be no guns" while ignoring the reality that aside from the "mass shootings' the homicide rates are due to hand guns. We already had an assault rifle ban, it didn't work, hence why we got our rifles back. Taking rifles is the ONLY solution you lefties offer. While decrying the NRA's "only option".

Last edited by wombat2wombat; 03-19-2019 at 6:43 AM.
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       03-19-2019, 6:45 AM Reply   
"He said none of the weapons were military style semi-automatic weapons. Calling for gun laws to be tightened, New Zealand’s prime minister Jacinda Ardern has said the attacker used five guns, two of them semi-automatic, which were purchased with an ordinary gun license and modified.

Ardern said the gunman had two semiautomatic weapons, two shotguns, and one lever-action firearm. She vowed to enact stricter gun-control laws in the wake of the shooting. "

Didn't even use an assault weapon, none of the weapons he obtained legally in NZ were used in the attack. Mindless over reaction by lefties as usual.
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       03-19-2019, 6:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt0520 View Post

So again, I ask...what do YOU propose based on your knowledge and experience?
They offer the same repetitive tired proven useless solutions like they always do. Progressive politics is nothing but failed policies of the past that will work this time if you simply give them everything they want & unlimited funding to get to utopia.
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       03-19-2019, 6:49 AM Reply   
120 Christians slaughtered over the weekend in Nigeria. But lefties ignore cause they're Christian & machetes were used so it's all good.
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       05-07-2019, 10:25 PM Reply   
A hard code liberal, a trans-gender & a pistol walk into a school.....
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       05-08-2019, 3:44 AM Reply   
Amazing how little coverage the school shooting in Colorado is getting. Doesn't fit the narrative, two liberals, a pistol & only one dead Hispanic kid. Proving lefty jackasses don't give a sh*t about dead kids if they can't score political points.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       05-08-2019, 4:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wombat2wombat View Post
Amazing how little coverage the school shooting in Colorado is getting. Doesn't fit the narrative, two liberals, a pistol & only one dead Hispanic kid. Proving lefty jackasses don't give a sh*t about dead kids if they can't score political points.
Could also just be a general level of ambivalence. If sandy hook or stoneman-douglas didn't change anything, the loss of one kid is just a blip (sadly).
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       05-08-2019, 9:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
Could also just be a general level of ambivalence. If sandy hook or stoneman-douglas didn't change anything, the loss of one kid is just a blip (sadly).
As much as I would love to see through your rose colored glasses it's blaringly obvious what gets attention & what doesn't get attention & it's always narrative driven.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       05-09-2019, 4:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wombat2wombat View Post
As much as I would love to see through your rose colored glasses it's blaringly obvious what gets attention & what doesn't get attention & it's always narrative driven.
I'm agreeing with you. The narrative is more compelling with more bodies.
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       05-09-2019, 7:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
I'm agreeing with you. The narrative is more compelling with more bodies.
Good, then you agree. Liberals love dead kids if it furthers their agenda
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-09-2019, 10:16 AM Reply   
https://i.redd.it/9z7v2mycq8x21.jpg
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       05-15-2019, 8:35 AM Reply   
This shooting should have everyone worked up & not over guns. This school was covering up that the trans girl was sexually assaulted, they tried to hide it, swept it under the rug. These two kids were brutally bullied, not everyday bullying, just plain mean & treated both of these kids like dirt. Parents coming forward to talk about how bad this school is, what goes on. Why does the media not address this? Where is the LGBT crowd? They should be all over this! This is one ****ed up story & that too is being swept aside.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-15-2019, 8:56 AM Reply   
Wombat I'm seeing the Conservative Media pointing out what your talking about , Because the shooter was not a MAGA wearing hat white male And the story does not meet the Media Narrative it gets no attention. I have to agree, My question, Where is David Hogg! And his outrage. Where is the protests and Marches? O wait The Shooter was a Obama Supporting Transgender! & they are not to be critical of these "Protected Status" people. I hate to sound like a Tin Foil hat person but, in my opinion the Conservative Media is right. How come this shooting is getting no Media attention. It does seem strange
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       05-15-2019, 9:06 AM Reply   
This one says he/she was the bully?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...chool-n1004181
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-15-2019, 11:02 AM Reply   
I thought that the 16 yr old was the he/she, not the 18 yr old shooter. Yeah, looks are deceiving but thats the dude.
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       05-16-2019, 1:27 AM Reply   
There were several stories on the local news with a group of parents who came forward but refused to be named as the school has a history of taking it out on the kids when parents try to take action. The horrible bullying of the he/she has been going on for years but it seems the last two years she got mouthy & starting fighting back.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-05-2019, 12:48 PM Reply   
Two more mass shootings and not even a comment, must be status quo now.
Old     (onlyinboards)      Join Date: Oct 2014       08-06-2019, 3:44 AM Reply   
No gun problem here folks... nothing to see here.
Attached Images
 
