Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Find A Third/Be A Third

Old     (seth)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-06-2010, 3:15 PM Reply   
Holy Crap the web cam at Oak Shores was reading 77deg today!!!! To bad I leave to Switzerland tomorrow for some snowboarding! Its on when I get back!
Old    kaligirl            01-06-2010, 8:08 PM Reply   
OMG! Are you really complaining about leaving to go snowboarding in Switzerland!!! Tell you what, you stay here and board Naci, I'll go hit up Switzerland for you!!!!
Old     (jason_martin)      Join Date: Mar 2008       01-06-2010, 11:38 PM Reply   
I choose wakeboarding over snowboarding, but Switzerland does sound fun.
Old     (seth)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-07-2010, 7:50 AM Reply   
Oh no definately not! I was trying to be funny, I guess I shoulda used an emoticon, but I hate those things!!!Maybe thisOr thiswould have been better.
Old    kaligirl            01-07-2010, 4:01 PM Reply   
No worries I was totally eavesdropping on your thread anyway. I live in Sac but am thinking about meeting family from So. Cal at Naci and wanted to see what the lake was like. Have a great trip!
Old     (bfnaci)      Join Date: Dec 2008       01-07-2010, 9:39 PM Reply   
Hey
I spoke to Mr Robert Johnson today for about a half hour. He is the Asst. General Manager of Monterey County Water district.
He was a very nice guy and gave me some great information.
Here is the skinny on our water woes....

We all know the Spill-Way is finished and ready to perform as intended. Some of you know that Monterey is also building an rubber bladder dam down stream in the Salinas River bed. Its right about Marina City.
This dam will hold back water so that our lake water actually perks into the ground and does not run into the ocean.

With that said, they have been having a lot of failures with this rubber bladder and ordering new parts for it and it fails again, then the Holidays hit and everyone stopped working on it for a while.
They keep testing it and that is why the sporadic water releases have been taking place even while its raining. Normally the large releases would be over by this time of year.

Here is the good news!!!!

The bladder has been repaired and has past all its tests, the release schedule is going to go back to normal as of this weekend. Saturday check the Naci release web site and you will see. It should be down to about 100 cfs to 60 CFS. Those numbers are dictated by the Environmental groups who claim thats what is takes to keep the fish population alive in the Salinas River.

The lake is now going to be allowed to start filling, all construction is over. Lets hope there is no more failure of that rubber bladder dam again.

Whoooohoooo pray for rain
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-08-2010, 11:46 AM Reply   
Cool Brent, thanks for the heads up. Good to know they got their ish together and will start letting our lake fill up!

Time to start the rain dance!
Old     (ndavis03)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-08-2010, 11:54 AM Reply   
Thanks for the great info Brent
Old     (2006maliblue)      Join Date: Mar 2009       01-17-2010, 8:06 PM Reply   
Just got back from spending two weeks down at the cabin trying to get it ready for summer and took some pics!

Our high ramp is way out of the water and so is our lower ramp!
Text description

Here is a picture of what should be nothing but lake!
Text description

I decided to take the waverunner out on the lake to see how low it is but had a little trouble launching!
Text description

And of course once I got it launched it wouldn't start and had to be jump started! Yea I realize now it was stupid starting it in the mud because it sucked rocks and I had to pull it out and clean before I was able to take it out on the water the next day after I charged the battery!
Text description

When the lake is low you can always find some goodies! Like this jet boat around the corner from heritage ranch the sticker on it says 99
Text description

But I got alot of work done on the cabin being there wasn't much water to play in. Installed a pad and propane tank so we now have heat! Plus I can install the hot tub in the deck! Should be a fun summer!
Text description

I also brought home two lake toys to try getting them running again. Its been a few years sense they've seen service!
Text description

