Articles
   
       
Pics/Video
       
Wake 101
   
       
       
Shop
Search
 
 
 
 
 
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Share 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old    bigdtx            10-06-2016, 8:23 AM Reply   
Old     (fouroheight68)      Join Date: May 2006       10-06-2016, 8:59 AM Reply   
Old    deltahoosier            10-06-2016, 9:42 AM Reply   
Sounds like the democrats during Bush v Gore.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            10-06-2016, 11:24 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
Sounds like the democrats during Bush v Gore.
lol, do you even realize what you type? You're comparing a supreme court ruling where they didn't want to compromise a presidency because Gore was going to win if they did a recount to this
Old    deltahoosier            10-06-2016, 2:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWakeIsReal View Post
lol, do you even realize what you type? You're comparing a supreme court ruling where they didn't want to compromise a presidency because Gore was going to win if they did a recount to this
Yep. If you want I can also dig up all the posts regarding vote rigging in Ohio and other places that the democrats claim Republicans cheated them. You should see the progressive threats on the electronic machines. Those are some pretty good ones.

We can go on about democrat election rigging through history. Kennedy over Nixon where 3 people were ultimately jailed and 600 plus indicted on election fraud in Chicago.

Hell, my name was on the ballot twice this last midterm. You don't need ID so I could have voted twice.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-06-2016, 5:12 PM Reply   
This is all very entertaining. For balance I would like to see some Hilderbeast supporters made to look stupid as well, surely Drumpf doesn't have a monopoly on retarded supporters. Or maybe interview some Drumpf supporters who can string 3-4 coherent thoughts together. That might be harder to achieve tho....
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-06-2016, 5:23 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
This is all very entertaining. For balance I would like to see some Hilderbeast supporters made to look stupid as well, surely Drumpf doesn't have a monopoly on retarded supporters. Or maybe interview some Drumpf supporters who can string 3-4 coherent thoughts together. That might be harder to achieve tho....
For whatever reason conservatives are too self-serious here to have their own comedy show to mock ignorant libs (and yes they are plentiful too). I mean I guess you could consider Hanity comedy, but it's not intentional.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-06-2016, 5:27 PM Reply   
You know what is really sad is these idiots just want a better life for themselves, their families and their country and they have been duped in to thinking that Drumpf wants that for them too. Little do they know the narsassit dimwit has neither the skill or inclination to provide it. Not that their life will be any better under Hilderbeast i guess, less likely to be worse tho which is a strong possibility under Drumpf imo.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            10-06-2016, 5:52 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
Yep. If you want I can also dig up all the posts regarding vote rigging in Ohio and other places that the democrats claim Republicans cheated them. You should see the progressive threats on the electronic machines. Those are some pretty good ones.

We can go on about democrat election rigging through history. Kennedy over Nixon where 3 people were ultimately jailed and 600 plus indicted on election fraud in Chicago.

Hell, my name was on the ballot twice this last midterm. You don't need ID so I could have voted twice.
NONE OF THAT HAPPENED. Good god. Where are the records of people getting jailed for the Kennedy Nixon election. Nowhere. That is nothing but a conspiracy. Not like having an actual supreme court case you know?

Again, there are actually plenty of ways you guys have tried to rig elections. Same day registration, early voting, voter ids. THERE IS NO VOTER FRAUD.
Old     (Froggy)      Join Date: Nov 2013       10-07-2016, 3:41 AM Reply   
It already happened remember the DNC and Debbie Wasserman Schultz.now she works for Hill lie ory .No doubt you don't even have to be alive to vote Democrat.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            10-07-2016, 7:55 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
It already happened remember the DNC and Debbie Wasserman Schultz.now she works for Hill lie ory .No doubt you don't even have to be alive to vote Democrat.
So you think that because there was a bias within the party that voter fraud is running rampant? Do you even understand what happened with the DNC? Could you imagine if the republican party emails came out about Trump? You don't think they were trying to have a bias towards ANYBODY but that guy? The difference is that the DNC tried to keep it a secret. GOP made it known they were trying to get anybody but Trump. What you brought up has zero to do with voting fraud.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004       10-07-2016, 9:08 AM Reply   
North Carolina passed a law requiring voters to show ID. Seems normal to me, until the courts got involved saying it was a racist ploy to oppress black folk. So now they can vote with no ID.