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-06-2019, 4:32 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyinboards View Post
No gun problem here folks... nothing to see here.
Still more people killed each year with a hammer than a rifle. Don't hear people like you in the streets asking for hammer control
Old     (Matt0520)      Join Date: Feb 2019       08-06-2019, 4:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyinboards View Post
No gun problem here folks... nothing to see here.

How can we (a country built on the premise of firearms ownership) be surprised by a graph that calls out that we have more guns than other countries listed?

Obvious graph is obvious
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004       08-06-2019, 5:01 AM Reply   
cue the democrats and their bull****
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-06-2019, 5:06 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt0520 View Post
How can we (a country built on the premise of firearms ownership) be surprised by a graph that calls out that we have more guns than other countries listed?

Obvious graph is obvious
Ironic thing is every country on the graph has been invaded by war in modern times.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       08-06-2019, 1:52 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
Still more people killed each year with a hammer than a rifle. Don't hear people like you in the streets asking for hammer control
Yeah, as soon as a guy marches into a Walmart on a Saturday afternoon and kills over 20 people in just a few minutes, with an effing hammer, maybe people will start asking for "hammer control". Do you really have to be so dense?
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       08-06-2019, 1:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
Ironic thing is every country on the graph has been invaded by war in modern times.
Only a dumbass, such as yourself, would think that private arms ownership has anything to do with that. And I hope you are counting the US as being "invaded by war".
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       08-06-2019, 2:39 PM Reply   
Liberals, can't stop jacking off to dead kids.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-07-2019, 10:26 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
Yeah, as soon as a guy marches into a Walmart on a Saturday afternoon and kills over 20 people in just a few minutes, with an effing hammer, maybe people will start asking for "hammer control". Do you really have to be so dense?
https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/...-without-guns/

Maybe you should have vehicle control.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-07-2019, 10:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
Only a dumbass, such as yourself, would think that private arms ownership has anything to do with that. And I hope you are counting the US as being "invaded by war".
Awe, personal attack again? you are feeble minded and angry. Don't take it out on me because your perfect little view of the dumpersterfirecrat party is falling apart. I am just trying to warn you of where you are going.

Are you trying to say that a small basically uninhabited island off of Alaska was an invasion? You trying to say Pearl Harbor (which was not part of the US at that time) was an invasion? That was an attack.

Or are you finally agreeing that the democrat parties sponsorship of illegals in the US is an invasion? Is so, I agree but we technically are not at war.