Glad to hear we have a good strong storm coming and they've lowered the release rates. 10 inches well actually fill us up because our watershed is so large. Everybody do your rain dance!
Old     (wakinwestcoast)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-19-2010, 7:59 AM Reply   
looks like the lake is on the rise =)
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-19-2010, 10:50 AM Reply   
Was up there all weekend. Rained like a mofo Sunday and Monday. With the amount of water/sediment running into the lake, it is going to take months for it all to settle. Looks like Lake Yoohoo at the moment.
Old     (mike3500)      Join Date: Jun 2008       01-19-2010, 4:14 PM Reply   
Robert, can't see your photos. Is it my computer?
Old     (bfnaci)      Join Date: Dec 2008       01-20-2010, 3:01 PM Reply   
Just checked the lake today, Wed 20th, my rain gauge shows six inches since Monday. More on the way this evening and tomorrow.
The lake is filling rapidly, far more than the Monterey release schedule is showing. The main ramp is in the water and the island at the west ramp are going under quick.
For those of you familiar with the West ramp, that old P.O.S. flat bottom red white and blue boat is going under water today for sure.
I'll try and post some pics. It looks like Robert was not having any luck posting.
Old     (bfnaci)      Join Date: Dec 2008       01-20-2010, 3:17 PM Reply   
Here is the islands at the West ramp on Monday 18th
Upload
Old     (bfnaci)      Join Date: Dec 2008       01-20-2010, 3:18 PM Reply   
Here is the same island on Wed 20th. Water is rising fast.
Upload
Old     (bfnaci)      Join Date: Dec 2008       01-20-2010, 3:24 PM Reply   
This is the stretch of beach where the Oak Shores boat slips are parked on Monday 18th.
Upload
Old     (bfnaci)      Join Date: Dec 2008       01-20-2010, 3:28 PM Reply   
Here is the beach today, Wed 20th.
Lots of debris but I'm so happy to see the water rising fast.

Upload
Old     (seth)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-20-2010, 4:42 PM Reply   
very nice and the water is butter!! Ive been trying to check the Oak Shores web cam but its been down. Lets ride this weekend... and um take your boat!!!
Old     (bfnaci)      Join Date: Dec 2008       01-22-2010, 10:53 AM Reply   
Friday morning pics
This is the Oak Shores beach, slips all floating again.
Upload
Old     (bfnaci)      Join Date: Dec 2008       01-22-2010, 10:54 AM Reply   
Friday 22nd Oak Shores main ramp
Upload
Old     (bfnaci)      Join Date: Dec 2008       01-22-2010, 10:56 AM Reply   
Friday 22nd
West Ramp islands almost gone.
Upload
Old     (bfnaci)      Join Date: Dec 2008       01-22-2010, 10:57 AM Reply   
Friday 22
West ramp islands
Upload
Old     (martinez30)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-22-2010, 9:13 PM Reply   
Thank you for posting the photos! It certainly is nice to see lake nas fill up that fast, hope for more rain, and hopefully lake san antone also fills up enough to where we can launch our boat from the north shore..
once again, thanks!
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-22-2010, 10:32 PM Reply   
cal shasta cove filling nicely!
Old     (bfnaci)      Join Date: Dec 2008       01-26-2010, 4:21 PM Reply   
Looks like Jim Marshall and VS Marine are installing a new web came, now we will have two views.
Pretty cool!!!

http://www.lakenacimientolive.com/webcam-1-oak-shores.html
Old     (bfnaci)      Join Date: Dec 2008       02-06-2010, 10:25 AM Reply   
The islands are gone, ta da !!!
West ramp Oak Shores
Upload
Old     (bfnaci)      Join Date: Dec 2008       02-06-2010, 10:28 AM Reply   
West Ramp Oak Shores 2/6/2010 (39% capacity)
Upload
Old     (bfnaci)      Join Date: Dec 2008       02-06-2010, 10:30 AM Reply   
Oak Shores main ramp 2/6/2010 (39% capacity)
Upload
Old     (bfnaci)      Join Date: Dec 2008       02-06-2010, 10:32 AM Reply   
Oak Shores private slips/beach 2/6/2010(39% cap)
Upload
Old     (gwnkids)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-06-2010, 10:43 PM Reply   
Keep the updates coming
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-07-2010, 10:29 PM Reply   
Brent, I can't believe you just sat there and let Mark release water moccasins into the lake. That borders on irresponsible.
Old     (bfnaci)      Join Date: Dec 2008       02-10-2010, 11:53 AM Reply   
Dude, there were so many I got scared and just split the scene.
Sorry
Old     (bfnaci)      Join Date: Dec 2008       02-16-2010, 9:53 PM Reply   
Seth,
Did you go out this weekend? San Antonio or Naci?
Old     (seth)      Join Date: Sep 2002       02-18-2010, 12:23 AM Reply   
Brent,
Hopefully going out this weekend, weather permitting!! I got stuck with my boat tore to pieces putting a new stereo in last weekend. Now of course when its done and time to ride its supposed to rain. Im gonna be keeping it in Paso now though, I found a really nice storage place for the same price I pay in SB to be in the dirt. So no more towing the boat up there. If it goes according to plan Steve, Shawn, and I will be shredding San Antonio this weekend. Let me know if you want to ride the SAN!!!
Old     (bfnaci)      Join Date: Dec 2008       02-23-2010, 5:05 PM Reply   
I dropped into Sports LTD today and tried on the new Ronix boot, Danny Harfs "One" Boot.
It was so comfortable and it wasn't (of course) heated around my foot yet. I can only imagine how comfortable it could be after the heating treatment. It was super light and the Limited Black looked sweet!!!!
Old     (bfnaci)      Join Date: Dec 2008       03-02-2010, 5:52 PM Reply   
So the lake is at 54% now, my guess it will get to 100% with two more good rains this month.