What voter fraud???
Old    TheWakeIsReal            10-07-2016, 9:18 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverd1 View Post
North Carolina passed a law requiring voters to show ID. Seems normal to me, until the courts got involved saying it was a racist ploy to oppress black folk. So now they can vote with no ID.

What voter fraud???
Dude, again you are clueless. Go look at what actual republicans have said about requiring voter ID so that minorities have less of a chance to get to the polls. The fact that your party has come out and said they wanted the law to keep minorities from voting means you should be banging your head.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004       10-07-2016, 9:23 AM Reply   
riggers are everywhere!!
Old    deltahoosier            10-07-2016, 9:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWakeIsReal View Post
NONE OF THAT HAPPENED. Good god. Where are the records of people getting jailed for the Kennedy Nixon election. Nowhere. That is nothing but a conspiracy. Not like having an actual supreme court case you know?

Again, there are actually plenty of ways you guys have tried to rig elections. Same day registration, early voting, voter ids. THERE IS NO VOTER FRAUD.

Before you jump to conclusions, the theme of the article basically says that Nixon was not robbed and that his cronies pressed for recounts and so on and they were not fruitful but there was voter fraud in Cook County (Chicago). So yes, fraud happens.


Was Nixon Robbed?
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a...on_robbed.html


On the other hand, some fraud clearly occurred in Cook County. At least three people were sent to jail for election-related crimes, and 677 others were indicted before being acquitted by Judge John M. Karns, a Daley crony. Many of the allegations involved practices that wouldn't be detected by a recount, leading the conservative Chicago Tribune, among others, to conclude that "once an election has been stolen in Cook County, it stays stolen." What's more, according to journalist Seymour Hersh, a former Justice Department prosecutor who heard tapes of FBI wiretaps from the period believed that Illinois was rightfully Nixon's. Hersh also has written that J. Edgar Hoover believed Nixon actually won the presidency but in deciding to follow normal procedures and refer the FBI's findings to the attorney general—as of Jan. 20, 1961, Robert F. Kennedy—he effectively buried the case.
Old    deltahoosier            10-07-2016, 9:33 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWakeIsReal View Post
Dude, again you are clueless. Go look at what actual republicans have said about requiring voter ID so that minorities have less of a chance to get to the polls. The fact that your party has come out and said they wanted the law to keep minorities from voting means you should be banging your head.
Uhhh.... only democrats have said that. You are listening to your own people on that. Republicans want ID's so there is no cheating and we can go on and on about how many things you have to have an ID to even do in this country and Voting should be one of them.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004       10-07-2016, 9:34 AM Reply   
fakewake -

ha! if you think legislation from the '60s is still relevant today, you're part of the problem. you and every other kook are so quick to start beating the **** out of your racist drum. Amazing how blind you all are.

Last edited by denverd1; 10-07-2016 at 9:36 AM.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004       10-07-2016, 9:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
On the other hand, some fraud clearly occurred in Cook County. At least three people were sent to jail for election-related crimes, and 677 others were indicted before being acquitted by Judge John M. Karns, a Daley crony. Many of the allegations involved practices that wouldn't be detected by a recount, leading the conservative Chicago Tribune, among others, to conclude that "once an election has been stolen in Cook County, it stays stolen." What's more, according to journalist Seymour Hersh, a former Justice Department prosecutor who heard tapes of FBI wiretaps from the period believed that Illinois was rightfully Nixon's. Hersh also has written that J. Edgar Hoover believed Nixon actually won the presidency but in deciding to follow normal procedures and refer the FBI's findings to the attorney general—as of Jan. 20, 1961, Robert F. Kennedy—he effectively buried the case.
fake, read the bold text. the text is BLACKER than the rest.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            10-07-2016, 10:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverd1 View Post
fake, read the bold text. the text is BLACKER than the rest.
I beg of you, go find anywhere that says that happened. It didn't. It is a conspiracy theory. Seriously, go scan the interwebs or even better, your local library, and see if you can find one person being arrested for that.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            10-07-2016, 10:12 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
Uhhh.... only democrats have said that. You are listening to your own people on that. Republicans want ID's so there is no cheating and we can go on and on about how many things you have to have an ID to even do in this country and Voting should be one of them.
lol.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/17/us...gain.html?_r=0
Old    TheWakeIsReal            10-07-2016, 10:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
Before you jump to conclusions, the theme of the article basically says that Nixon was not robbed and that his cronies pressed for recounts and so on and they were not fruitful but there was voter fraud in Cook County (Chicago). So yes, fraud happens.