I am sure you are going to try and discredit the Yamamoto quote about a rifle behind every blade of grass to fit your agenda even though it was listed in the paperwork of MacCarther about the Japanese pre war planning.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-07-2019, 10:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
Yeah, as soon as a guy marches into a Walmart on a Saturday afternoon and kills over 20 people in just a few minutes, with an effing hammer, maybe people will start asking for "hammer control". Do you really have to be so dense?
Why don't you ask for this everytime you democrats shoot up a city. How many holidays in a row has 50 plus people been shot in Chicago, year, after year, after year. Plus the 100 a year murdered in Oakland and about every other big democrat gun free city.
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       08-07-2019, 11:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
Why don't you ask for this everytime you democrats shoot up a city. How many holidays in a row has 50 plus people been shot in Chicago, year, after year, after year. Plus the 100 a year murdered in Oakland and about every other big democrat gun free city.
Hell, they won't even talk about or address Dayton or any other liberal act of violence, they justify it. Wake is living proof of the angry small minds we're dealing with. Did you see there's a movie The Hunt specifically about rich liberals paying to hunt "deplorables" on a private island & justify it cause they're just killing deplorable. In this case it's just funny satire & perfectly okay. But lets watch what would happen if the roles were reversed. The right better wake TF up
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-07-2019, 11:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
Still more people killed each year with a hammer than a rifle. Don't hear people like you in the streets asking for hammer control
Gas-lighting much? 11,000 homicides each year in the US, 73% of those USE GUNS!
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41488081
America is the greatest country in the World because NO One is above the law! Why should a punk kid who gets kicked out of school be allowed to buy a firearm? What is wrong with black listing aggressive juveniles until they reach the age of 25? I know the NRA would be against this and you are taking away aggressive kids 1st amendment rights, but it is for the good of society as a whole.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-07-2019, 1:34 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeshmoe View Post
Gas-lighting much? 11,000 homicides each year in the US, 73% of those USE GUNS!
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41488081
America is the greatest country in the World because NO One is above the law! Why should a punk kid who gets kicked out of school be allowed to buy a firearm? What is wrong with black listing aggressive juveniles until they reach the age of 25? I know the NRA would be against this and you are taking away aggressive kids 1st amendment rights, but it is for the good of society as a whole.
What is gas lighting is your odd use of "facts". You are not even following the "facts" of your article. Funny how the article says california bans "assult rifles". first there is no such thing. Second, california does not ban them. They ban certain features and' or make you register rifles without those features differently. Funny thing is that you nor they understand what is actually the legal registered portion of these so called "assault weapons".

Good question on black listing. What if I don't agree with the words you say. Can I get you blacklisted from using the internet or attending college where you may have to write a paper for a number of years?

How about this. How about we ban all kids with bad grades, alcohol or week usage as a minor, speeding ticket or other unacceptable social behavior until 25 or beyond from driving:



as you can see vehicle deaths are still higher than ALL GUN Deaths. Considering (according to your article) 22,000 of the 30,000 gun deaths are actually suicide, the murder rate is very low and especially low compared to vehicle deaths.

Knock out the top 5 to 10 democrat cities, we have a murder rate less than most of those pointed to liberal European countries even with all our guns and theirs outlawed.

while this is an emotional topic, your use of logic is displaced. Did you go on an online screed when that kid mowed down and killed the 9 motorcyclists less than a month ago or didn't the democrats put out the memo on the TeeVee to tell you to go to work on guns?

Last edited by DeltaHoosier; 08-07-2019 at 1:36 PM.
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       08-08-2019, 1:07 AM Reply   
The shooters manifesto is out, like the Mueller report the whacky left won't read it because it shatters the narrative they've spun on this. The guy rails against corporations taking over politics, the environment , loss of jobs due to automation, lack of universal income, healthcare. Illegals we so very low on his list of complaints. The dumbocrats have devolved into a disgusting group just fine with mass death & spinning these things to fit a narrative all for political gain. And the sheep sit at home rubbing themselves waiting for their mainstream media to tell what to be upset about. And the proof right here that applies to the lefty lunatics; not one mention of Daytona, you sick imbeciles. Chickens do come home to roost
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       08-08-2019, 1:15 AM Reply   
Not one mention about the Mexican that killed 4 Mexicans with a knife in Cali. Media didn't tell you guys what to be upset about. Doesn't fit the narrative. He was just angry. White shooters are all white supremacists & it's Trumps fault. Sick f**ks
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-08-2019, 4:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wombat2wombat View Post
The shooters manifesto is out, like the Mueller report the whacky left won't read it because it shatters the narrative they've spun on this. The guy rails against corporations taking over politics, the environment , loss of jobs due to automation, lack of universal income, healthcare. Illegals we so very low on his list of complaints. The dumbocrats have devolved into a disgusting group just fine with mass death & spinning these things to fit a narrative all for political gain. And the sheep sit at home rubbing themselves waiting for their mainstream media to tell what to be upset about. And the proof right here that applies to the lefty lunatics; not one mention of Daytona, you sick imbeciles. Chickens do come home to roost
Say it ain't so.......
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-08-2019, 4:54 AM Reply   
Why aren't our local liberals posting up on this today. These adds for this movie were going to be on ESPN this week until the shootings:

"The Hunt" Movie Trailer Features Elites Hunting "Deplorables" For Sport

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...for_sport.html


×
Back to Videos
"The Hunt" Movie Trailer Features Elites Hunting "Deplorables" For Sport
Posted By Tim Hains
On Date August 8, 2019