Not sure I'm liking this new Wake World, I'll give it a solid try. It seems cheaper some how...
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-03-2010, 10:41 AM Reply   
Brent, I'm coming up this weekend to chill. See you then. A few more good rains will do us well, shes already looking nice.

Naci folks, I created a group on the new WakeWorld called "Lake Naci and its band of miscreants" it's for all that share the love of our beloved waterway. Join it, share some pictures, share the stoke and invite me over to share your beer!
Old     (bfnaci)      Join Date: Dec 2008       03-16-2010, 6:43 PM Reply   
Went out Sunday, water was cold but the air temp was so nice.
Saw just about all the local crew, looked like everyone was getting the cob webs off their tricks.

The water actually got better as the day went on.

Watch for sunken logs, saw a few gnarly hits on props, did a little damage.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-17-2010, 9:46 AM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/group/74/

Join the group!!

Brent, I'll be out on a friends older X-star Saturday. All white boat heading out of Heritage. Lets hope this weather holds!
Old     (2006maliblue)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-17-2010, 10:06 AM Reply   
Gonna be at the lake on friday and saturday on my way to L.A.

Not taking the boat as I'm still working on it but well probably take the waverunner out and work on some surface tricks! If you see us don't laugh!

I got some lead bricks wonder what would happen if we tried weighting it down and tried surfing it! lol

We're out of Tri-Counties and well probably be hiding in the Las Tablas area!
Old     (2006maliblue)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-23-2010, 11:43 PM Reply   
Goofed off at Naci saturday and sunday and took some video! Lake is looking great!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9L6HQu8ilG8
Old     (bfnaci)      Join Date: Dec 2008       03-24-2010, 3:58 PM Reply   
Robert
Thats pretty funny stuff.
Didn't see you guys though...
Old     (bfnaci)      Join Date: Dec 2008       03-24-2010, 4:17 PM Reply   
So I noticed today that more water was exiting the dam than usual. It seems Monterey has decided that not enough water is flowing into the ocean down in Monterey. They would like to see more water flowing into the ocean. We are now dumping 60 cfm out of the dam.

Here we go again!!!!
Old     (seth)      Join Date: Sep 2002       03-24-2010, 4:53 PM Reply   
Dude go plug that thing up!!!! We will be at Kevin's this weekend. You guys gonna be around??
Old     (bfnaci)      Join Date: Dec 2008       03-25-2010, 8:45 PM Reply   
I will be around...
My crew is falling apart man. Remy has to work, Chad is no longer coming up, took a job in L.A.
Shawn always has something else to do lately, kids, disneyland, wife, jeeeees!!! Fred is hanging with a non wakeboard crew full time.

If you guys need a third, holler my way.
Old     (seth)      Join Date: Sep 2002       03-26-2010, 9:07 AM Reply   
I think we can find a spot for ya!! Right now its just Kevin, Steve, and I.
Old     (ndavis03)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-26-2010, 1:52 PM Reply   
I'm thinking about heading to Naci in a week or two. What is the water temp like right now, and are you guys trunkin it or wearing wet suits? Also, I'm assuming there is a ton of debris to look out for?
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-26-2010, 2:01 PM Reply   
Nick, the lake is in great shape! There are some patches of debris, but its not that bad at all. Just gotta pay attention in certain areas. The water is heating up, last weekend I rode in a long sleeve spring at about 10am, it was perfect. I'd say that it is in the mid 60s.

It has been warm the last two weeks and its getting nice out there, this weekend should be awesome!
Old     (ndavis03)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-26-2010, 2:48 PM Reply   
Thanks for the quick reply. I wish I could head out there this weekend. Unfortunately, my boat is not going to get serviced for another week and a half. The water temp sounds pretty good, considering how cold it has been getting at night up in Salinas. It looks like my first trip of the season won't be until 4/10.
Old     (seth)      Join Date: Sep 2002       03-29-2010, 7:41 PM Reply   
yeah its nice, I trunked it on saturday morning, but wore a full suit the rest of the trip. It was a little chilly, and all the yahoos must have gotten the memo that the lake is filling up!
Old     (seth)      Join Date: Sep 2002       04-02-2010, 8:51 AM Reply   
Anyone want to ride Sunday? We need a third, bunnies welcome!!!
Old     (bfnaci)      Join Date: Dec 2008       04-07-2010, 7:05 PM Reply   
You guys are crazy.....
I've been in a drysuit and its freakin cold...my temp gauge said 61 deg last week.