Was Nixon Robbed?
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a...on_robbed.html


On the other hand, some fraud clearly occurred in Cook County. At least three people were sent to jail for election-related crimes, and 677 others were indicted before being acquitted by Judge John M. Karns, a Daley crony. Many of the allegations involved practices that wouldn't be detected by a recount, leading the conservative Chicago Tribune, among others, to conclude that "once an election has been stolen in Cook County, it stays stolen." What's more, according to journalist Seymour Hersh, a former Justice Department prosecutor who heard tapes of FBI wiretaps from the period believed that Illinois was rightfully Nixon's. Hersh also has written that J. Edgar Hoover believed Nixon actually won the presidency but in deciding to follow normal procedures and refer the FBI's findings to the attorney general—as of Jan. 20, 1961, Robert F. Kennedy—he effectively buried the case.
Dude again, I beg of you. Find anywhere else but this one instance on Slate that says it happened. Please.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            10-07-2016, 10:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
Before you jump to conclusions, the theme of the article basically says that Nixon was not robbed and that his cronies pressed for recounts and so on and they were not fruitful but there was voter fraud in Cook County (Chicago). So yes, fraud happens.


Was Nixon Robbed?
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a...on_robbed.html


On the other hand, some fraud clearly occurred in Cook County. At least three people were sent to jail for election-related crimes, and 677 others were indicted before being acquitted by Judge John M. Karns, a Daley crony. Many of the allegations involved practices that wouldn't be detected by a recount, leading the conservative Chicago Tribune, among others, to conclude that "once an election has been stolen in Cook County, it stays stolen." What's more, according to journalist Seymour Hersh, a former Justice Department prosecutor who heard tapes of FBI wiretaps from the period believed that Illinois was rightfully Nixon's. Hersh also has written that J. Edgar Hoover believed Nixon actually won the presidency but in deciding to follow normal procedures and refer the FBI's findings to the attorney general—as of Jan. 20, 1961, Robert F. Kennedy—he effectively buried the case.
You really think that if there was almost 700 counts of fraud and 3 arrests that it wouldn't be a bigger story?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-07-2016, 11:58 AM Reply   
What, why wouldn't you require ID? Who of voting age doesn't have some form of ID? I presume there is a central register that checks each name only votes once? I can't wait for internet based voting to be rolled out
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004       10-07-2016, 12:02 PM Reply   
A story? As reported by the media?? you mean the fair and unbiased folks who are currently brokering the s#!t show thats going on in american politics?

you're kidding, right?

Last edited by denverd1; 10-07-2016 at 12:05 PM.
Old    deltahoosier            10-07-2016, 12:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
What, why wouldn't you require ID? Who of voting age doesn't have some form of ID? I presume there is a central register that checks each name only votes once? I can't wait for internet based voting to be rolled out
Nope. My name was on the roster twice. I could have voted twice. Someone can vote for a dead relative if their name have not been actively scrubbed from the roster.

You see in America, it is considered racist to ask for ID to control the country but is not racists to do almost everything in society including the fact that you must be able to produce an ID or be held by law enforcement until you can be identified.
Old    deltahoosier            10-07-2016, 12:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWakeIsReal View Post
You really think that if there was almost 700 counts of fraud and 3 arrests that it wouldn't be a bigger story?
It was 1960 on this one. The point is, voter fraud does happen.
Old    deltahoosier            10-07-2016, 12:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWakeIsReal View Post
If you read the article it points to the democrats saying that, not republicans:

Quote:
Yet academic studies and election-law experts broadly agree that voter fraud is not a widespread problem in American elections. Rather, they say, it is a widespread political tactic used either to create doubt about an election’s validity or to keep one’s opponents — in most cases, Democratic voters — from casting ballots.
Old    deltahoosier            10-07-2016, 12:11 PM Reply   
I just got two absentee ballots again today and I even told them of the error before.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            10-07-2016, 2:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
It was 1960 on this one. The point is, voter fraud does happen.
No sh*t it was 1960. It's besides the point that there isn't a trace of evidence of your claim or arrests and 700 counts of voter fraud outside of that bullsh*t slant article.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            10-07-2016, 2:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverd1 View Post
A story? As reported by the media?? you mean the fair and unbiased folks who are currently brokering the s#!t show thats going on in american politics?