“The Hunt” is billed as a dark satire about a group of privileged vacationers hunting "deplorables" for sport and is set to open September 27. Certain ads for the R-rated film from producer Jason Blumhouse and Universal Studios have been pulled off the air this week following the mass shootings in El Paso and Dayton but the trailer remains online.


https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...ie-deplorables

“The violent, R-rated film from producer Jason Blum's Blumhouse follows a dozen MAGA types who wake up in a clearing and realize they are being stalked for sport by elite liberals,” THR’s Kim Masters wrote. “It features guns blazing along with other ultra-violent killings as the elites pick off their prey.”
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-08-2019, 5:02 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
Why aren't our local liberals posting up on this today. These adds for this movie were going to be on ESPN this week until the shootings:

"The Hunt" Movie Trailer Features Elites Hunting "Deplorables" For Sport

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...for_sport.html


×
Back to Videos
"The Hunt" Movie Trailer Features Elites Hunting "Deplorables" For Sport
Posted By Tim Hains
On Date August 8, 2019

“The Hunt” is billed as a dark satire about a group of privileged vacationers hunting "deplorables" for sport and is set to open September 27. Certain ads for the R-rated film from producer Jason Blumhouse and Universal Studios have been pulled off the air this week following the mass shootings in El Paso and Dayton but the trailer remains online.


https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...ie-deplorables

“The violent, R-rated film from producer Jason Blum's Blumhouse follows a dozen MAGA types who wake up in a clearing and realize they are being stalked for sport by elite liberals,” THR’s Kim Masters wrote. “It features guns blazing along with other ultra-violent killings as the elites pick off their prey.”
LOL I heard the fox crybabies complaining about this on Laura Ingraham last night.

How come you aren't complaining that it's just a remake of a 1994 film of similar premise? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surviving_the_Game
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       08-08-2019, 5:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
Why aren't our local liberals posting up on this today. These adds for this movie were going to be on ESPN this week until the shootings:

"The Hunt" Movie Trailer Features Elites Hunting "Deplorables" For Sport

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...for_sport.html


×
Back to Videos
"The Hunt" Movie Trailer Features Elites Hunting "Deplorables" For Sport
Posted By Tim Hains
On Date August 8, 2019

“The Hunt” is billed as a dark satire about a group of privileged vacationers hunting "deplorables" for sport and is set to open September 27. Certain ads for the R-rated film from producer Jason Blumhouse and Universal Studios have been pulled off the air this week following the mass shootings in El Paso and Dayton but the trailer remains online.


https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...ie-deplorables

“The violent, R-rated film from producer Jason Blum's Blumhouse follows a dozen MAGA types who wake up in a clearing and realize they are being stalked for sport by elite liberals,” THR’s Kim Masters wrote. “It features guns blazing along with other ultra-violent killings as the elites pick off their prey.”
That film has it all backwards.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-08-2019, 5:12 AM Reply   
Watching CBS last night. How funny it was to see how openly Bias they are towered TRUMP. Example
2 shootings 1. ElPaso TX 2. Dayton Ohio.

All CBS could report on was how the ElPaso TX shooter was empowered but TRUMP’s “Invasion” words, saying that the El Paso shooter used the “INVASION” in some of his rants well I guess that’s all it took to link the El Paso shooter to Trump. Ok Fast forward to the 2nd Shooter Dayton Ohio. The Guy was a avid Warren & Bernie Supporter & Avid leftist. BUT NOT A SINGLE MENTION OF HIS POLITICAL affiliation !

Talk about feeding people what they want them to feel. No such thing as fair and balanced. F the Media. They have their Candidates picked out. And they make it obvious who they don’t want in the WH
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       08-08-2019, 5:49 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
LOL I heard the fox crybabies complaining about this on Laura Ingraham last night.

How come you aren't complaining that it's just a remake of a 1994 film of similar premise? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surviving_the_Game
You playing whataboutism is comical being you constantly try to hang your hat on that. Then you revert back to 1994? Please, enlighten us about the rampant violence, racist accusations or anything close to todays current climate? Typical liberal. Not one ounce of condemnation, you comically & ignorantly find a film from 1994. It's all Trumps fault though!!! No reason for you asshats too take a good long look at yourselves & what you support.
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       08-08-2019, 5:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
Watching CBS last night. How funny it was to see how openly Bias they are towered TRUMP. Example
2 shootings 1. ElPaso TX 2. Dayton Ohio.