Seth, dude, when your heading out call me! I don't check into WW very often at the lake, very slow connection.

472 2082
Old     (seth)      Join Date: Sep 2002       04-07-2010, 10:26 PM Reply   
Will do, headed up this weekend!!
Old     (bfnaci)      Join Date: Dec 2008       04-20-2010, 6:44 PM Reply   
Saturday morning we are out at about 10:00 am, complete glass. There was only a few other boats out near Oak Shores and they are all doing power turns.
This one boat nearest us is doing them over and over because his rider keeps falling. I yelled towards him while he was stopped to SLOW DOWN YOUR TURN AROUNDS.
He waved back at me so I'm thinking cool that worked..

The guy's rider falls agin right next to us and the driver does this really big turn full throttle and he yells, SPEED UP YOUR TURN AROUNDS!!! His girl friend flips us off.
Red and White older malibu.

So I have this new idea. If we cant get them to stop power turning on our lake, what if we just embarrasse them.
Lets start a thread on the main page called " Douche Bag Power Turners on Nacimiento" and lets start posting close up pictures of them and their boat.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-21-2010, 12:47 PM Reply   
I feel your pain Brent, the problem is, of the hundreds of boats out there ripping power turns, maybe 5 of them have ever visited this site.

I've always said a small flyer that gets handed to everyone at the main marina and is posted at the gas pumps would be more effective. My experience is that people just don't know what they are doing is incorrect in any way. Yelling across the lake never helps, approaching a boat when they are at a stop can help but usually people are defensive. There is no good answer unfortunately. The joys of public waterways...
Old     (seth)      Join Date: Sep 2002       04-21-2010, 3:18 PM Reply   
This happened to us last year at San Antonio. Bout to take a set by the dam and a boat that had recently come into that covish area was about to have a gnarly hangin' ten intense surf set!!!! I politely yelled over and asked if they would cruise out to the main body to surf and they were cool and did.

In your situation I would have cruised right over there and had a little coversation about power turns with them!!!!!

Headed up Friday night, just got a sweet new helmet for some intense tubing super early saturday morning right in front of oak shores. If I see you guys come out ill lead the way to Tables!!! Surfs up!
Old     (bfnaci)      Join Date: Dec 2008       04-23-2010, 11:44 AM Reply   
Seth Dude, I just got a new tube!!
.I'm down for that, thinking about selling my wakeboard and just tubing from here on, we could start a tube team or something.
Old     (bfnaci)      Join Date: Dec 2008       05-04-2010, 8:57 PM Reply   
Its getting dark now about 8:00 pm
I think it's time we started getting some long evening runs in before sunset.
Old     (bfnaci)      Join Date: Dec 2008       05-18-2010, 4:44 PM Reply   
I swear something is up, its windy every weekend and not windy and butter all week on workdays. We must have pissed off the wind god or something.
Old     (mike3500)      Join Date: Jun 2008       05-19-2010, 3:26 PM Reply   
Just went to San Antonio this weekend. It was windy as hell at night, but during the day it wasn't too bad. Conditions were pretty much great.
Old     (afx43)      Join Date: May 2009       05-27-2010, 1:55 AM Reply   
Anyone planning on going out this weekend with room for one more? I have finals coming up soon and I'd love to get out on the lake and burn off some extra energy beforehand, and of course there would be some gas money for your trouble.
Old     (bfnaci)      Join Date: Dec 2008       06-03-2010, 5:53 PM Reply   
Memorial weekend was crazy with wild people on Naci.
I can't remember seeing the lake look so rough, there were 2' to 3' rollers coming from every direction all day every day.
Once we finally got to the back of Tablas it was nice and calm with lots of crazy people doing crazy stuff.
Where do they all come from? I'm sure glad its only three times a year.

Went out on Tuesday morning and found my lake again, rode glass all day with my pepes, good times!!
Old     (afx43)      Join Date: May 2009       06-03-2010, 7:10 PM Reply   
I managed to make it up for Monday and it didn't seem too bad in the morning, but that might have just been first run of the year optimism clouding my vision. Once thetubers came out and the wind picked up though the good water was gone for good.