you're kidding, right?
What in the world are you even talking about? You realize you're proving my point. Right winged nuts would have loved to take that story and ran with it. But there's no story. That's my point.
Old     (doublemwa)      Join Date: May 2016       10-07-2016, 2:52 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
Uhhh.... only democrats have said that. You are listening to your own people on that. Republicans want ID's so there is no cheating and we can go on and on about how many things you have to have an ID to even do in this country and Voting should be one of them.
You don't really believe that do you? You have to just going against the grain on this one too.

I'm sure some where along the way voter fraud was a problem, but in modern times its a moot point. Republicans have been pushing hard in battle ground states to limit minority voters. Its obvious that it isn't voter fraud they are trying to get around.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-07-2016, 3:16 PM Reply   
What is 700 of a fraction of 200 million?
Old    TheWakeIsReal            10-07-2016, 3:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
What is 700 of a fraction of 200 million?
It doesn't really matter. Delta brought up the Bush Gore election where there actually was a major controversy and a supreme court ruling and how we were crazy for complaining. Then he brings up a conspiracy theory from the 60s as proof we rig elections? lol. Then you got the other nacho guy who is just lost in the entire thing.
Old     (DenverRider)      Join Date: Feb 2013       10-07-2016, 9:14 PM Reply   
Is everyone who is saying that I.D. should be required going to ignore the U.S. Constitution? A poll tax in order to vote is VERY illegal according to the Constitution of the United States of America. I.D. costs money. Requiring something that costs money in order to vote would be a poll tax. Have any of the states who have put forth I.D. requirements for voting offered to give citizens free and unhindered access to the proper I.D.??? Of course they haven't. That's because it isn't actually about voter identification. It's about voter suppression.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-10-2016, 4:17 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverRider View Post
Is everyone who is saying that I.D. should be required going to ignore the U.S. Constitution? A poll tax in order to vote is VERY illegal according to the Constitution of the United States of America. I.D. costs money. Requiring something that costs money in order to vote would be a poll tax. Have any of the states who have put forth I.D. requirements for voting offered to give citizens free and unhindered access to the proper I.D.??? Of course they haven't. That's because it isn't actually about voter identification. It's about voter suppression.
Pretty simple, just provide a voter ID with the registration, it doesn't have to be against the Constitution
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-10-2016, 8:44 PM Reply   
I can normally see the point of view of the opposing party. I normally see it, read up on it, and decide that I just don't agree. Politics should be that simple. You either lean one way or the other....or somewhere in between.
but

I honestly don't see/understand how requiring an ID to vote, is racist, suppression, or have anything to do with anything except making an effort to make sure that only legal citizens vote.

I'm not trying to be obtuse, contrary, stubborn or thick headed............I just don't understand the big deal. I would think that every honest American would want this very thing

In fact, I firmly believe that it's just the opposite. I believe Democrats don't want voter ID, so that any potential illegal immigrant who wants to vote, can vote.

What else could it be?
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-10-2016, 8:56 PM Reply   
You need a ID to drive, buy cigarettes, buy Liquor, rent a car,rent a hotel room,start a bank account. Why wouldn't you need a ID to vote? It's to prove you are of age and a legal citizen.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001       10-10-2016, 10:48 PM Reply   
Did you two even read what Eric just wrote? Cliff you say you read up but he just spelled it out for you.

If you recall the North Carolina thread the republican guy literally admitted that they got data and set up the law to suppress the black vote and you still wouldn't believe it lol.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001       10-10-2016, 10:51 PM Reply   
And Robert, nothing you mentioned has anything to do with constitutionally given rights.