All CBS could report on was how the ElPaso TX shooter was empowered but TRUMP’s “Invasion” words, saying that the El Paso shooter used the “INVASION” in some of his rants well I guess that’s all it took to link the El Paso shooter to Trump. Ok Fast forward to the 2nd Shooter Dayton Ohio. The Guy was a avid Warren & Bernie Supporter & Avid leftist. BUT NOT A SINGLE MENTION OF HIS POLITICAL affiliation !

Talk about feeding people what they want them to feel. No such thing as fair and balanced. F the Media. They have their Candidates picked out. And they make it obvious who they don’t want in the WH
The left has shown its hand, they're nothing but a bunch of sick f**ks and everything is okay till they're upset about it. I look forward to watching the rich white suburbs cry like bitches when this all blows up in their faces & they're forced to eat what they created.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-08-2019, 6:00 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
LOL I heard the fox crybabies complaining about this on Laura Ingraham last night.

How come you aren't complaining that it's just a remake of a 1994 film of similar premise? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surviving_the_Game
That still cracks me up. You guys always complaining about me and other conservatives watching Fox when it is you guys that seem to constantly watch fox. I don't watch that stuff.

Again, there is a buzz word "premise" trying to detract from the message. I am pretty darn sure that in 1994 they were not talking hunting down and murdering a group that were a specific political party that were directly defined as an obscure term like "deporables" by a democrat presidential candidate who also served in one of the highest political offices of the US Government. Of course we know who the "deplorables" are. We also know that a democrat shot up the Republicans of congress. Antifa has a group that was/ is scheduled to go to Texas in September to combat train other members. They were schedule prior to the shooting. Yep. Nothing dangerous about that.
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       08-08-2019, 6:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
That still cracks me up. You guys always complaining about me and other conservatives watching Fox when it is you guys that seem to constantly watch fox. I don't watch that stuff.

Again, there is a buzz word "premise" trying to detract from the message. I am pretty darn sure that in 1994 they were not talking hunting down and murdering a group that were a specific political party that were directly defined as an obscure term like "deporables" by a democrat presidential candidate who also served in one of the highest political offices of the US Government. Of course we know who the "deplorables" are. We also know that a democrat shot up the Republicans of congress. Antifa has a group that was/ is scheduled to go to Texas in September to combat train other members. They were schedule prior to the shooting. Yep. Nothing dangerous about that.
Since their media doesn't tell them about it's not real. More white liberal "if it's not in my backyard".
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-08-2019, 6:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by psudy View Post
That film has it all backwards.
That is why it is a fictional tale.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-08-2019, 6:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wombat2wombat View Post
Since their media doesn't tell them about it's not real. More white liberal "if it's not in my backyard".
Yep.... the TEEVEE controls the outrage.

I guess on MSNBC/ NBC that were saying Trump is planning genocide against Hispanics and that Trump picked August 8 for flags to fly at half mast because August 8 is 8 8, "H" being the 8th letter in the alphabet so August 8 stands for HH which stands for Heil Hitler.

The left is really feeling boxed in if they are resorting to this type of reporting. They know if Trump stamps out illegals in the country, backs down China, NAFTA, and stacks in conservative judges then their dream on destroying the US sovreignty will be greatly harmed.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-08-2019, 6:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
That still cracks me up. You guys always complaining about me and other conservatives watching Fox when it is you guys that seem to constantly watch fox. I don't watch that stuff.

And yet curiously you are apparently worried about what ads ESPN runs. Strange coincidence? Seems like you should be in the talking head business Delta.

No the ‘94 version was about hunting down a homeless black guy. So you are right... no possible identity politics at play there at all as opposed to random white folks in MAGA gear.

Last edited by shawndoggy; 08-08-2019 at 6:27 AM.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-08-2019, 6:45 AM Reply   
Both are sick and last I checked political parties had not exactly set out hunting black people. Well, the democrats used to, but no others. Now the democrats are into hunting down Republicans. You know what would be perfect twist. Hunt down black Republicans that left the plantation. That would just be icing on the cake for the democrats.