Hopefully I can make it up again sometime soon and see some of that glass you speak of!
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-04-2010, 9:50 AM Reply   
We hit it early Sunday/Monday and got decent water both days. Thankfully the emphasis was placed on delicious beers and great food. Pretty epic weekend at the lake, now everyone needs to go away so we can ride!
Old     (bfnaci)      Join Date: Dec 2008       06-05-2010, 6:02 PM Reply   
Big Heavy,
I saw yous guys in the back of Tablas wakeboarding in the early morning but could not find yous guys in the afternoon...Where did you guys hang?

Brad (afx43),
Im sure one of the locals would have hooked you up with a run or two but would have needed a little more notice. I had a full boat all weekend plus I never once went on line and checked Wake World. Sorry.....
Old     (bfnaci)      Join Date: Dec 2008       06-16-2010, 10:07 PM Reply   
Remy has access to this machine, can you imagine what fun ridiculous stuff we could do with this thing and a wake board crew? Ha ha ha
http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/images/attach/jpg.gif
Attached Images

Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-21-2010, 9:18 AM Reply   
Yo Brent, thanks for coming out with us for a little boat ride, it was good to get to some small wake shredding, haha. That lady finally made it out and proceeded to scare the ba-jesus out of Shawn & I. Hopefully she won't be out on the water too much.
Old     (bfnaci)      Join Date: Dec 2008       07-01-2010, 9:18 AM Reply   
Well, we are heading into another wild weekend where all the crazy people come to our lake and pull god knows what stunts all around us... ARE YOU READY????

I suggest we hit it early and bear the 55 deg air temps.

Where are we going to hang out, memorial day we were fractioned all over the lake?
Lets call someplace the spot, Town Creek, Swamp John?? Doesn't matter to me, somebody take charge. SETH, KEVIN
Old     (2006maliblue)      Join Date: Mar 2009       07-01-2010, 9:28 AM Reply   
Watch out guys I'll be one of the crazies making it down for the weekend! lol I haven't dipped the wakesetter in this year yet as we've been staying local to my house saving for our big cross country trip this summer but can't miss a party weekend on my home lake! Going to be at the cabin and partying in Las Tablas during the day. Probably do some real early morning sessions to gets some riding in too!
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-01-2010, 9:30 AM Reply   
Should be a wild weekend out there. Last weekend was pretty awesome, good water early but very cold at 7am on Saturday, Sunday however was perfect. The water is going down fast!!
Old     (seth)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-06-2010, 9:07 AM Reply   
I was up at Lake Almanor since last Wednesday for the 4th weekend, hope everything was good at Naci! I want to ride this weekend!!!!!
Old     (bfnaci)      Join Date: Dec 2008       07-07-2010, 9:09 PM Reply   
Seth
How cold was the water at that lake? I'm guessing thats pure snow melt, brrrrrrrr
Old     (seth)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-11-2010, 4:24 PM Reply   
I was thinking the same thing but it wasnt actually very cold, probably mid 60's. Not quite the 80 deg. that Naci is right now!!!!!
Old     (bfnaci)      Join Date: Dec 2008       07-12-2010, 6:33 PM Reply   
I'm going to be on vacation all next week, GUESS WHERE IM GOING TO BE???

Its gonna be in the high 90's and minimum wind according to TWC

I cannot freakin wait, I'm going to bed early everynight just to make the time pass.....ha ha ha
Old     (seth)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-14-2010, 8:09 AM Reply   
Im guessing either Castaic or Piru??
Old     (bfnaci)      Join Date: Dec 2008       07-14-2010, 9:08 PM Reply   
Ahhh close,
Pyramid, its about as warm as where you were last week :-)
Old     (bfnaci)      Join Date: Dec 2008       08-02-2010, 4:00 PM Reply   
Its been windy in the mornings lately, this last Sunday was awesome.

The Fair crowd should die down now, can't wait for school to start again.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-03-2010, 9:53 AM Reply   
Yeah Saturday morning sucked royally! Probably going to skip this weekend and me prepped for some Shawn Wilson birthday bashing!
Old     (jakesnyder)      Join Date: Sep 2004       08-03-2010, 11:28 AM Reply   
Looking forward to a weekend of camping at Naci on the weekend of the 13th. Big group, love to party and LOVE to wakeboard. Find us for some riding if you want to.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-10-2010, 12:24 PM Reply   
Jake, should be out that weekend. I'll be on my buddy's Sanger 210, its mostly white with some big Wetsounds hanging from the tower. Say hey if you see us.