As for the election being rigged, it must be because Glenn Beck is now saying the moral choice is not to vote for Trump and Bill O'Reilly also said Clinton is going to win and even though he disagrees with her policies, that she is qualified. Hell's freezing over and that fat pig Trump is about to fly...
Old    deltahoosier            10-11-2016, 11:22 AM Reply   
You need to hang out on progressive websites. They are all over the Diabold electronic voting machines as a election rigging machine. This is not the right saying this.
Old    deltahoosier            10-11-2016, 11:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
What is 700 of a fraction of 200 million?
It has nothing to do with the 200 million. It has to do with electoral college. The basics of it for most states, the person who wins the states popular vote, wins the electoral votes for the whole state. Does not matter if the vote was statistically 50/50. Winner takes all. That is why the Broward County in FL was important is Bush v Gore. It was an extremely tight race state wide and the democrats wanted to count votes that were "hanging" chads. In the 1960 election, Cook County with includes Chicago was very late in reporting it's vote total and is known to be a big union/ organized crime town. Kennedy won in Illinois by roughly 8000 plus votes and Chicago voted democrat by a very high statistical margin.

I am not pointing that it was right or wrong about the outcomes but pointing that all it takes is a few people stuffing some boxes, having dead relatives vote, having black panthers hanging at the polling place to upset the whole presidential election.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-11-2016, 11:52 AM Reply   
Fair enough. If the system is that fragile then democratic reform should be a platform for the next presidential race. Technology has moved so far since this system was conceived it is time for an overhaul
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-11-2016, 11:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
That is why the Broward County in FL was important is Bush v Gore. It was an extremely tight race state wide and the democrats wanted to count votes that were "hanging" chads.
So democrats wanted a legitimate count where everyone's vote matters, and the republicans wanted to disqualify votes on a technicality. Sounds like a fair description.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001       10-11-2016, 11:58 AM Reply   
Ralph, check out http://www.nationalpopularvote.com/

I've posted about it 3 or 4 times here on WW but it's never really generated much conversation. However, with Texas increasingly going blue (and the GOP generally falling into crisis this year) I have a feeling republicans are going to be increasingly talking about it as it may be their only chance to ever get into the white house again in 2024 and beyond...
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-11-2016, 12:26 PM Reply   
I think that is a big step in the right direction. I can understand electing regional reps by region but a single leader by region makes no sense
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001       10-11-2016, 12:28 PM Reply   
It's one of the things that republicans don't really like to talk about because it flies in the face of the view of the founding fathers they like to promote. But the reality is that the FF didn't trust people to be smart enough to not do something incredibly moronic - like nominate someone like Trump for instance...
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-11-2016, 2:05 PM Reply   
The reality is the world is a very different place than when the constitution was written. You can see that the voting system was the best option when communication across a vast country takes weeks. When it takes milli-seconds there are better options.

You can make the same argument with gun laws, a largely rural country with muskets requires different gun laws than an urban environment with assault weapons.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001       10-11-2016, 2:18 PM Reply   
Don't disagree but it can be done without a poll tax and be constitutional.
Old     (DenverRider)      Join Date: Feb 2013       10-11-2016, 4:43 PM Reply   
It doesn't surprise me that those guys would ignore the illegal poll tax aspect of voting rights. Those are the same guys who in another thread boasted that they didn't think poor people and people who don't pay taxes should be allowed to vote. I wonder if they would add that people who don't pay taxes would also not be allowed to run for office.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-11-2016, 8:20 PM Reply   
Wes, so change what the current proposal is.

Don't apply a fee

If the other argument is that some poor people don't have access to birth records, don't start the policy right away. Gradually slide into it.

Example.....Pick an age that those people and younger have to provide documentation. Kind of like the inspection on a car.
Develop a system that gets more and more poor access to birth certificates. We live in an electronic/computerized age. There has to be a way to provide a BC for everyone born a citizen, to have a certificate.....paper or electronic

Eventually, those that claim that they never had one or can't get one, will not be a factor

It could take a generation, but at least, in the long run, everyone will have access and posses a birth certificate and an ID.

There has to be a solution there. To just dismiss it.....seems suspect

I stand by my opinion/comments
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001       10-11-2016, 8:33 PM Reply   
Hi Cliff, absolutely a paused approach that takes into account certain circumstances properly would be more acceptable. But that's not what is being done. Can you admit that in NoCo the intent was voter suppression? If the person that organized it can admit it, why can't you?

Not to mention wrt to birth certificates you have to consider immigrant scenarios. Case in point is the new law in Louisiana which is preventing many legal immigrants from getting married because they come from countries where home births are common and many folks don't have birth certificates - especially those that fled war.

