Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 11, 2007

Old     (drewsnautique94)      Join Date: Nov 2006       12-15-2006, 3:39 PM Reply   
looking to buy a new 'non-stretch" wakeboard rope..the rope i have is very cheap....what is the best or best for the money rope?..........i see some have a "spectra rope with handle" for around 100...yet most ropes alone are around 70.00 and up.......thanks
Old     (bwog21)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-15-2006, 4:59 PM Reply   
it depends if you want the rope coated or not i bought an uncoated rope.My uncoated rope gets tangled easy. Buy wake has a non strect on sale for $100 vinyl coat. http://buywake.com/catalog/detail/AC_bvw8d. Or you can get a non vinyl coat rope for $60 @ http://buywake.com/catalog/detail/HA_RxiAa. Honestly im just lazy so untangling a rope for 3 minutes is a hastle, if i had more disapline: saving $40 would be worth it but im just spoiled, its up to you my uncoated rope works fine im just lazy.
Old     (dukeno1)      Join Date: May 2006       12-15-2006, 9:49 PM Reply   
Does anyone know if this is good rope? It is on ebay for $39.99 +12.00 shipping.

Upload

NEW! Bullet Ski Lines 75' Spectra Fusion Core Mainline. This item is new and in original manufacturer packaging. Rope is made and looks exactly the same as an Accurate Jacket rope. Rope is a thin 3/16" with a break strength of 4500lbs. Marking flags at each section. This mainline has a tangle free tight feel. Retails for $109.95
Old     (notsobueno)      Join Date: Dec 2004       12-15-2006, 10:16 PM Reply   
Accurate A-line is the best (IMO). No tangles, slides thru your fingers without any chafing, and if you get the white one, very easy to see in the water.

I have one of those Bullet Lines...it is a decent rope for sure, but the coating started to shred on mine after only one season of moderate amount riding. Doesn't affect the pull at all, but depending on where the rip is, can be funky. I'm trying to cut all the coating off & use it as a backup rope now.

(Message edited by notsobueno on December 15, 2006)
Old     (jamie_lamar)      Join Date: Mar 2004       12-16-2006, 7:18 AM Reply   
Are you looking for a combo with handle & line or just some new line for a good price?
Old     (bear)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-16-2006, 12:25 PM Reply   
Tim thats a decent rope, I have one as my back up. It tangles up very easy and only after a few times of using it the black shrink rap covering the stitching has come off. All and all you get what you pay for. Its a good back up. I would for sure recomend an A-line. I love them.
Old     (wondermike)      Join Date: Apr 2006       12-16-2006, 12:37 PM Reply   
I have the LF red dragon that thing rocks. Same as the black widow but red in color. It is by far the best rope i have had.

Had a few accurate, straight lines all were good but i like the LF the best.

http://www.the-house.com/wklfbwm6zz-liquid-force.html
Old     (drewsnautique94)      Join Date: Nov 2006       12-16-2006, 4:47 PM Reply   
looking for just the line........seems evryone has a different opinion on ropes so maybe ill try the accurate a line or the straight line thermal!
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       12-17-2006, 5:39 AM Reply   
Accurate A line or the Accurate Fire Jacket are great lines. I dont care what others say, if you take care of your line and store it properly it will not tangle. I had a Fire jacket for 3 seasons and would still probably have it but it got caught in the prop. Even though it got caught in the prop it was so strong that even with the cut in the line it still held up. They are very well made.
Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       12-17-2006, 9:58 AM Reply   
Keep this in mind... if you take good care of your rope, it will take care of you. If you take good care of it, it will never knot or tangle up. The expensive coated nontangle ropes are for the people who just pull it in ASAP and leave it on the ground of the boat for people to step on, and then weave the handle through the coils a couple times and then throw the handle out and expect to be ready to ride.

IMO :-) and I have never had a problem with a nice cheap non-stretch shoelace rope, because I coil it up perfectly every time I ride, and uncoil it properly before I ride.
Old     (bulletlines)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-17-2006, 11:12 AM Reply   
Ryan, Tim:

We have our Bullet Armor Line coated ropes on clearance for $50.00. I can add the matching EVA handle for $40.00.

Thanks,

Ken Land
Bullet Lines
kland@bulletlines.com
www.bulletlines.com}
Old     (woohoo)      Join Date: Jun 2006       12-17-2006, 2:58 PM Reply   
I've got the Accurate Fire line and have been very pleased, like Duffy says if you take care of your rope it won't tangle, you just have to put it away properly.
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       12-17-2006, 5:45 PM Reply   
Tim, I've had one of the Bullet lines for 2 years now and it has worked well, but it isn't exactly tangle free.