The reason that I mentioned ESPN is that is a pretty significant audience of teen to 30 year olds to target with this type of move. It is more important considering you liberals are out there blaming Trump for racial and political violence (that you as a group mostly commit) while putting out films targeting Republicans for violence. Normally I don't care about these films but it is pretty ironic considering the climate today to put out a film like this and have major major networks pick this type of movie up for advertisement. Heck they just shot up congress a little over a year ago. You tell me how this would play out. It is just part of the greater message that the left is trying to send. Republicans are planing genocide against you so here is what it looks like to do it to them.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-08-2019, 6:48 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
And yet curiously you are apparently worried about what ads ESPN runs. Strange coincidence? Seems like you should be in the talking head business Delta.

No the ‘94 version was about hunting down a homeless black guy. So you are right... no possible identity politics at play there at all as opposed to random white folks in MAGA gear.
Kind of funny how white people can be random (even though they are in Maga gear which makes them a very specific group) but a black person could not possibly be random. And you do see how you leftist see color in everything?
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-08-2019, 7:01 AM Reply   
It’s pretty entertaining to watch Delta and Wombat tag team and put the beat down on anyone from the left. Can’t wait for 2020.
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       08-08-2019, 7:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post

No the ‘94 version was about hunting down a homeless black guy. So you are right... no possible identity politics at play there at all as opposed to random white folks in MAGA gear.
IE "I'm just fine with this movie because..."
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-08-2019, 7:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wombat2wombat View Post
IE "I'm just fine with this movie because..."
like the hunger games, the sympathies of either movie are going to go with the hunted not the hunter. Seen bambi?

The thing that surprises me about the outrage about the current movie (haven't watch the trailer admittedly) is that how in the world are the liberal elite hunters not portrayed as dbags, and the deplorables the heroes?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-08-2019, 7:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
Kind of funny how white people can be random (even though they are in Maga gear which makes them a very specific group) but a black person could not possibly be random. And you do see how you leftist see color in everything?
so all MAGAs are the same? Blue lives matter? Illegals (some are good people, I'm sure)?

Pot, have you met kettle?
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       08-08-2019, 7:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
like the hunger games, the sympathies of either movie are going to go with the hunted not the hunter. Seen bambi?

The thing that surprises me about the outrage about the current movie (haven't watch the trailer admittedly) is that how in the world are the liberal elite hunters not portrayed as dbags, and the deplorables the heroes?
Then you've clearly not watched the trailer or read about it. You're simply repeating another's opinion without even checking it out. No, rather you defend this type of behavior because "years ago". Change starts with each of us, holmes, do your part.

It sort of funny you bring up Hunger Games. It paints the left rather accurate with their society of total retardation ran by flash & celebrities with a complete & total "haves & have nots". Exactly what the right says will happen under these socialist policies.
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       08-08-2019, 7:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
It’s pretty entertaining to watch Delta and Wombat tag team and put the beat down on anyone from the left. Can’t wait for 2020.
If you think that's great to watch, watch what happens when what they sowed is in their own back yards.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-08-2019, 7:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
lThe thing that surprises me about the outrage about the current movie (haven't watch the trailer admittedly) is that how in the world are the liberal elite hunters not portrayed as dbags, and the deplorables the heroes?
.... AND now I did watch the trailer. And its exactly what I expected. Deplorables sticking it to their elitist overlords (who even eat caviar!). The MAGAs are the good guys. If anything the george soroses of the world should be outraged by the movie as portraying wealthy elites as people who actually want to hunt down people with country accents for sport.

Last edited by shawndoggy; 08-08-2019 at 7:34 AM.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-08-2019, 8:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
.... AND now I did watch the trailer. And its exactly what I expected. Deplorables sticking it to their elitist overlords (who even eat caviar!). The MAGAs are the good guys. If anything the george soroses of the world should be outraged by the movie as portraying wealthy elites as people who actually want to hunt down people with country accents for sport.
Of course the hunted are usually the good guys, however the point is democrats are out howling and making up outragious claims against Trump and Republicans in regards to seeding violence and they are making films like this. Good guys or not, they are targeting political groups. Like I said, these types of films don't really bug me and neither to video games, but democrats need to be more self aware if they are going to attack others for what they are actually doing.