Like this poor family who had to resort to driving hours on end (with liver cancer) to a reasonable state that accepted a green card as basis for marriage. A friggin green card isn't enough in LA - are you kidding me?
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001       10-11-2016, 8:44 PM Reply   
phased not paused, thanks Jobs
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-11-2016, 8:53 PM Reply   
Wes, admittedly, I have not read up on what NOCO has done. I'm sure that there is some voter suppression motives, much like there are some amnesty type of voter motives from the left.

I'm hoping that one day, we can get past the name calling and finger pointing, and do what needs to be done.

let the crazies on the right, and the loons on the left, keep complaining and stirring up drama.....while some real leader pushes forward with bills/laws that are actually good for the country. This might not always be good for every individual , but do what's generally good for the country

I'm certain Oblummer wasn't that guy. I'm pretty sure that Clinton isn't that person. To me, it's unclear if a non-politician can get it done, but I think it's time we try.

It's to bad that the first black was unqualified, that the first woman isn't the right choice, and that the first businessman is unfit.......perhaps one day....
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-11-2016, 9:50 PM Reply   
Here is the best description of the voting system i have seen:
https://youtu.be/nhnNCO9ybXU
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-11-2016, 9:55 PM Reply   
I really don't have a problem with ID to vote. I get the poll tax and literacy test stuff, I do. But being asked to identify yourself is pretty dang common. Can't do something as mundane as fly or pick up your online shipped to store order at walmart without an ID. So why something as important as voting?

Seems to me that needing to pre-register to vote is a bigger bar to actually casting a ballot than remembering to bring your ID.

let them eat cake and so forth.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001       10-12-2016, 3:06 AM Reply   
Voting is a fundamental right - that's kind of the whole point. Those other things you listed are privileges a lot of people will never experience. I'm about 53% convinced your last statement means you get all that and are being sarcastic lol

I have moved a lot the last few years so I've started doing permanent absentee voting. Don't have to show my ID and hell, Grant or Mark could just grab my ballot out of the mailbox and Trumpify it. We better shut down absentee voting!!!
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-12-2016, 6:11 AM Reply   
And yet for voting to be a right and not respect the integrity of the process that voting represents (i.e. one person one vote, all votes counted -- accurately) sorta undermines the whole thing. Voting is a fundamental right, for citizens of voting age. If you don't have to take even the most basic steps to verify citizenship or age, that undermines the integrity of the voting process, which all of us have an interest in.

I vote early, always. A signature is required to get your ballot. It always bugs the heck out of me that they scrutinize my signature like I'm some sort of master forger (and my sig has definitely deteriorated over the 20 years since I registered) and they are handwriting experts, rather than just being able to ask me for my state issued photo ID to verify my identity.

I'm totally not immune to the argument that there are disenfranchisement motivations to voter ID. But it seems to me that this issue would be surmountable... maybe with mobile ID stations and the like? "jim crow/poll tax' is only a valid counterargument for so long and eventually it's reasonable to take even the most basic steps to accurately verify the identity of voters.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            10-12-2016, 7:18 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ord27 View Post
Wes, admittedly, I have not read up on what NOCO has done. I'm sure that there is some voter suppression motives, much like there are some amnesty type of voter motives from the left.

If you haven't read on what NOCO has done then you absolutely zero say in the conversation of voter fraud lol. That is what this entire topic is about.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            10-12-2016, 7:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
I really don't have a problem with ID to vote. I get the poll tax and literacy test stuff, I do. But being asked to identify yourself is pretty dang common. Can't do something as mundane as fly or pick up your online shipped to store order at walmart without an ID. So why something as important as voting?

Seems to me that needing to pre-register to vote is a bigger bar to actually casting a ballot than remembering to bring your ID.

let them eat cake and so forth.
I'm going to assume you don't hang out with many poor people whose last thing they need an ID for is online shopping or flying.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-12-2016, 7:25 AM Reply   
ok wake, so I'm not eligible to comment on this post. Sorry

having said that, I guess you would still be against a voter ID even if all of the issues were successfully addressed?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-12-2016, 7:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWakeIsReal View Post
I'm going to assume you don't hang out with many poor people whose last thing they need an ID for is online shopping or flying.
Guilty as charged.

You did get my Marie Antoinette reference did you not?
Old    TheWakeIsReal            10-12-2016, 7:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
Guilty as charged.

