Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       09-22-2017, 9:36 PM Reply   
anyone have input on robot vacs? I used to have a roomba a few years back and it was medicore but it did get some dirt and hair up... i'm a big fan of dyson even though they're pricey. We have an upright ball thats great and a v6 absolute thats awesome too but not sure how the robot is. Just need something to vac our hardwood in between when the housekeeper comes as we have a Labrador that sheds a lot and an infant that doesn't need to be covered in dog hair. Seems like most of the coices have decent suction for hard surfaces but the AI is what separates the men from the boys so to speak. I'd trust you guys over youtube university
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-25-2017, 5:15 AM Reply   
Recently bought the Roomba 980 and it is awesome. My complaints would be that it's pretty loud and my dog doesn't exactly love it. It also takes a long time. It's nice not having to do it, but it does take 2 hours to do a chore that would take me 10 minutes. I have a big dog that sheds like crazy and it does a shockingly good job at getting all the hair up, you just have to empty it once during the cycle. I wish my dog would get over it so I could run it when I'm not there, but I have a feeling I'd come home to $1000 worth of robot vac pieces strewn about the house.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-25-2017, 6:25 AM Reply   
ILife v5 vacuum and mop

Literally the best thing we have ever bought for our house for 135.00 bucks. We have a two year old that run around dropping crumbs everywhere. We call the V5 Goldie because she sweeps up all the gold fish. It can be set to go off the same time every day or just use the remote. It's quiet enough to run while watching TV so we just let her run while cooking dinner and my little man run around with his plastic lawn mower like he's helping her. It either mops or vacuums it can't do both at the same time. We mainly use it to vacuum.

Is it perfect no, It will get hung up on cords laying on the ground and it gets stuck on toy's every now and then but rarely. And the mop is more of a wiper than a scrubber but our floors have never been cleaner. For 135.00 it's part of the family now!!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ILIFE-V5-Sma...oAAOSw53NY~uNi
Old     (Krane)      Join Date: Oct 2017       10-31-2017, 9:23 PM Reply   
We have a roomba 650 and it's been doing great cleaning so far. One thing I didn't like about it though is the bot maintenance as the hair gets stuck on the brushes. lol, our cat gets drawn to it.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       11-01-2017, 2:46 PM Reply   
Neato D80. Super smart, works great with a Labrador in the house.
Old     (onthecreek)      Join Date: Apr 2013       11-04-2017, 9:25 PM Reply   
Our first was a Neato. It had good cleaning power but the electronics were dicey. Had to power off/on too much. Did a really good job of cleaning along walls. In hindsight, the bin capacity was pretty good. After about 2 years the electronics were fried. Customer service sucked, essentially none.

Stepped up to a Roomba iRobot next because it has an app...haven't downloaded it yet, eye roll. Its power is weak in comparison. Bin is smaller plus the design of delivery from brushes to bin will always leaves crap on the floor when emptying the bin. Doesn't clean along walls well either. It's awful transitioning to rugs or cow hides (floors are concrete). Don't have to power on/off much at least.

Wish the Neato were more reliable. Stupid app on the Roomba better be good.

Regardless, with 2 Labs the bins are too small to be left on auto-pilot all the time. Plus, there are too many toys on the floor. Either brand requires some baby sitting.
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-07-2018, 6:05 PM Reply   
I picked up an iLife A4 for Christmas. We have all hard wood and title floors with some low pile wool area rugs. The A4 has been awesome and the floors look great. Wife is a neat freak and she's happy to not need to sweep daily. We have two younger kids and a 75lb Goldendoodle. For $200 couldn't be happier.