Notice the fact that California banned Trump from that ballot is not getting any play from you guys.
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       08-08-2019, 8:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
Of course the hunted are usually the good guys, however the point is democrats are out howling and making up outragious claims against Trump and Republicans in regards to seeding violence and they are making films like this. Good guys or not, they are targeting political groups. Like I said, these types of films don't really bug me and neither to video games, but democrats need to be more self aware if they are going to attack others for what they are actually doing.

Notice the fact that California banned Trump from that ballot is not getting any play from you guys.
I'm rather amazed Shawn is trying to play devils advocate on this one. But it speaks volumes as to why the right should be the ones to step it up a notch & fight while they still can. Or is that not the message the left is conveying? I can't keep up....
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-08-2019, 8:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wombat2wombat View Post
I'm rather amazed Shawn is trying to play devils advocate on this one. But it speaks volumes as to why the right should be the ones to step it up a notch & fight while they still can. Or is that not the message the left is conveying? I can't keep up....


So were you similarly outraged by Red Dawn because it suggested the USA might be invaded by the Ruskies (or NK in the remake)? Or were you like “F yeah!” When the kids stuck it to the invaders?

I’m really surprised you guys are snowflaking our so hard over this.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-08-2019, 8:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
Of course the hunted are usually the good guys, however the point is democrats are out howling and making up outragious claims against Trump and Republicans in regards to seeding violence and they are making films like this. Good guys or not, they are targeting political groups. Like I said, these types of films don't really bug me and neither to video games, but democrats need to be more self aware if they are going to attack others for what they are actually doing.
I just watched the trailer... is there some other evidence that the hunted were singled out because of their political leanings rather than just being rednecks? Or are you just playing identity politics and assuming that all white folks with southern accents must be trump supporters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
Notice the fact that California banned Trump from that ballot is not getting any play from you guys.
Prolly because likelihood of success is perceived to be similar to that of green new deal, impeachment, etc?

How come no play from "you guys" about California successfully bypassing the feds and negotiating emissions standards directly with car manufacturers?
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       08-08-2019, 8:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
So were you similarly outraged by Red Dawn because it suggested the USA might be invaded by the Ruskies (or NK in the remake)? Or were you like “F yeah!” When the kids stuck it to the invaders?

I’m really surprised you guys are snowflaking our so hard over this.
It just shows the blatant hypocrisy of the left & exactly why the tinder box you created but blame others for is going to explode.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-08-2019, 8:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
I just watched the trailer... is there some other evidence that the hunted were singled out because of their political leanings rather than just being rednecks? Or are you just playing identity politics and assuming that all white folks with southern accents must be trump supporters?



Prolly because likelihood of success is perceived to be similar to that of green new deal, impeachment, etc?

How come no play from "you guys" about California successfully bypassing the feds and negotiating emissions standards directly with car manufacturers?
Or was it that they actually used the words deplorables in a line from the movie on hunting the people. Redneck is a pretty offensive term in my mind. Love how elities just throw that word around.

As far as the anti Trump LAW that was passed. It did succeed to this point. It was passed and signed into California law. There is a chance that the feds overturn it, however it shows how unhinged you democrats are.

What more can I say about this communist state. It sounds like a Kalifornian thing already. another way to drive up costs to kill the middle class even further. The greedy automakers see a new revenue stream and want to have someone buy in before sinking the costs. All it is going to do is raise the price for the rest of the country. The automakers who did not sign on will be primed to keep the rest of America as customers.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-08-2019, 8:55 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
So were you similarly outraged by Red Dawn because it suggested the USA might be invaded by the Ruskies (or NK in the remake)? Or were you like “F yeah!” When the kids stuck it to the invaders?

I’m really surprised you guys are snowflaking our so hard over this.
You see, the Soviets were the actual bad guys and in the movie they invaded the US. We at the time had a serious chance of actually going to war with them.

Are you saying that Republicans are the enemy and there is a chance you will have to go to war with us? I'll be your huckleberry.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-08-2019, 8:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wombat2wombat View Post
It just shows the blatant hypocrisy of the left & exactly why the tinder box you created but blame others for is going to explode.
We all voted on the movie plot at the last "Leftists of America" party meeting, so, you know, I'm just obligated to defend it.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-08-2019, 9:02 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
You see, the Soviets were the actual bad guys and in the movie they invaded the US. We at the time had a serious chance of actually going to war with them.

Are you saying that Republicans are the enemy and there is a chance you will have to go to war with us? I'll be your huckleberry.
Delta have you watched the trailer? Methinks not.