You did get my Marie Antoinette reference did you not?
Right over my head.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            10-12-2016, 7:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ord27 View Post
ok wake, so I'm not eligible to comment on this post. Sorry

having said that, I guess you would still be against a voter ID even if all of the issues were successfully addressed?
Dude, go read about North Carolina and voter ID's then come talk. You're talking about something that it seems you haven't even researched in the least bit which is weird because usually you at least bring something factual to the table.
Old    deltahoosier            10-12-2016, 9:13 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
So democrats wanted a legitimate count where everyone's vote matters, and the republicans wanted to disqualify votes on a technicality. Sounds like a fair description.
Uh huh....Sounds like democrats wanted to discount votes on a technicality (Like someone putting pressure over the democrat vote in the pile partially dislodging the little chad pieces. If they voted democrat, it does nothing, if they voted republican it looks like theiy tried to vote democrat first or voted twice which gets the vote thrown out. It goes both ways.
Old    deltahoosier            10-12-2016, 9:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
It's one of the things that republicans don't really like to talk about because it flies in the face of the view of the founding fathers they like to promote. But the reality is that the FF didn't trust people to be smart enough to not do something incredibly moronic - like nominate someone like Trump for instance...
Or Hillary... There fixed.
Old    deltahoosier            10-12-2016, 9:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
Voting is a fundamental right - that's kind of the whole point. Those other things you listed are privileges a lot of people will never experience. I'm about 53% convinced your last statement means you get all that and are being sarcastic lol

I have moved a lot the last few years so I've started doing permanent absentee voting. Don't have to show my ID and hell, Grant or Mark could just grab my ballot out of the mailbox and Trumpify it. We better shut down absentee voting!!!
Well. Absentee voting is a new wrinkle to voting as the constitution states that there is a single day set aside to vote.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-12-2016, 9:31 AM Reply   
okay. will do
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-12-2016, 9:55 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
Uh huh....Sounds like democrats wanted to discount votes on a technicality (Like someone putting pressure over the democrat vote in the pile partially dislodging the little chad pieces. If they voted democrat, it does nothing, if they voted republican it looks like theiy tried to vote democrat first or voted twice which gets the vote thrown out. It goes both ways.
Sounds like you just made all that up.
Old    deltahoosier            10-13-2016, 11:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
Sounds like you just made all that up.
Sounds like what you said was made up.....
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-13-2016, 11:37 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
Sounds like what you said was made up.....
Yeah, I didn't need to find a source for that outside this thread.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       10-25-2016, 3:24 PM Reply   
Since voter IDs will cost a lot of money and voter fraud is not a statistical issue, why do we need to spend the money? spend the cash on books or bridges.
Old     (doublemwa)      Join Date: May 2016       10-26-2016, 5:50 AM Reply   
1. Actual voter fraud isn't an actual issue. That is a fact
2. Republicans are actively pushing voter suppression. People who think that Republicans are not asking a lot are just sipping the kool-aid. If not than why isn't voter ID an issue in blue states?

This article shows just how crazy voter suppression is:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...97f_story.html

Its not a complicated equation: Minorities primarily vote democrat. Republicans know that, and push to limit minority votes under the cover of "voter fraud"
Old     (allzway)      Join Date: Feb 2014       10-26-2016, 6:16 AM Reply   
The entire idea that people are for voter suppression is liberal fairly tale land. People want verification of your eligibility to vote. Why is that so friggin hard to understand?

You have to have an ID for everything you do in this country, but for some reason asking for an id to vote is unreasonable. Crazy thought process.

You can't even check out a book at a local library without some id, yet something so important as voting is just so impossible that we can't even discuss it.

Voter fraud shows up every election.. is it massive.. probably not.. is it enough to change an outcome.. probably not... but it is a simple to fix and it could have an effect and should not be allowed.

The Podesta emails leaked show that democrats consider it and encourage voter fraud.. which is obviously why they are against it.
Old     (doublemwa)      Join Date: May 2016       10-27-2016, 6:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by allzway View Post
The entire idea that people are for voter suppression is liberal fairly tale land. People want verification of your eligibility to vote. Why is that so friggin hard to understand?

You have to have an ID for everything you do in this country, but for some reason asking for an id to vote is unreasonable. Crazy thought process.

You can't even check out a book at a local library without some id, yet something so important as voting is just so impossible that we can't even discuss it.