To complete the red dawn analogy, here the liberal elites are the russians, and the maga rednecks are the good guys. So the liberal elites are the bad guys, just like you like it, right?

I'd actually think this is kinda the "cold dead hands" sort of wet dream of a small but not insignificant part of our society... as your comment suggests. It's a complete straw man, but that's never stopped you in the past.
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       08-08-2019, 9:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
Delta have you watched the trailer? Methinks not.

To complete the red dawn analogy, here the liberal elites are the russians, and the maga rednecks are the good guys. So the liberal elites are the bad guys, just like you like it, right?

I'd actually think this is kinda the "cold dead hands" sort of wet dream of a small but not insignificant part of our society... as your comment suggests. It's a complete straw man, but that's never stopped you in the past.
Did you even watch Red Dawn? It wasn't the Russians it was North Korea that came up via Mexico. The fact you can't tell the vast differences between that movie & this movie is why you should sit down & shut up.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-08-2019, 9:06 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
Or was it that they actually used the words deplorables in a line from the movie on hunting the people. Redneck is a pretty offensive term in my mind. Love how elities just throw that word around.
Sorry, I thought PC language was just for us Lettists. Please tell me the new appropriate term.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-08-2019, 9:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wombat2wombat View Post
Did you even watch Red Dawn? It wasn't the Russians it was North Korea that came up via Mexico. The fact you can't tell the vast differences between that movie & this movie is why you should sit down & shut up.
easy young gun. Guess you didn't know it was a remake? https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087985/

(bit of trivia... pretty sure this was the first movie to get the PG13 rating)
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       08-08-2019, 9:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
Sorry, I thought PC language was just for us Lettists. Please tell me the new appropriate term.
We're not liberals, we don't need to make up terms & put everyone into little groups then sick them on each other. That's your lefties sick & twisted game
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       08-08-2019, 9:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
easy young gun. Guess you didn't know it was a remake? https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087985/

(bit of trivia... pretty sure this was the first movie to get the PG13 rating)
What the hell are you babbling about? You can't count the ****show remake, the 84 one is all that matters.
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       08-08-2019, 9:09 AM Reply   
Good lord man, if it has Channing Tatum in it isn't a movie
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-08-2019, 11:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
Good question on black listing. What if I don't agree with the words you say. Can I get you blacklisted from using the internet or attending college where you may have to write a paper for a number of years?
How about this. How about we ban all kids with bad grades, alcohol or week usage as a minor, speeding ticket or other unacceptable social behavior until 25 or beyond from driving:
No, only if a kid gets kicked out of school, then he would Not be able to buy a gun until he is 25, what's wrong with that? Now, as far as the car deaths go, won't it be awesome when all of the cars are autonomous and we have O deaths! Anyways, there are millions of cars on the road and there are VERY FEW cars on the road with drivers trying to kill people, that's why it's called an accident when people die. There are millions and millions of cars passing each other at over 100 mph only separated by a double yellow line, it is amazing there are less than 100 deaths every day, but most of those deaths are caused by drunk drivers, speeding or people using their phones. If you drive, do not drink, speed, or text! And if you kill someone, even accidentally, you will go to jail. You do not buy a car to go out and kill someone, even though it happens every day, so to use the analogy, that buying an automobile is worse than buying a gun to kill people is ludicrous!
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-08-2019, 11:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
Delta have you watched the trailer? Methinks not.

To complete the red dawn analogy, here the liberal elites are the russians, and the maga rednecks are the good guys. So the liberal elites are the bad guys, just like you like it, right?

I'd actually think this is kinda the "cold dead hands" sort of wet dream of a small but not insignificant part of our society... as your comment suggests. It's a complete straw man, but that's never stopped you in the past.
Straw helps insulate when it is cold outside.

It sounds like a wonderful movie. Like I said, I am not that bothered by the movie. It just seems to be a bit nearsited and certainly is not a great look under the current conditions. Most of the major networks have abandoned the advertisements including ESPN. It makes you wonder if you are supporting a movie one minute then you have to not support it the next over the climate in the country, it almost makes you wonder if they should have supported it in the first place? You would like to think that if the movie is just a movie, then it would stand up at any time any place.

Reply
Share 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 9:27 PM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home

 

© 2019 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us