Voter fraud shows up every election.. is it massive.. probably not.. is it enough to change an outcome.. probably not... but it is a simple to fix and it could have an effect and should not be allowed.

The Podesta emails leaked show that democrats consider it and encourage voter fraud.. which is obviously why they are against it.
Did you even read the article? It's amazing how deep into the kool-aid you guys get. Why is it so hard for republicans to understand to be eligible to vote, you only have to be a citizen? Sorry republicans, but minorities votes counts just as much as yours.

Do you not understand what a Voter ID is? People are not asking to show an drivers license or passport, they're asking for people to apply for a separate voter ID. If your not listed on voter registration sheets, you show an ID.

In Bibb Co. a polling station was moved from a public park to a sheriff's office. A staffer was quoted as saying "we know blacks don't like to come to the sheriffs office"
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001       10-27-2016, 1:15 PM Reply   
"Lackey said she is confronted with such confusion most election cycles, and this year has been no exception. Her personal hypothesis is that voters, so accustomed to touch screens in their everyday lives, hit the machine's button after indicating their choices, inadvertently "deselecting" their preferred vote."

Basically people are too stupid to use the machines properly lol.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/27/politi...ing/index.html
Old    deltahoosier            10-27-2016, 1:25 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublemwa View Post
Did you even read the article? It's amazing how deep into the kool-aid you guys get. Why is it so hard for republicans to understand to be eligible to vote, you only have to be a citizen? Sorry republicans, but minorities votes counts just as much as yours.

Do you not understand what a Voter ID is? People are not asking to show an drivers license or passport, they're asking for people to apply for a separate voter ID. If your not listed on voter registration sheets, you show an ID.

In Bibb Co. a polling station was moved from a public park to a sheriff's office. A staffer was quoted as saying "we know blacks don't like to come to the sheriffs office"
What do you democrats don't understand is we want you to be a citizen to vote and we want you to prove it. No one that I know is asking for a separate "voter ID". We are asking that you do show ID because you currently do not have to show a thing but say a name on the list.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-27-2016, 1:31 PM Reply   
Hey border security zealots, how do you feel about this Korean guy who got adopted at 3, parents never completed citizenship papers, abused him (and were convicted), abandoned him to foster care, then he gets in trouble with law, is father to four anchor babies, and is now being deported back to South Korea (he doesn't hablo Korean)?

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...m_content=2053
Old    deltahoosier            10-27-2016, 5:11 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
Hey border security zealots, how do you feel about this Korean guy who got adopted at 3, parents never completed citizenship papers, abused him (and were convicted), abandoned him to foster care, then he gets in trouble with law, is father to four anchor babies, and is now being deported back to South Korea (he doesn't hablo Korean)?

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...m_content=2053
Zealots? Really? Wanting the laws of this country obeyed is now being a zealot? Understanding that you have a closed system of taxes and public distribution of tax money that can not have unlimited non contributors moving in is a zealot? Wanting to know if guns and terrorist are coming in country is not a zealot? Interesting. I take it you and Soros share the same myopic dream that the US has no boarders?

What you are seeing is centralized government does not work for the individual. They make broad laws and rulings.

So now this guy is in trouble with the law? What did he do? If it is bad enough, send him home. Sure beats the tax payer dealing with him for how many years? If it was not bad then teach him some Spanish, they will not deport him. Not all laws work down to the minute details. Sometimes misjustice happen.
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-27-2016, 6:26 PM Reply   
Delta just go down and vote twice and see what happens
Old     (doublemwa)      Join Date: May 2016       10-27-2016, 9:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
What do you democrats don't understand is we want you to be a citizen to vote and we want you to prove it. No one that I know is asking for a separate "voter ID". We are asking that you do show ID because you currently do not have to show a thing but say a name on the list.
No one you know is asking because that is the very legislation that is being pushed. At some point during voter registration you have to show some form and proof of citizenship. The Voter ID laws that are being proposed are not in the works to fix anything but rather to serve as cover for voter suppression. Wouldn't it be easier to win the vote of minorities rather then keeping them from voting?

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/0...-id-law-226438

The law that was struck down was passed after a record number of african americans voted in 2013!

I love how you guys come up with these baseless conspiracy theories, but when there is hard evidence you brush it off.

Reply
Share 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:47 AM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home

 

© 2019 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us